2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $46,250 - $47,831.

10/8.3

9.3

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.9/10

Best vehicle for us

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great transmission, comfortable seats, roomy"

Cons: "manual passenger seat"

"We especially like the new 6 speed transmission. It allows use of cruise control, even on hills without revving up the engine as much as earlier models. The seats are more comfortable than earlier models. Gas mileage is similar to earlier models, ie 22-25 MPG on the interstate. It also provides the solid quiet ride we expect from a Highlander. We miss the power passenger seat on our XLE model. We liked the LE model but needed 8 passenger capacity not available on the LE model. We replaced a 2008 Highlander with over 200,000 miles for this vehicle. We had no problems with it and expect the same quality and reliability with our new one. I'm sold on the new one."

ONE LUXURY SUV

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "new upgrades, performance, better value, ride,"

Cons: "Honda CR-V will lose"

"I'm a Loyal Toyota customer and #1 satisfaction owner who drove (2 Toyota's and went for another one decided looking at new crossover. LUV my new Highlander has better features than 4Runner was considering buying again since had a 2003 brand new without having any mechanical problems and excellent gas mileage too. The Highlander is more quieter got a really high performance ride and has Lexus interior and new looks to it. I have a 3rd row seating its comfortable and the seats folds flat down or having more room. Navigation is better and the devices behind are a plus on earning overall best value ever. Has effortless handling I got heated seats, rearview camera, Bluetooth, xenon headlamps and lots of space for used to be a small crossover with the luxury price to it but now has changed so much on the 2014 model I have bought for the money. I think it looks better from other Toyota SUVs as Venza, RAV4 and 4 Runner its bit luxury and has a greater ride than ever. Have good quality storage spaces whenever needed for more and probably got a greater towing capacity too as is haven't tried yet on hooking a trailer or boat yet. There isn't no shortcomings can think on Highlander a great SUV worth a better price on upgrade style and better interior features."

Great choice for our Family

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable reliable with adequate adds"

Cons: "Wind Noise ,Plastic parts, monitor glare"

Nice Ride

"We owned this vehicle since Jan 2014, it has all what we need, with few things that we believe needs revision and improvement. I will start with the Pros: High comfortable ride, well engagement with the road, great addition of navi and big informative touch screen in addition to the Blind spot monitoring system, it is enough to haul my family and most of the kids toys specially for long trips, basically we drive it with confidence. cons: The Navigation screen has glare during midday driving her in California and I have to provide cover from the sunlight to see the information displayed on the screen, plastic parts inside are not stable and easily detachable with minimum contact specially rail covers in the back seat, there is wind noise and air felt with speed >50 mph, the mirrors are huge and kind of blocking the visibility when turning specially to the left. Finally for the MSRP that Toyota demands I believe the quality should be superior to what has been provided."

Nice Ride

Drives like a dream

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great price for the value, quite & comfortable"

"SO I test drove almost all the SUV's in the market before deciding on the Toyota Highlander Platinum edition 4WD. It is hands down among the best driving SUVs out there. It is quite and very comfortable to drive it. The Toyota Entune Infotainment system is responsive and up to date. You will love the extra shelf on the front console for your keys and your phone. A huge side storage between the driver and the front passenger seats. I have not yet used the third row seats so I can not give a feedback on those. Overall, no regrets whatsoever."

Has everything I need, and nothing I don't

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Nice leather; functional, intuitive media, VALUE!"

Cons: "no anchor for rear-facing child seat in 2nd row"

"I was really having a tough time sorting through the countless crossovers out there. I was vacillating between the Ford Explorer, the Nissan Pathfinder and the Infinity QX60. Once the 2014 edition Highlander came on the market, we went for a test-drive and we were sold. It has many improvements over the 2013 model. My favorite is the XLE edition, which allows one to have leather seating without having to add all the extra superfluousness of the "limited platinum." You will get amazing value on the XLE. The suspension is really smooth over speed bumps and while doing 80 on the freeway. They did a great job on soundproofing - you'll need to look at the speedometer to realize how fast you're going. The turn radius is pretty tight, especially for such a large car. Braking is outstanding - it is evenly distributed and the distance is short. The low-end torque is decent, once you realize how heavy the car is and that it gets fairly good MPGs, even around town. If you have two young ones, or are about to, I would highly recommend the highlander. They will appreciate the standard second row sun shades and the tri-zone climate control. You even have a "speak-easy" function where you can talk to them through their speakers without having to turn around."