2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,976 - $31,007.

10/8.3

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Not designed to accomodate sports equipment

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

I want this car

Cons: "Will not accomodate after market rack attachments"

"The roof rails are flush with the roof so it is not possible to attach after market rack attachments, for example. Yakima and Thule. The Highlander rack rails will not accommodate other attachments. Thus the Highlander roof rack configuration design makes it impossible to safely and securely carry skis, bicycles, kayaks, etc on the roof. So what good is the Highlander roof rack? The distance between the roof rack is fixed and narrow. The design was to make the racks look good but not functional for the customer. Poor design."

Best car ever

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing that really matters."

"Had a '12 dodge Ram P/U but the gas was killing me. This vehicle does EVERYTHING the truck did but haul a refrigerator. Roomy, rides like a limo, quick for an SUV and get this----- 25 mpg on a trip with a 270 HP V6 (all wheel drive). Quality is untouchable! I looked at Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mazda CX-9, Dodge Durango and Nissan Pathfinder. No contest.The Highlander has MORE 2nd row seat room than any of them. very happy with this vehicle! One thing i wished it had------Dual exhaust. Small price to pay for contentment."

The best SUV ever!

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"I have owned 4 SUV's, including two Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer editions. I decided I wanted something with better mileage and after driving seven different brands, I opted for the 2014 Toyota Highlander. I choose a Limited version w/ an MSRP of $43,903 and got an excellent deal by working two dealers until I got the price I wanted. The vehicle is one month old tomorrow and it is simply fantastic. Love all of the features, the steering and ride is nothing short of perfect. I'm tall and on the heavy side, but I fit in the Highlander as easily as I do my Expedition. Gas mileage is outstanding and my family loves it too. If you're in the market for a new SUV, drive the Highlander....you won't be disappointed!!!"

Toyota Got it Right

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "ride, comfort, steering feel, utility"

"I've owned the AWD Limited Platinum for over 6 months and couldn't be much happier with it. I test drove and researched many competitors, but it came down to this and the Acura MDX (AWD base). They were both around the same price, but of course you get all the bells and whistles with the Toyota, and I am so glad I did. Also, I actually preferred the ride and steering over the Acura. The steering feel is excellent...nice and tight. At the same time the ride is extremely smooth so you really get the best of both worlds. So even with the base V6 you will still enjoy the great ride. The bucket seats in the rear, suit our 4-member family perfectly. The amount of space back there, makes it a great place to be. The panoramic sunroof and heated steering wheel are as nice as expected. However, I was surprised by how much I use and appreciate the blind spot monitoring and the adaptive cruise control. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Great family SUV and fun to drive !

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Very roomy interior and strong looking exterior."

Cons: "The best upgrades are only for the Limited package"

"The 2014 Toyota Highlander is a fun SUV to drive. I did my homework before purchasing and boy did it pay off ! My whole family loves driving it. The new interior is really roomy and awesome. Can't wait to go on the weekend to the beach ! Anyone who is really in the market for a new SUV should seriously look into this ALL new Highlander. It won't disappoint ...: )"