• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,850 - $28,755.

10/8.3

9.5

Based on 16 Ratings for the 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.9/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great choice for our Family

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable reliable with adequate adds"

Cons: "Wind Noise ,Plastic parts, monitor glare"

Nice Ride

"We owned this vehicle since Jan 2014, it has all what we need, with few things that we believe needs revision and improvement. I will start with the Pros: High comfortable ride, well engagement with the road, great addition of navi and big informative touch screen in addition to the Blind spot monitoring system, it is enough to haul my family and most of the kids toys specially for long trips, basically we drive it with confidence. cons: The Navigation screen has glare during midday driving her in California and I have to provide cover from the sunlight to see the information displayed on the screen, plastic parts inside are not stable and easily detachable with minimum contact specially rail covers in the back seat, there is wind noise and air felt with speed >50 mph, the mirrors are huge and kind of blocking the visibility when turning specially to the left. Finally for the MSRP that Toyota demands I believe the quality should be superior to what has been provided."

Nice Ride

#1 value in luxury 3 row AWD.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"We were ready to put a deposit on a loaded 2014 MDX (what seemed to be the best combination of practicality, luxury and reliabilty), when we looked at a 2014 Highlander Limited AWD. After an extended test drive and and thorough comparison, we were 100% sold on the Highlander. Although the MDX offers a slight edge in acceleration and fuel efficiency, the Highlander Limited was equivalent or superior in all other aspects. And $14K cheaper. Areas where the Highlander really stood out: ** Spaciousness ** The MDX is sports sedan cozy - like a 3 series BMW (OK for 4 people, but borderline claustrophobic for 5 or more). The Highlander has more headroom, shoulder room and more cabin volume (closer to Mercedes GL or Toyota Sequoia) - and is comfortable for up to 6. ** Usable 3rd Row ** With the adjustable 2nd row captain's chairs, the 3rd Row is easily accessible for kids - and reasonable agile adults. This is a HUGE advantage of the Highlander in comparison to all but the biggest 3 row vehicles. Ventilation controls, lighting, armrests and cup holders make the 3rd row 100% practical if not actually comfortable. ** Family Friendly Luxury ** Tough, durable materials below the seat level and carefully crafted leather, blue ambient lighting and electronic displays above. And all the details and gadgetry (heated/cooled seats, traffic warming systems, push start, backup camera, nav, etc.) will make you wonder: is this really a Toyota? ** Practical Performance ** Accelerates crisply and with authority. Excellent in freeway merges and lane changes. Easy to track a straight, solid line in freeway traffic. Solid, responsive and reasonably flat handling (for a 2+ ton vehicle) in twisty 2 lane roads. While none of the vehicles in this class offer breakthrough design, I like the athletic / modern look of the Highlander as much or more than the MDX, Infinity, Audi or Lexus."

Huge improvement!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

"Traded in our 2012 Highlander SE for the 2014 Limited. To say the least the improvements Toyota made on then Highlander are extraordinary! Better inside and out and sooo much quieter ride and smooth handling. We got the Limited over the XLE because we wanted the heated/cooled seats and the JBL stereo system. XLE is probably the best value but we love the one we got. Check out the new silver color too, it's not like the plain silver on other Toyota models, it's called silver sky and has a light blue tint to it that nicely sets off the chrome and black trims. Highly recommend so far!"

ONE LUXURY SUV

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "new upgrades, performance, better value, ride,"

Cons: "Honda CR-V will lose"

"I'm a Loyal Toyota customer and #1 satisfaction owner who drove (2 Toyota's and went for another one decided looking at new crossover. LUV my new Highlander has better features than 4Runner was considering buying again since had a 2003 brand new without having any mechanical problems and excellent gas mileage too. The Highlander is more quieter got a really high performance ride and has Lexus interior and new looks to it. I have a 3rd row seating its comfortable and the seats folds flat down or having more room. Navigation is better and the devices behind are a plus on earning overall best value ever. Has effortless handling I got heated seats, rearview camera, Bluetooth, xenon headlamps and lots of space for used to be a small crossover with the luxury price to it but now has changed so much on the 2014 model I have bought for the money. I think it looks better from other Toyota SUVs as Venza, RAV4 and 4 Runner its bit luxury and has a greater ride than ever. Have good quality storage spaces whenever needed for more and probably got a greater towing capacity too as is haven't tried yet on hooking a trailer or boat yet. There isn't no shortcomings can think on Highlander a great SUV worth a better price on upgrade style and better interior features."

Great car!

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "It feels more powerful than stats suggest."

Cons: "Bench second row seat not available in upper trims"

"Easy car to drive in all weather conditions. I am not able to achieve the promised mpg but it is still acceptable."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next