1994 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.4

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1991 - 1997 models.

The forever vehicle

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Durability, real 4-wheel drive, my kids love it."

Cons: "gas mileage, driver seat leather is wearing out"

"I bought this vehicle August 1996, new, after owning two Toyota Four Runners (1988, 1992) and putting 150000 miles on each without any major problems. My oldest daughter was 2 months old. Now she's less than a year away from driving and wants this truck. There's no chance the she'll get this vehicle. I'll help her buy a used Toyota as her first car, but that's it. I'm keeping the Land Cruiser."

Fantastic, would buy again any day.

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Can't stop it."

Cons: "15 mpg"

"Great vehicle. Wish they still made them."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

"Great on everything!"

best car ever

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great drive, reliable, love the body style"

Cons: "gas guzzler, but worth it"

"reliable, comfortable and never lets me down. I can pack just about anything in her and my grandkids love the third row seats with the slider windows. You cannot go wrong with a cruiser. the two times I've had it in for repairs in the last two years, they've been very minor. wanted one forever, so glad I have her."

For being 18 years old, its amazing!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price, safe, spacious and will last FOREVER!"

Cons: "GAS GUSLER!"

"I've had 12 cars over the last 14 years. I've everything from a VW, Audi, Cadillac, Jeep, Honda and Acura. This is my first Toyota and the oldest car I've ever had and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! The space inside, the feeling of being safe while driving and not to mention having people ask if I'd be willing to sell it is great! I got it for $5600! You can not find this vehicle anywhere, and in this shape for that price. I lucked out!!! :) If you ever come across a Land Cruiser, DO NO pass it up!"

What an amazing vehicle...

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Great vehicle for the off-road road-tripper."

Cons: "Mileage, a little gutless climbing hills on hwy."

"I bought my cruiser last summer, have had it for about 4 months. It had 280K miles when I bought it. It started, ran and drove like a new vehicle. I figured I might get a year out of it, and for $2000 it would be a fun diversion, especially with the off-road bumper and tow package. 4 months later... I am continually amazed by what this SUV can do. It is a flawless performer in the snow, plowing over/thru 2 foot plow-berms with impunity, starting on the first try even at -20F, and with studded tires it is as surefooted as a mountain goat on icy Alaskan roads. The 'cruiser refuses to show it's age. I can't wait for summer to come back around. This is shaping up to be the ultimate road-trip vehicle, and is a great light toy-hauler (zodiac, trailer, etc.)"

great vehicle for leg, hip, and head room

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "dependability, laughs at pot holes in ABQ"

Cons: "gas mileage, lack of acceleration"

"I have been searching for another landcruiser since I sold a 85 FJ60 out of disparation. I found a 91 with low miles a year ago and I still discovered I still love the TLCs. Although with a few things wrong, I love the roomy cabin compared to a Jeep Cherokee I owned a couple years ago. Equiped with a few rattles and exhaust smells, it performs acceptionally. I have put 3000 miles on it and added a JVC head unit and replaced all the factory one-way speakers with 3 and 4 way speakers."

best suv i have owned

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"this is the best and safest suv i have own i could pull trucks around with it that are way bigger and i cant get it suck in mud. mine just got wrecked and it did triple the price in damage to the other truck its built like a tank."

The best 4X4 I've ever owned!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Tough, reliable, good looking, fun"

Cons: "gas mileage in the 11-14 mpg range"

"We'd looked and looked for a good Land Cruiser for some time, but the dealer mark-up and private party sales prices in our area (Southern California) for good Land Cruisers were ridiculously high. We found this truck at a parking lot company that was selling it after it was abandoned five years prior, and they needed to clear it out. We looked at it and knew that was the one for us. It hadn't been started for 5 years, it had a dry radiator, a dead battery, and it wouldn't run, but a few minutes work and a trip to an auto parts store later, it fired right up and we were on the freeway headed home (running on the 5 year old gas in the tank). It has been absolutely reliable both on the road and off; we don't baby the truck off road - it will go anywhere, any time. It easily out performs all the other 4X4's we've owned, especially off road, and is a far better all around value and much tougher as well. I highly recommend an FZJ80 Land Cruiser to any one in the market for a fantastic, reliable, and tough (real)4X4 SUV, and one that you can feel absolutely safe putting your family aboard. Need a zombie apocalypse vehicle? The get yourself a Land Cruiser!"

Best Investment in a vehicle EVER

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "reliability, utility, style, reliability...."

Cons: "Hard to find, Dealers markup the price pretty high"

"Well I've never been into anything but sports cars but having this to move, camp, haul, commute and live in has been AMAZING. There is no other vehicle that can do so much. There also not many vehicles you can buy in this price range that will 1. Not need lots of maintenance and be expensive to own and 2. sell for roughly what you bought it for 50k miles down the road!"