2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,199 - $29,104.

10/8.3

9.5

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2014 models.

9.9/10

Impressive so far.

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Very well equipped. Nice looking."

Cons: "No lumbar support for passenger seat"

"While 650 miles is a little soon to fully evaluate a vehicle, I am impressed! I have driven three other SUV/crossovers more than 100k miles each, this Highlander, which is my first Toyota, seems easier to drive than any of them. The interior is well designed and comfortable. I think it is one of the better looking SUV's of any size."

Drives like a dream

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great price for the value, quite & comfortable"

"SO I test drove almost all the SUV's in the market before deciding on the Toyota Highlander Platinum edition 4WD. It is hands down among the best driving SUVs out there. It is quite and very comfortable to drive it. The Toyota Entune Infotainment system is responsive and up to date. You will love the extra shelf on the front console for your keys and your phone. A huge side storage between the driver and the front passenger seats. I have not yet used the third row seats so I can not give a feedback on those. Overall, no regrets whatsoever."

The best SUV ever!

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"I have owned 4 SUV's, including two Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer editions. I decided I wanted something with better mileage and after driving seven different brands, I opted for the 2014 Toyota Highlander. I choose a Limited version w/ an MSRP of $43,903 and got an excellent deal by working two dealers until I got the price I wanted. The vehicle is one month old tomorrow and it is simply fantastic. Love all of the features, the steering and ride is nothing short of perfect. I'm tall and on the heavy side, but I fit in the Highlander as easily as I do my Expedition. Gas mileage is outstanding and my family loves it too. If you're in the market for a new SUV, drive the Highlander....you won't be disappointed!!!"

Great family SUV and fun to drive !

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Very roomy interior and strong looking exterior."

Cons: "The best upgrades are only for the Limited package"

"The 2014 Toyota Highlander is a fun SUV to drive. I did my homework before purchasing and boy did it pay off ! My whole family loves driving it. The new interior is really roomy and awesome. Can't wait to go on the weekend to the beach ! Anyone who is really in the market for a new SUV should seriously look into this ALL new Highlander. It won't disappoint ...: )"

2014 Highlander XLE AWD

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Very refined and quiet interior."

Cons: "Large side mirrors and limited rail options."

"We got the XLE Silver Sky metallic and looking at the interior, which has the right amount of soft touch materials and plastic, it feels you're driving a luxury car. Quiet on the highway, very minimal body roll for it's size, seats are comfortable and steering is responsive. Fast and smooth acceleration, barely notice the gears changing. Only gripe like mentioned before on earlier reviews, the side mirrors are huge that it can obstruct vision especially when turning to your left. And the roof rails which is designed to be more aerodynamic, is not third party friendly when it comes to using your preferred rack/rail equipment."

Highlander 2wd Limited Platinum - luxury

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Safety features, Comfort, Family value,"

Cons: "short stock, LED headlight, entertainment sys"

"I drove away my first Toyota, I was swinging between Toyota and couple of other brands including Nissan Pathfinder, SantaFe, Pilot and certified Infinity JX35/QX60. I am so happy I bought what I bought. Its awesome vehicle. I bought top of the line and trust me you should buy this if you are not afraid of spending a bit more and do not really care about seating 8. It rides like a warm knife through a melting butter cube. It rides way better than the previous generation. The interior is good, captains chairs in second row are super comfy. Dashboard and first row cabin is sheer luxury. You will notice Toyota is not looking to cut corners there. I totally felt its designed to attract young family where Male drivers are willing to drive a real Cross Over and not a van and Toyota hit a home run with this. It looks manly from outside. The safety features are good enough to make you feel not out of date in following years. Blind spot, lane departure, front collision system, rear sonar, parking assist newly added air bags are good to keep my kids safe inside the car. Surprisingly the ride is peppy, I was suspecting it to be dull but its quite fun. You will feel little bit of body roll if you cut the corners tightly. But lets be honest, if you are buying this vehicle you are looking for little bit of style, a lot of comfort, a lot of safety features and stable ride. It does drive well as long as you are not expecting it to ride like a read SUV like FJ or 4Runner. I highly recommend buying this if you are looking for a good, safe and sensible family ride. BTW, it does fit a stroller even when you are using third row. I tried it, it was my buying criteria, it just fits a stroller."

