2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,991 - $28,896.

10/8.3

9.5

Based on 16 Ratings for the 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.9/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Best vehicle purchase

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Luxury ride feel, power, interior quality."

Cons: "I can't think of any cons, it's a great vehicle"

First 600 miles completed, Blizzard Pearl, V6 LE Plus AWD

"Traded my 2012 CRV due lack of power, but didn't realize how much of a ride quality I was also missing. I average over 600 miles a week, so safety and security is a must. Driving has never felt so at ease and comfortable in the Highlander.I feel much more in control and confident driving in bad weather. The 6th vehicle I've purchased, and by far the best vehicle purchase to date."

First 600 miles completed, Blizzard Pearl, V6 LE Plus AWD

2014 Highlander Limited AWD with Platinum Package

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "All the tech, smooth / quiet ride, fun, comfort"

"Wow... Just picked up my 2014 Highlander this week, and it is awesome! Much different from my 2008 Highlander, eventhough it was great too. I will start by saying this is about the most quiet SUV I have ever been in. Smooth as silk ride. I have most everything that comes with it except the DVD. The leather seats are extremely comfortable , and the driver seat has plenty of seat adjustments. The safety features are fantastic: Lane departure, blind spot, parking assist, auto cruise control, back-up camera with wide screen. The bridgestone tires that mine came with are very quiet, and they look great! The JBL system is sweet, and all the apps are fun to try as well. Easy to use controls are great ! The new 6 speed trans. is very smooth...you hardly feel the trans. shift at all.There is plenty of leg room both front and back, as well as head room. The panoramic sunroof is awesome and lets in alot of light. It is very fun to drive. I test drove a Lexus RX350, and there is no comparison. highlander is more quiet and smooth, and offers a lush interior and plenty of options. Try one out...you will love it !"

Has everything I need, and nothing I don't

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Nice leather; functional, intuitive media, VALUE!"

Cons: "no anchor for rear-facing child seat in 2nd row"

"I was really having a tough time sorting through the countless crossovers out there. I was vacillating between the Ford Explorer, the Nissan Pathfinder and the Infinity QX60. Once the 2014 edition Highlander came on the market, we went for a test-drive and we were sold. It has many improvements over the 2013 model. My favorite is the XLE edition, which allows one to have leather seating without having to add all the extra superfluousness of the "limited platinum." You will get amazing value on the XLE. The suspension is really smooth over speed bumps and while doing 80 on the freeway. They did a great job on soundproofing - you'll need to look at the speedometer to realize how fast you're going. The turn radius is pretty tight, especially for such a large car. Braking is outstanding - it is evenly distributed and the distance is short. The low-end torque is decent, once you realize how heavy the car is and that it gets fairly good MPGs, even around town. If you have two young ones, or are about to, I would highly recommend the highlander. They will appreciate the standard second row sun shades and the tri-zone climate control. You even have a "speak-easy" function where you can talk to them through their speakers without having to turn around."

Not designed to accomodate sports equipment

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

I want this car

Cons: "Will not accomodate after market rack attachments"

"The roof rails are flush with the roof so it is not possible to attach after market rack attachments, for example. Yakima and Thule. The Highlander rack rails will not accommodate other attachments. Thus the Highlander roof rack configuration design makes it impossible to safely and securely carry skis, bicycles, kayaks, etc on the roof. So what good is the Highlander roof rack? The distance between the roof rack is fixed and narrow. The design was to make the racks look good but not functional for the customer. Poor design."

Best vehicle for us

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great transmission, comfortable seats, roomy"

Cons: "manual passenger seat"

"We especially like the new 6 speed transmission. It allows use of cruise control, even on hills without revving up the engine as much as earlier models. The seats are more comfortable than earlier models. Gas mileage is similar to earlier models, ie 22-25 MPG on the interstate. It also provides the solid quiet ride we expect from a Highlander. We miss the power passenger seat on our XLE model. We liked the LE model but needed 8 passenger capacity not available on the LE model. We replaced a 2008 Highlander with over 200,000 miles for this vehicle. We had no problems with it and expect the same quality and reliability with our new one. I'm sold on the new one."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next