2012 Toyota Highlander

Based on 343 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Awesome car with a great ride

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, not bad on gas, great in snow"

Cons: "cheaper dashboard feel (rattle in dash)"

"2008 sport with Navigation. Great car. Only a few issues with the car. Replaced original tires at 27,000. Found out that this was typical due to how easy it is to knock this car out of tow. Once I new that with the new tires (Good Year Assurance) they have been great and looks like I will get 50k+ out of the second set. Rear brakes locked up at 48k miles. Replaced brakes and rotors all the way around. I have a rattle in the dash board only in cold weather. it is annoying but somehow goes away when it is over 45 degrees. The interior is holding up great (leather) and love all the extra toys in the car. Its a fun car to own and drive and will be getting another one."

good car, regularly serviced, reliable

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "very good and reliable car"

Cons: "high mileage"

"I purchased this car new. It has been serviced on schedule It is in very good condition. Excellent tires. Does not use oil. Clean."

Reliable, fuel efficient and stylish for an SUV

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, lots of power and roomy inside."

Cons: "expensive to fix nob on radio and tires too"

"I like everything about my Highlander. It is by far the most comfortable SUV I have ever owned. Handles extremely well in bad weather. has all the bells and whistles. Very stylish and fun to drive. lots of room and the optional third row seat comes in handy often."

Was the best SUV I ever had!

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "I love the color...Waveline blue"

Cons: "There were none that I could find after 7 years."

"Am trading this 2008 FWD 6 cyl for the new 2015 AWD. I like the new style and like to have the latest and the greatest. Just hope the new one is as good as this one has been. Still has the original battery in it. Never had an ounce of trouble and it was a soft and cushy ride as far as I am concerned. I know the new owner will love it!"

Reliable, quiet. Few luxuries,

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"A very quiet motor, comfortable, great for hauling things. The steering column is a pain because it does not tilt automatically. The wipers and cruise controls are in a location behind the steering wheel. It is sometimes difficult to see which setting you want. The rear wiper is not wide enough. The carpet is very thin and cheap. Unless they have made these changes, I would not buy this model again."

No problems, no complaints. Would buy again.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Cons: "Model I have does not have outdoor temp display"

"This has been a solid, reliable vehicle. Over the past 20 years, I have gone through several vehicles. My Highlander is the one vehicle that I've had longer than any other. It serves all my needs and is a dream to drive a 16 hour round trip in, which we do a few times a year to visit relatives/vacation. Its comfortable, quiet and performs exceptionally well."

great car, good mileage, looks good

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "drives great, looks great, good mileage"

Cons: "?"

"It's a really good car. If I didn't want to get my wife a new one this month I'd keep it."

My second Highlander. Best car for me.

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, pleasure to drive, great sound system."

Cons: "Nothing that 400hp wouldnt cure."

"I traded in my 2008 se after 89,000 mi on a 2013 Limited. It was used one owner with 958 mi.(to me that's new) Got it for 21K and trade. I feel we got a good deal. I love the second Gen. Highlander. Not so fond of the 2014&15 they made some changes that I just don't like. This 13 is so nice, with all the extras. AWD is a must for us, with mountain snow and all. It rides smooth and quite, steering is same as my 08, so no surprise that you have to pay attention. I'm still getting used to all the gizmos, Bluetooth, Nav system, Love the JBL speakers a big improvement over the 08 we had. My wife likes the power lift hatch. I love the remote start, I can get it cooling down without even going outside. The reliability was the real reason we bought another. I had zero problems with my 08 and was just about to get the brakes done when we found this new one. Just Syn. oil, tiers and wipers. We're close to retirement so having the higher end model will be nice. I don't plan to buy another car ever and I think this will be good for about 300Kmi with proper care. I've never used the third row seats on either car but it's nice to know I can. Some day we may take the grand kids on a trip. The running boards do help my Mom get in and out. She's 89 now with bad knees, she likes the leather Captain seats in the second row. I would recommend a Highlander to anyone looking at an SUV, and if it's in your budget, get the higher end Highlander it's worth the extra cash. It's not for serious off road but it can handle most gentle trails with ease. Towing is good at 5000lb rating. Power is a modest but good 270hp. It will step lively when you need it and MPG is good. Resale value I think is good, we made a good trade on my 08. The moon roof and roof rack is nice for those things that don't quite fit in the back. I honestly cant find anything to complain about in this new model. It's every bit as good as the 08 but the upgrade to a Limited is so much nicer and pleasant to drive."

Good Vehicle - Excellent in Snow and heavy rain

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "holds it value"

"Keeps going."

Great family vehicle....

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Dependable safe and good looking..."

Cons: "Seems like its floating on turns....but its not."

