1995 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.4

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1991 - 1997 models.

This Is the best vehicle I have ever owned!!

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "base price was over 50k now you can get one for 5k"

Cons: "People don't like to part with them. Hard to find"

"I have owned this vehicle for 6 years, and I can honestly say that anyone that is looking to purchase a very reliable and very capable truck, has to own this vehicle. I have many friends that love to go 4 wheeling, or just camping, and knowing that we have such a capable 4 wheel drive if we run into anything unexpected is such a good feeling. We know that we will still be coming back. Some of my other friends that have Jeeps can not say the same thing! If you are even considering purchasing a 4 wheel drive, make it a landcruiser!"

Over-rated, really.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage, EXTREMELY expensive for service and repairs.

Pros: "Handles well in a straight line, but slow."

Cons: "Crazy expensive for service and repair."

"These vehicles are great when they are new but once they get some miles on them, say over 150,000, they need constant and VERY expensive maintenance. They get horrible gas mileage, maybe 12mpg around town, 15mpg highway. They have a few quirks that can stop you dead in your tracks and leave you stranded. They ALL have a defective headgasket design. They ALL will blow sooner or later. So if the headgasket has not been replaced yet, take $2500 right off the top of the asking price, because that is the minimum you will have to pay to get it fixed. If you don't get it fixed and continue to drive it with a leaking headgasket you will ruin the engine. Just to service the (hidden) CV joints costs, are you ready for it, $1500, and that is if there are no worn parts needing replacing, most of that is in labor charges. So overall, unless you own an oil well in North Dakota, take a pass on the FZJ-80 Toyota Landcruiser; they are totally not indestructable and will empty your bank account quickly."

Solid TRUCK

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Life saving tank of a truck"

Cons: "Gas hog"

"Solid axles and solid drivetrain. Hidden underneath luxury appointments. I hit a deer dead center of the front bumper at 70 mph. Drove home . Truck in opposite direction also hit a deer in the herd that came from nowhere to cover the whole two lanes. He didn't drive away. LCs are tough. I have owned a few including a 40. They are all serious trucks. This configuration of the Land Cruiser might have been the best. I give it "11"."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "none."

"This is the 11th Toyota I have ever owned. None of them have ever given me any issues. I just sold my Toyota 94 4x4 4cyl which had 336,000 miles on it and ran great. I own a 94 Landcruiser with all options including front, rear and center locking differentials. All options work as they should. The vehicle drives and runs perfect. It still has the original paint, interior and windshield! It does not leak, burn oil, etc. Our Cruiser has 237,000 miles and runs like a champ! Toyota is all I will ever buy and the 1993-94 Landcruiser is the best one they ever made. I have seen people that have 600,000 miles on the original engine/tranny/etc on these and still running strong. The interior is great on our cruiser also. The dash shows no sign of wear after 21 years of use (never used a dash cover). I love this vehicle. Only downside is the 13-14 MPG (all city driving). To me though this is a trade off for a heavy, safe vehicle."

Why doesn't anyone make them like this?

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Reliability even at 270,000 miles"

Cons: "MPG 11/15 with today's prices can dent the budget."

"Excellent excellent excellent. Other than gas mileage I don't have a single complaint. I bought it used with 60,000 miles (a new one would have been cost prohibitive for me) and have only had to replace the typical wear-out items, tires, shocks, windshield due to rock chips, a couple of hoses...and a radiator and bumper because my teenager rear-ended another car. No timing chain or belt to worry about - they are gears. No CV Boots to tear, they don't have them. I drive 65% hwy/35% city and get a consistent 15mpg, nothing to brag about but did I mention I have 270,000 miles and still going strong with no rattles from anywhere - not even the interior. My vehicle is completely stock with all options, anti-lock breaks, locking differentials, moon-roof, rack, leather interior. I have never been stuck in my landcruiser, whether it be snow, sand, mud, it always pulls me through. I will never get rid of it because I haven't seen another vehicle as reliable or versatile on the road, although i do wish it got better mpg. Toyota has demonstrated to the rest of the car world how they all should be built. If you know of one that can compare, let me know! I haven't seen one yet."

THE BEST CAR OUR FAMILY EVER HAD!

