1996 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.4

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1991 - 1997 models.

THE BEST CAR OUR FAMILY EVER HAD!

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Reason: Totaled

Pros: "Realiability!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "Radio is not the best."

"My family bought this car back in 97 and inherited the car in 08. Ever since we had it, it has been the most reliable, problem free car! Besides from regular maintenance we never had to worry about anything! Until the day it was totaled by a truck, the car had all it's original parts, no leaks, no problems. Engine was smooth and didn't make a sound even after running for almost 200,000 miles. This was my baby for sure! MPG was not good, but it the least of worries when you can count on it everyday. Just untopobale in every terrain. Snow, dirt, mud you name it, it's amazing. Wish there was another car that could compare to my Land Cruiser. I will hands down buy another one!!"

Best Car Ever-OMega Man would drive this car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Better than an HUMV in sand"

Cons: "v6 is under powered and need more leg room for dri"

"I love this car. Amazing reliable engine. Hand built car 1996 was the last year it was hand built. It is great on the beach and in the snow the clearance for off road is great. This car is built to survive the end of the world."

LOVE MY LAND CRUISER!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "A joy to drive...except for the fuel mileage."

Cons: "Only the fuel mileage"

"Have driven BMWs since the '80s. There is not a BMW made that I would trade my Land Cruiser for. An old and incredible vehicle. Wish I'd bought it YEARS earlier!"

BEST VEHICLE I EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE, WELL WORTH THE MONEY, AWESOME!"

Cons: "no cup hldrs in rear, poor gas Milage,"

"I bought my LC 40th Anniversary Edition use with 50K in 2000. This is the best vehicle for several reasons. Reliable, Quality Built, and Comfortable. I did not buy this vehicle for gas milage, but safety. This LC has NEVER let me down. I have traveled across the US several times coast to coast and it have NEVER failed me. It is AWD and excellent in the snow. I have not spent any money on repairs only routine maintenance. Drive like it did when I bought it. Only complaint is my husband is too tall for his 6'4 frame. Fine by me, I am the one driving...."

Solid, reliable, safe, a tank with nice seats

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Engine, gearing (crawl ratio 50's), tank-like"

Cons: "None."

"I've owned two FJ40's and thoroughly enjoyed them off road. They weren't the best riding on the roads in traffic though. I got a 1995 Landcruiser with 120K in 2007. Got it for my son who just started driving. Reason was that it is a very safe vehicle, a tank with wheels instead of tracks. I finally got it back in 2012 due to numerous maintenance issues, which are normal for the Landcruisers, especially at 175,000. Exchanged it for a 2004 Toyota Corolla, 40 mph highway, perfect for him. Hog heaven for me, I got my Landcruiser back. This vehicle is the most solid, off the showroom vehicle made. Without modifications, it can off road with the best and still deliver you to a high-class restaurant in a tux without missing a step. The 1996 landcruiser had basically no changes because the 1995 version got everything right. The motor and drivetrain will be considered legendary in time if not already considered one of the best. It is rated up there with the Landrover and Mercedes SUV, quite excellent company."

See if you qualify for