1996 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.4

Based on 120 Ratings for the 1991 - 1997 models.

Why doesn't anyone make them like this?

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Reliability even at 270,000 miles"

Cons: "MPG 11/15 with today's prices can dent the budget."

"Excellent excellent excellent. Other than gas mileage I don't have a single complaint. I bought it used with 60,000 miles (a new one would have been cost prohibitive for me) and have only had to replace the typical wear-out items, tires, shocks, windshield due to rock chips, a couple of hoses...and a radiator and bumper because my teenager rear-ended another car. No timing chain or belt to worry about - they are gears. No CV Boots to tear, they don't have them. I drive 65% hwy/35% city and get a consistent 15mpg, nothing to brag about but did I mention I have 270,000 miles and still going strong with no rattles from anywhere - not even the interior. My vehicle is completely stock with all options, anti-lock breaks, locking differentials, moon-roof, rack, leather interior. I have never been stuck in my landcruiser, whether it be snow, sand, mud, it always pulls me through. I will never get rid of it because I haven't seen another vehicle as reliable or versatile on the road, although i do wish it got better mpg. Toyota has demonstrated to the rest of the car world how they all should be built. If you know of one that can compare, let me know! I haven't seen one yet."

THE BEST CAR OUR FAMILY EVER HAD!

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Reason: Totaled

Pros: "Realiability!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "Radio is not the best."

"My family bought this car back in 97 and inherited the car in 08. Ever since we had it, it has been the most reliable, problem free car! Besides from regular maintenance we never had to worry about anything! Until the day it was totaled by a truck, the car had all it's original parts, no leaks, no problems. Engine was smooth and didn't make a sound even after running for almost 200,000 miles. This was my baby for sure! MPG was not good, but it the least of worries when you can count on it everyday. Just untopobale in every terrain. Snow, dirt, mud you name it, it's amazing. Wish there was another car that could compare to my Land Cruiser. I will hands down buy another one!!"

Best Car Ever-OMega Man would drive this car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Better than an HUMV in sand"

Cons: "v6 is under powered and need more leg room for dri"

"I love this car. Amazing reliable engine. Hand built car 1996 was the last year it was hand built. It is great on the beach and in the snow the clearance for off road is great. This car is built to survive the end of the world."

LOVE MY LAND CRUISER!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "A joy to drive...except for the fuel mileage."

Cons: "Only the fuel mileage"

"Have driven BMWs since the '80s. There is not a BMW made that I would trade my Land Cruiser for. An old and incredible vehicle. Wish I'd bought it YEARS earlier!"

BEST VEHICLE I EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE, WELL WORTH THE MONEY, AWESOME!"

Cons: "no cup hldrs in rear, poor gas Milage,"

"I bought my LC 40th Anniversary Edition use with 50K in 2000. This is the best vehicle for several reasons. Reliable, Quality Built, and Comfortable. I did not buy this vehicle for gas milage, but safety. This LC has NEVER let me down. I have traveled across the US several times coast to coast and it have NEVER failed me. It is AWD and excellent in the snow. I have not spent any money on repairs only routine maintenance. Drive like it did when I bought it. Only complaint is my husband is too tall for his 6'4 frame. Fine by me, I am the one driving...."