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Reason: Totaled

Pros: "Realiability!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "Radio is not the best."

"My family bought this car back in 97 and inherited the car in 08. Ever since we had it, it has been the most reliable, problem free car! Besides from regular maintenance we never had to worry about anything! Until the day it was totaled by a truck, the car had all it's original parts, no leaks, no problems. Engine was smooth and didn't make a sound even after running for almost 200,000 miles. This was my baby for sure! MPG was not good, but it the least of worries when you can count on it everyday. Just untopobale in every terrain. Snow, dirt, mud you name it, it's amazing. Wish there was another car that could compare to my Land Cruiser. I will hands down buy another one!!"

Best Car Ever-OMega Man would drive this car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Better than an HUMV in sand"

Cons: "v6 is under powered and need more leg room for dri"

"I love this car. Amazing reliable engine. Hand built car 1996 was the last year it was hand built. It is great on the beach and in the snow the clearance for off road is great. This car is built to survive the end of the world."

LOVE MY LAND CRUISER!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "A joy to drive...except for the fuel mileage."

Cons: "Only the fuel mileage"

"Have driven BMWs since the '80s. There is not a BMW made that I would trade my Land Cruiser for. An old and incredible vehicle. Wish I'd bought it YEARS earlier!"

BEST VEHICLE I EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE, WELL WORTH THE MONEY, AWESOME!"

Cons: "no cup hldrs in rear, poor gas Milage,"

"I bought my LC 40th Anniversary Edition use with 50K in 2000. This is the best vehicle for several reasons. Reliable, Quality Built, and Comfortable. I did not buy this vehicle for gas milage, but safety. This LC has NEVER let me down. I have traveled across the US several times coast to coast and it have NEVER failed me. It is AWD and excellent in the snow. I have not spent any money on repairs only routine maintenance. Drive like it did when I bought it. Only complaint is my husband is too tall for his 6'4 frame. Fine by me, I am the one driving...."

Solid, reliable, safe, a tank with nice seats

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Engine, gearing (crawl ratio 50's), tank-like"

Cons: "None."

"I've owned two FJ40's and thoroughly enjoyed them off road. They weren't the best riding on the roads in traffic though. I got a 1995 Landcruiser with 120K in 2007. Got it for my son who just started driving. Reason was that it is a very safe vehicle, a tank with wheels instead of tracks. I finally got it back in 2012 due to numerous maintenance issues, which are normal for the Landcruisers, especially at 175,000. Exchanged it for a 2004 Toyota Corolla, 40 mph highway, perfect for him. Hog heaven for me, I got my Landcruiser back. This vehicle is the most solid, off the showroom vehicle made. Without modifications, it can off road with the best and still deliver you to a high-class restaurant in a tux without missing a step. The 1996 landcruiser had basically no changes because the 1995 version got everything right. The motor and drivetrain will be considered legendary in time if not already considered one of the best. It is rated up there with the Landrover and Mercedes SUV, quite excellent company."

Best SUV ever made!!!! Hands down!!!!

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "STURDY. Reliable. Comfy. Powerful."

Cons: "MPG. Hard to work on. ALTERNATORS>:("

"Bought mine in 92. Have had it since! Have changed oil regularly (every 10k, filter 5k) Had plugs replaced @ 150,000. It's been a car that I plan to keep until I am buried. It's gas mileage isn't great, but for a tank, it's not bad. I have driven it through a creek/small river. I take it to Snowshoe mountain about 5 times a year and it absolutely has no problem making it up the mountain. Absolutely the best SUV ever made."

Toyota's Tribute to Quality and Reliability

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "A true all purpose vehicle"

Cons: "I forget"

"I have owned a 1987 4-runner and I still own a 1984 4x4 truck. However my 1992 landcruiser eclipses them all in comfort, reliability, utility. I have owned my 92 landcruiser for 6 months and even with 205 thousand miles it starts, drives, and performs like a vehicle half its age. My wife told me the other day that she is getting sentimental about the cruiser when I suggested selling it for a newer one.....she doesn't want to let it go....a first for her. She prefers to drive it over our 03 maxima! Its crazy but we just might become a 2 cruiser family! I have nothing negative to say about the cruiser because its many positives make any negatives disappear. It has become a member of the family."

