1995 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.4

Based on 121 Ratings for the 1991 - 1997 models.

Offroad Beast!!

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"I have a 1994 Toyota Landcruiser. It is the very best offroad vehicle you can buy. You have to get the 1994 year or lower because of the inline V6. The gear ratio is low and it will crawl over anything. It is fantastic in the snow, mud, ice, whatever...very safe vehicle. The engine they put in these things is probably the best Toyota engine ever. And Toyota has been building great engines for a long time. Here is the deal. You can go from uptown class to redneck mudballer at any given time. This rig will turn heads no matter what you are doing or where you are going. it demands a bit of a price tag, but I've never seen anything from mine that would make me want any other vehicle. I guess the one true downfall is gas mileage. I have mine with K&N's on everything possible and was able to boost gas mileage up to about 13.5 mpg. That still sounds awful, but I was around 11 mpg before. The good part, I guess, is that is the gas mileage no matter if you're on the freeway or in the hills."

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I have gone over 200,000 with only regular maintenance. A great, great, reliable car"

Best Truck Ever Made

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Have had this truck for 15 years, and the quality is unbelivable. Close to 300,000 miles and not a single rattle or noise and it has never ever let me down. Most of the hoses are even still the original! Icredible. A toyota dealer told me the company actually lost around $5000 on each of these sold because they over built them and then had to price them to the market, I believe it. Will go into history someday as the best ever built I think."

Great Truck!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Very Reliable, Go Anywhere"

Cons: "Eats Gas"

"If you cannot fix a vehicle yourself or pay the dealer to work on it, do not buy this truck. People complain about the $2500 cost of a head gasket change at the dealership. If you change the head gasket yourself its $150 and a few hours work. The 80 series Land Cruiser is a very reliable truck, but requires a sizable amount of preventative maintenance. It’s not a Car or your typical SUV! If you do your research online, you will find that the Series 80 is one of the most over engineered off-road vehicles you can buy. Get a truck with the factory lockers, it costs $2000 plus to have them added later. It’s great for taking the family camping and driving the back roads."

Best vehicle made!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "trouble free, goes anywhere"

Cons: "slow power windows when really cold"

"I bought my FJ80 after someone t-boned my 85' BJ-60 diesel cruiser (which had 725,000 miles on it!). I have owned several 60's and 62's and absolutely love this 80 series. I have owned it for 6 years and done nothing but change the oil and other fluids as recommended. The millage is kind of poor, the power windows are slow when it gets below 0, but otherwise no complaints. I will stick with the cruisers till they put me in the ground!"

best car ever

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great drive, reliable, love the body style"

Cons: "gas guzzler, but worth it"

"reliable, comfortable and never lets me down. I can pack just about anything in her and my grandkids love the third row seats with the slider windows. You cannot go wrong with a cruiser. the two times I've had it in for repairs in the last two years, they've been very minor. wanted one forever, so glad I have her."

For being 18 years old, its amazing!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price, safe, spacious and will last FOREVER!"

Cons: "GAS GUSLER!"

"I've had 12 cars over the last 14 years. I've everything from a VW, Audi, Cadillac, Jeep, Honda and Acura. This is my first Toyota and the oldest car I've ever had and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! The space inside, the feeling of being safe while driving and not to mention having people ask if I'd be willing to sell it is great! I got it for $5600! You can not find this vehicle anywhere, and in this shape for that price. I lucked out!!! :) If you ever come across a Land Cruiser, DO NO pass it up!"

The best car ever built

By on Saturday, January 01, 2011

"I had this landcruiser for 14 years and put over 300000 miles on it. Great all around SUV. Would buy another one, but they are now so expensive."

Awsome vehicle

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"This is our 4th Land Cruiser. It is fun to drive and easy to get around town in. It has room enough for our four kids and all of their stuff. It is very reliable and we have had very few problems with it. We highly recommend it."

Landcruiser

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"great suv, does use the front brakes more than you would expect. The land cruiser is a very solid vehicle on the road and off, you will feel safe with this type of vehicle. runs very well, will climb just about straight up a wall, just won't beat any land speed records doing it. would recomment this suv to anyone willing to pay a bit more for this type of vehicle."