2012 Toyota Highlander

Based on 368 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Best vehicle for the buck

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Faster than I thought,Good mileage and great cargo.Have everything I need"

"Have this car for 3 years already and don't have any complaints as far as how it drives and material quality.It's a must have car for a family...awesome machine to drive!"

Dependable but dumb wheels

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"I have an 08 Sport awd. I drive about 40k per year so it already has 123k on it. Other than fluid changes and new tires (I will get to the wheels) The only thing I have done is get new break pads at 85,000 miles! They said I could have gone another 10k on the pads. The thing is still solid as a rock with no squeeks or rattles. The only problem is the dumb 19 in wheels you get with the Sport package. There are only 2 tires that will fit them. Bridgestone highway tires and Blizzaks. Both cost about a grand a set. No other Mfrs make a tire for these wheels! I call that dumb."

EXCELLENT MULTIPURPOSE VEHICLE

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"I have owned Chevy Tahoes, Trailblazers, and a Toyota Sequioa in the past. This vehicle provides good cargo carrying capacity, as well as towing capability. I wouldn't recommend towing a heavy trailer or a large boat but it is very effective with small to medium load trailers. Excellent comfort with plenty of head and leg room in front and second rows. Smooth, quiet motor with excellent transmission provides for nice handling characteristics. Only complaints would be disappointing gas mileage and exceedingly poor tire performance in snow and tread wear. I replaced badly-worn Toyo tires at 22,000 miles. I now have Michelin Latitude Tour HPs. Drove in 6inch snow yesterday, tires were awesome."

Great Car- Looked at them all

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Lots of car and dependability for the money."

Cons: "Would love to have seen the new 2014 design."

"We looked for over 8 months at each and every SUV and rented a 2012 for a 20 hour (round trip) visit to family. Even driving in an incredible rainstorm, the Highlander performed expertly. I was impressed with its sure-footed traction in torrential rain when others had stopped. I had narrowed the choice to the Explorer and the Highlander. We finally decided on the Highlander. While I'm not so fond of the stodgy design (the Explorer has a nicer design stance), the space, ease of use and features made this a final choice. My wife will use this as her business vehicle as well as our travel car. The third row seat is nice for the grand kids, who think it is cool to be in the back. The stereo is great, the nav system and Bluetooth work great and are easy to set-up. Gas mileage thus far is above the average for both city and highway. The Blizzard Pearl paint is beautiful and our Toyota dealer's service impeccable. I recommend the Limited version for all the options it contains."

I was surprised!

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "It' got it all!"

"We had been driving Lexus SUV's until we needed a vehicle that could carry our 4 grandkids, all too young to sit in the front seat. Lexus wanted over $80,000 for their 8 passenger GX. While dealing with them, we stumbled across the 8 passenger Highlander Limited. This car had almost everything on board as the higher priced competition at nearly half the price. Sure, I miss the automatic wipers and memory seats, but that's about it. Would we do it again? You betcha!"