2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,557 - $28,464.

10/8.3

9.4

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10
    9.7/10

Great choice for an "All-Around" SUV!

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Nice ride & handling, stylish, safe, technology"

Cons: "Price and MPG"

"I previously owned a 91 Camry, 03 Highlander, 06 4-Runner and 07 Camry. This time I was leaning towards a 4-Runner, but after taking another look at the new Highlander I decided to purchase. I went with the Limited edition (with Driver Tech package /AWD / Blue-Ray player/ Towing package). I also decided on the White Blizzard Pearl color; which I think is the best looking of them all, second choice would have been silver. I also looked at the Platinum Limited (PL) version however couldn’t find it in White, in this area. The only main difference between my Limited (with my added options) and the PL is the PL has the heated rear seats & steering wheel and the full panoramic moon roof; I really didn’t need either of those options. I wouldn’t get the Limited without the Driver-Technology package; it’s a little expensive but I think it’s got some nice features (mainly safety). The Towing package comes with a heavy duty radiator with oil / trans cooler (nice for general towing or even if you live in an area with a hot climate). Also, the Limited has the JBL radio, the heated & vented front seats and various other standard options, i.e. led running lights, puddle lights, blue interior lighting accents, and various other things (research). It took me a few days to figure out all the bells & whistles. Now that I’m accustomed to this vehicle I’m pretty happy with my purchase. If you want an “all-around” SUV, especially if you have kids, or you will be using it in snow country (considering the AWD option) then this may be the SUV for you. If you do live in snow country you may want to consider the PL model, hence the heated rear seats/steering wheel options; however you won’t get the Blue-Ray for the kids. If you will be doing more off-roading or live off- the-grid then you may want to look at the 4-Runner. At the end of the day I think this was the best choice for us. Did I mention this thing is loaded? When the trial Sirius Radio and the Toyota Safety Connect runs out I will be renewing, I’m spoiled now."

Best Vehicle ever!

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

"Perfection. Big camera for rear view; lane assistance alert; beeps all over for safety alerts; comfort seats; appearance is terrific; customer service at dealership is outstanding; smooth drive, even smooth over street speed bumps/humps; all kinds of hi-tech features on touch screen; very easy to learn tech features; smart looking running boards; roomy; I own a 2015 limited; just sold a Sienna for this Highlander; both awesome vehicles; fun to drive and easy to maneuver; perfection."

Toyota Got it Right

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "ride, comfort, steering feel, utility"

"I've owned the AWD Limited Platinum for over 6 months and couldn't be much happier with it. I test drove and researched many competitors, but it came down to this and the Acura MDX (AWD base). They were both around the same price, but of course you get all the bells and whistles with the Toyota, and I am so glad I did. Also, I actually preferred the ride and steering over the Acura. The steering feel is excellent...nice and tight. At the same time the ride is extremely smooth so you really get the best of both worlds. So even with the base V6 you will still enjoy the great ride. The bucket seats in the rear, suit our 4-member family perfectly. The amount of space back there, makes it a great place to be. The panoramic sunroof and heated steering wheel are as nice as expected. However, I was surprised by how much I use and appreciate the blind spot monitoring and the adaptive cruise control. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Best car ever

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing that really matters."

"Had a '12 dodge Ram P/U but the gas was killing me. This vehicle does EVERYTHING the truck did but haul a refrigerator. Roomy, rides like a limo, quick for an SUV and get this----- 25 mpg on a trip with a 270 HP V6 (all wheel drive). Quality is untouchable! I looked at Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mazda CX-9, Dodge Durango and Nissan Pathfinder. No contest.The Highlander has MORE 2nd row seat room than any of them. very happy with this vehicle! One thing i wished it had------Dual exhaust. Small price to pay for contentment."

Nasty navigation inside a great car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "well build, awesome quality"

Cons: "Navigation is terrible"

"Overall really nice car. Huge improvement over prior builds. After evaluating other options, it seems like the best car out there in it's class. It is a bit heavy and sometimes feel a bit of a challenge to gain speed quickly. Navigation is horrific: 1. very slow: when you type an address, the system responds slower with resulting incorrect selection of towns and streets. requires going back or re-entry. 2. no visible traffic patterns. it kind of calculates by itself, but the data is not accurate so it is quite useless. overall navigation lags years behind google maps so you end up using your phone anyway for a much better and timely advise. they must start integrating with apple and google operating systems. don't spend extra money on this navigation."