2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,246 - $31,243.

10/8.3

9.4

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10

Best Vehicle ever!

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

"Perfection. Big camera for rear view; lane assistance alert; beeps all over for safety alerts; comfort seats; appearance is terrific; customer service at dealership is outstanding; smooth drive, even smooth over street speed bumps/humps; all kinds of hi-tech features on touch screen; very easy to learn tech features; smart looking running boards; roomy; I own a 2015 limited; just sold a Sienna for this Highlander; both awesome vehicles; fun to drive and easy to maneuver; perfection."

Toyota Got it Right

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "ride, comfort, steering feel, utility"

"I've owned the AWD Limited Platinum for over 6 months and couldn't be much happier with it. I test drove and researched many competitors, but it came down to this and the Acura MDX (AWD base). They were both around the same price, but of course you get all the bells and whistles with the Toyota, and I am so glad I did. Also, I actually preferred the ride and steering over the Acura. The steering feel is excellent...nice and tight. At the same time the ride is extremely smooth so you really get the best of both worlds. So even with the base V6 you will still enjoy the great ride. The bucket seats in the rear, suit our 4-member family perfectly. The amount of space back there, makes it a great place to be. The panoramic sunroof and heated steering wheel are as nice as expected. However, I was surprised by how much I use and appreciate the blind spot monitoring and the adaptive cruise control. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Best car ever

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing that really matters."

"Had a '12 dodge Ram P/U but the gas was killing me. This vehicle does EVERYTHING the truck did but haul a refrigerator. Roomy, rides like a limo, quick for an SUV and get this----- 25 mpg on a trip with a 270 HP V6 (all wheel drive). Quality is untouchable! I looked at Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mazda CX-9, Dodge Durango and Nissan Pathfinder. No contest.The Highlander has MORE 2nd row seat room than any of them. very happy with this vehicle! One thing i wished it had------Dual exhaust. Small price to pay for contentment."

Nasty navigation inside a great car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "well build, awesome quality"

Cons: "Navigation is terrible"

"Overall really nice car. Huge improvement over prior builds. After evaluating other options, it seems like the best car out there in it's class. It is a bit heavy and sometimes feel a bit of a challenge to gain speed quickly. Navigation is horrific: 1. very slow: when you type an address, the system responds slower with resulting incorrect selection of towns and streets. requires going back or re-entry. 2. no visible traffic patterns. it kind of calculates by itself, but the data is not accurate so it is quite useless. overall navigation lags years behind google maps so you end up using your phone anyway for a much better and timely advise. they must start integrating with apple and google operating systems. don't spend extra money on this navigation."

a bit pricy but comfortablle

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive with good comfort and space"

Cons: "Nav system hard to use, outboard mirrors too high"

"Have had this SUV since March 2014 and it goes well but it's hard to get the advertised mpg. We also have a 2012 Subaru Outback and find the Highlander much more comfortable for long trips. I like the layout and space though it would have been nice to have the bench seat option in the limited trim. The second row seats aren't any more comfortable than most bench seats but limit useable space. I find my navigation system on my phone easier to use than the Toyota's."