2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,454 - $28,397.

10/8.3

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Understand the optios before you buy

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Pros: "re-sale, size"

Cons: "difficult to get in and out, (both 75)"

"We are seniors and have trouble entrance and exit, bought the XLE and thought because it added several thousand dollars that it had every thing we wanted and were used to. The xle has nav, electric rear door, and moon roof. We found out too late that it did not include memory seats for the driver or electric seats for the passenger not a heated steering wheel. we are now finding visibility issues (blind spots) also. A fine SUV that does not suit our needs, and we find we don't use it for that reason...1350 miles in 3 months."

Highlander 2wd Limited Platinum - luxury

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Safety features, Comfort, Family value,"

Cons: "short stock, LED headlight, entertainment sys"

"I drove away my first Toyota, I was swinging between Toyota and couple of other brands including Nissan Pathfinder, SantaFe, Pilot and certified Infinity JX35/QX60. I am so happy I bought what I bought. Its awesome vehicle. I bought top of the line and trust me you should buy this if you are not afraid of spending a bit more and do not really care about seating 8. It rides like a warm knife through a melting butter cube. It rides way better than the previous generation. The interior is good, captains chairs in second row are super comfy. Dashboard and first row cabin is sheer luxury. You will notice Toyota is not looking to cut corners there. I totally felt its designed to attract young family where Male drivers are willing to drive a real Cross Over and not a van and Toyota hit a home run with this. It looks manly from outside. The safety features are good enough to make you feel not out of date in following years. Blind spot, lane departure, front collision system, rear sonar, parking assist newly added air bags are good to keep my kids safe inside the car. Surprisingly the ride is peppy, I was suspecting it to be dull but its quite fun. You will feel little bit of body roll if you cut the corners tightly. But lets be honest, if you are buying this vehicle you are looking for little bit of style, a lot of comfort, a lot of safety features and stable ride. It does drive well as long as you are not expecting it to ride like a read SUV like FJ or 4Runner. I highly recommend buying this if you are looking for a good, safe and sensible family ride. BTW, it does fit a stroller even when you are using third row. I tried it, it was my buying criteria, it just fits a stroller."

#1 value in luxury 3 row AWD.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"We were ready to put a deposit on a loaded 2014 MDX (what seemed to be the best combination of practicality, luxury and reliabilty), when we looked at a 2014 Highlander Limited AWD. After an extended test drive and and thorough comparison, we were 100% sold on the Highlander. Although the MDX offers a slight edge in acceleration and fuel efficiency, the Highlander Limited was equivalent or superior in all other aspects. And $14K cheaper. Areas where the Highlander really stood out: ** Spaciousness ** The MDX is sports sedan cozy - like a 3 series BMW (OK for 4 people, but borderline claustrophobic for 5 or more). The Highlander has more headroom, shoulder room and more cabin volume (closer to Mercedes GL or Toyota Sequoia) - and is comfortable for up to 6. ** Usable 3rd Row ** With the adjustable 2nd row captain's chairs, the 3rd Row is easily accessible for kids - and reasonable agile adults. This is a HUGE advantage of the Highlander in comparison to all but the biggest 3 row vehicles. Ventilation controls, lighting, armrests and cup holders make the 3rd row 100% practical if not actually comfortable. ** Family Friendly Luxury ** Tough, durable materials below the seat level and carefully crafted leather, blue ambient lighting and electronic displays above. And all the details and gadgetry (heated/cooled seats, traffic warming systems, push start, backup camera, nav, etc.) will make you wonder: is this really a Toyota? ** Practical Performance ** Accelerates crisply and with authority. Excellent in freeway merges and lane changes. Easy to track a straight, solid line in freeway traffic. Solid, responsive and reasonably flat handling (for a 2+ ton vehicle) in twisty 2 lane roads. While none of the vehicles in this class offer breakthrough design, I like the athletic / modern look of the Highlander as much or more than the MDX, Infinity, Audi or Lexus."

Best vehicle purchase

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Luxury ride feel, power, interior quality."

Cons: "I can't think of any cons, it's a great vehicle"

First 600 miles completed, Blizzard Pearl, V6 LE Plus AWD

"Traded my 2012 CRV due lack of power, but didn't realize how much of a ride quality I was also missing. I average over 600 miles a week, so safety and security is a must. Driving has never felt so at ease and comfortable in the Highlander.I feel much more in control and confident driving in bad weather. The 6th vehicle I've purchased, and by far the best vehicle purchase to date."

First 600 miles completed, Blizzard Pearl, V6 LE Plus AWD

Best vehicle for us

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great transmission, comfortable seats, roomy"

Cons: "manual passenger seat"

"We especially like the new 6 speed transmission. It allows use of cruise control, even on hills without revving up the engine as much as earlier models. The seats are more comfortable than earlier models. Gas mileage is similar to earlier models, ie 22-25 MPG on the interstate. It also provides the solid quiet ride we expect from a Highlander. We miss the power passenger seat on our XLE model. We liked the LE model but needed 8 passenger capacity not available on the LE model. We replaced a 2008 Highlander with over 200,000 miles for this vehicle. We had no problems with it and expect the same quality and reliability with our new one. I'm sold on the new one."