very reliable and safe feeling

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "15 mpg at 65 mph"

Cons: "19 mpg at 55mph"

"have had since 2004 when i bought it with 150,000. towed trail manor collapsable trailer like it was not there. wife feels very secure and it is up where we can seee ahead third two seats not that confortable but we can take seven people square dancing all year"

The most duriable and reliable vehicle ever own

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "overall just a great vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage not the best for city driving"

"Our vehicle has been everything and more we could have expected through to present. Currently still have the vehicle and only considering getting rid of it because of gas mileage in city traffic is about only con to owning it.Certainly, the price increase in gas has made it more of a focus point than previously. Otherwise, just a great vehicle to have especially with a 4 plus family."

Best vehicle made!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "trouble free, goes anywhere"

Cons: "slow power windows when really cold"

"I bought my FJ80 after someone t-boned my 85' BJ-60 diesel cruiser (which had 725,000 miles on it!). I have owned several 60's and 62's and absolutely love this 80 series. I have owned it for 6 years and done nothing but change the oil and other fluids as recommended. The millage is kind of poor, the power windows are slow when it gets below 0, but otherwise no complaints. I will stick with the cruisers till they put me in the ground!"

Tank

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Safe"

Cons: "Windows are slow"

"This truck is a monster it will go anywhere!!"

GREAT vehicle that justs keeps on going

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "RELIABLE. Great in snow or rain."

Cons: "No cup holder."

"I bought a used 1992 Land Cruiser with over 115,000 and this SUV has proven reliable with low maintenance costs."

This is my Dream Car - Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage and the wear and tear on the brakes."

"I bought my LC new September 1996 which cost almost as much as the first house I purchased in 1988. I am approaching 265K and the engine still turns over like it is brand new. The most money spent on this vehicle has been for BRAKES! Replaced the radiator and fuel pump 2 years ago. Did CV joints on front at about 150K. But now we are getting into some major repairs due to its age... brake booster, EGR, more CV joints. Never had a car that would remotely last 15 years. Will be making some major decisions in the near future on whether I am going to keep my dream car, the Toyota Landcruiser."

Owed since new, the best car we have ever had.

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Very, very reliable."

Cons: "Power is not great for passing. No cup holders."

"Owed since new, the best car we have ever owed. Never had a major breakdown. Have done all mainetenance, timely. This vehicle will climb amazingly, in steep country, snow, ice and mud."

will never ever sell this yota, best rigg ever

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "go ANYWHERE comfort level and ride def. luxo."

Cons: "under powered, gas guzzler, no cup holders"

"this thing is more durable and has superior capabilities compared to any suv in its class. rides like a luxy, goes places like a military truck,"

The forever vehicle

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Durability, real 4-wheel drive, my kids love it."

Cons: "gas mileage, driver seat leather is wearing out"

"I bought this vehicle August 1996, new, after owning two Toyota Four Runners (1988, 1992) and putting 150000 miles on each without any major problems. My oldest daughter was 2 months old. Now she's less than a year away from driving and wants this truck. There's no chance the she'll get this vehicle. I'll help her buy a used Toyota as her first car, but that's it. I'm keeping the Land Cruiser."

Fantastic, would buy again any day.

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Can't stop it."

Cons: "15 mpg"

"Great vehicle. Wish they still made them."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

"Great on everything!"

best car ever

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great drive, reliable, love the body style"

Cons: "gas guzzler, but worth it"

"reliable, comfortable and never lets me down. I can pack just about anything in her and my grandkids love the third row seats with the slider windows. You cannot go wrong with a cruiser. the two times I've had it in for repairs in the last two years, they've been very minor. wanted one forever, so glad I have her."

For being 18 years old, its amazing!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price, safe, spacious and will last FOREVER!"

Cons: "GAS GUSLER!"

"I've had 12 cars over the last 14 years. I've everything from a VW, Audi, Cadillac, Jeep, Honda and Acura. This is my first Toyota and the oldest car I've ever had and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! The space inside, the feeling of being safe while driving and not to mention having people ask if I'd be willing to sell it is great! I got it for $5600! You can not find this vehicle anywhere, and in this shape for that price. I lucked out!!! :) If you ever come across a Land Cruiser, DO NO pass it up!"