Great choice for our Family

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable reliable with adequate adds"

Cons: "Wind Noise ,Plastic parts, monitor glare"

Nice Ride

"We owned this vehicle since Jan 2014, it has all what we need, with few things that we believe needs revision and improvement. I will start with the Pros: High comfortable ride, well engagement with the road, great addition of navi and big informative touch screen in addition to the Blind spot monitoring system, it is enough to haul my family and most of the kids toys specially for long trips, basically we drive it with confidence. cons: The Navigation screen has glare during midday driving her in California and I have to provide cover from the sunlight to see the information displayed on the screen, plastic parts inside are not stable and easily detachable with minimum contact specially rail covers in the back seat, there is wind noise and air felt with speed >50 mph, the mirrors are huge and kind of blocking the visibility when turning specially to the left. Finally for the MSRP that Toyota demands I believe the quality should be superior to what has been provided."

Nice Ride

#1 value in luxury 3 row AWD.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"We were ready to put a deposit on a loaded 2014 MDX (what seemed to be the best combination of practicality, luxury and reliabilty), when we looked at a 2014 Highlander Limited AWD. After an extended test drive and and thorough comparison, we were 100% sold on the Highlander. Although the MDX offers a slight edge in acceleration and fuel efficiency, the Highlander Limited was equivalent or superior in all other aspects. And $14K cheaper. Areas where the Highlander really stood out: ** Spaciousness ** The MDX is sports sedan cozy - like a 3 series BMW (OK for 4 people, but borderline claustrophobic for 5 or more). The Highlander has more headroom, shoulder room and more cabin volume (closer to Mercedes GL or Toyota Sequoia) - and is comfortable for up to 6. ** Usable 3rd Row ** With the adjustable 2nd row captain's chairs, the 3rd Row is easily accessible for kids - and reasonable agile adults. This is a HUGE advantage of the Highlander in comparison to all but the biggest 3 row vehicles. Ventilation controls, lighting, armrests and cup holders make the 3rd row 100% practical if not actually comfortable. ** Family Friendly Luxury ** Tough, durable materials below the seat level and carefully crafted leather, blue ambient lighting and electronic displays above. And all the details and gadgetry (heated/cooled seats, traffic warming systems, push start, backup camera, nav, etc.) will make you wonder: is this really a Toyota? ** Practical Performance ** Accelerates crisply and with authority. Excellent in freeway merges and lane changes. Easy to track a straight, solid line in freeway traffic. Solid, responsive and reasonably flat handling (for a 2+ ton vehicle) in twisty 2 lane roads. While none of the vehicles in this class offer breakthrough design, I like the athletic / modern look of the Highlander as much or more than the MDX, Infinity, Audi or Lexus."

Huge improvement!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

"Traded in our 2012 Highlander SE for the 2014 Limited. To say the least the improvements Toyota made on then Highlander are extraordinary! Better inside and out and sooo much quieter ride and smooth handling. We got the Limited over the XLE because we wanted the heated/cooled seats and the JBL stereo system. XLE is probably the best value but we love the one we got. Check out the new silver color too, it's not like the plain silver on other Toyota models, it's called silver sky and has a light blue tint to it that nicely sets off the chrome and black trims. Highly recommend so far!"

ONE LUXURY SUV

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "new upgrades, performance, better value, ride,"

Cons: "Honda CR-V will lose"

"I'm a Loyal Toyota customer and #1 satisfaction owner who drove (2 Toyota's and went for another one decided looking at new crossover. LUV my new Highlander has better features than 4Runner was considering buying again since had a 2003 brand new without having any mechanical problems and excellent gas mileage too. The Highlander is more quieter got a really high performance ride and has Lexus interior and new looks to it. I have a 3rd row seating its comfortable and the seats folds flat down or having more room. Navigation is better and the devices behind are a plus on earning overall best value ever. Has effortless handling I got heated seats, rearview camera, Bluetooth, xenon headlamps and lots of space for used to be a small crossover with the luxury price to it but now has changed so much on the 2014 model I have bought for the money. I think it looks better from other Toyota SUVs as Venza, RAV4 and 4 Runner its bit luxury and has a greater ride than ever. Have good quality storage spaces whenever needed for more and probably got a greater towing capacity too as is haven't tried yet on hooking a trailer or boat yet. There isn't no shortcomings can think on Highlander a great SUV worth a better price on upgrade style and better interior features."