"I love this car but it floats on turns and although very stable it sometimes doesn't feel that way...A great safe vehicle...I would definitely purchase another...but I don't think this one will wear out!"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Smooth Ride, Great Family Vehicle"

Cons: "Gas Mileage is about 20mpg"

"Wonderful vehicle! Great price! Holds its value. This is the second Highlander I've leased. The lease price has been really affordable. I love the smooth ride and the space. It's a great vehicle for moving kids around, hauling dirt and plants for the garden, and carting a wet dog home from the lake. It handles really nicely for an SUV and the third row seating is great for kids. My only wish is that the gas mileage was better. I average 19 mpg going to and from work. On long trips I get 24 to 25 mpg on the highway."

Excellent, comfortable, reliable, great gas mileag

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "4wd, gas mileage, comfort, reliability"

"This is my first Highlander. I have owned several Camrys and found them all to be excellent and reliable vehicles. The Highlander is as comfortable and reliable as all of the Toyotas I have owned. The third row seat comes in very handy. The 4 wheel drive is very useful in the mountainous terrain and bad winter driving conditions of Western PA. The gas mileage is better than advertised. My Highlander averages 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. With its great gas mileage, spaciousness, and comfort it is a great vehicle to take on vacation."

excellent.

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

"excellent"

Best car/truck I've ever had- I'd buy another

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, good stereo, comfortable seats"

Cons: "Should buy the high end model, be happy."

"After driving a high performance Camaro for 20 years, It was time for a new something. Test drove a 2008 Highlander(Aug.2008) and loved it. Now has 90Kmi and only tiers and wipers and Mobil 1 oil. Water pump was under warrantee at 75Kmi. I'll be doing the brakes for the first time next service. That's just unheard of for me. I'll get new plugs at 100K. This car still drives like it did new!! Great in deep snow in the mountains, can pull 5,000 pounds, holds a lot of stuff and 3 rows of seats for all the grand kids. Once had 6 people, all the luggage on the roof and pulling a large U-Haul trailer from Texas to Nevada in the summer. Not one issue except used more gas. Just me and the wife, we get 22mpg on the highway and about 18 in town. Living in the desert it gets very hot, but the A/C is so good in this car, I'm never uncomfortable. It goes from 130 deg to 72 in about 10 min. That's a must where we live. It's so comfortable to drive on long trips I rarely get tired. Just hit the cruse and tones and relax. Lots of storage and ample cup holders and power plugins for extra toys. Ride is smooth even on some very ruff roads. My wife and I are short and we don't have to "Clime" into the car which is what I hate about my daughters Explorer. Her Explorer rides very ruff and the steering is much harder. The electric steering of the Highlander is top's. No pump or fluid to change, and butter smooth. Very easy to maneuver. The mirrors are large and easy to see all around. I think I'll get around 300Kmi before I need another, but I'd buy a Highlander again. The next one will have all the extras, with leather and sun roof. I'll only go with the 4X4 and at least a V6. Best car I've ever had!! I'm old so I've had a lot of cars."

Still loving it!!!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and the dogs love the rear air"

Cons: "I haven't found any"

"I bought this SUV new and it is now 6 years old. Only 60,000 miles but I have had no problems whatsoever. I am now looking at the 2014 and really hate to part with this one. Whoever buys it will not be sorry."

Great car, comfortable around town & long trips

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Price, style, fuel efficiency for the size"

Cons: "Storage area small, especially when using 3rd row"

"I have been very pleased with the Highlander. It is comfortable to drive, solid and quiet. The interior styling is attractive and the fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size. I compared many other SUV's before choosing this one. The quality, style and value of the Highlander made the decision easy. The only issue I have experienced was with the driver's window motor making some noise when the car was about 2 years old. The dealership replaced it without hesitation when I took it in."

NOT ALL ITS CRACKED UP TO BE

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reason: BORING POOR MILEAGE

"I owned this car for one and a half years and used it for a traveling sales job. I put about 40,000 miles on it during that time and drove it across the country through all kinds of terrain and weather. First it is reliable and realitively maintenance free. However it was not that great in weather, especially snow. The tires are very expensive and an odd size so there are few options. However I do think there are currently more options available. Some of the interior materials were cheap, and the mileage was sub-par most of the time, especially when the weather was cold. I averaged 16.5mpg the last winter I drove it. For that mileage I would rather have a larger more powerful suv that could tow and haul and provide real 4x4 convenience and safety. Lastly its terribly boring to drive. Its a ho hum day everyday behind the wheel. I rated its value in the middle, because I think its overpriced for what you get."

super comfortable interior design!

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "comfort handling pep"

Cons: "no phone charging area for 2nd row seating area"

"Amazed at how well laid out the interior is. allowing second row captains chairs to move back also adds to passenger comfort. Have had 6 adults in this vehicle on trips and all are comfortable. Peppy 6 cylinder engine. Overall my favorite vehicle we have owned."

Still can't believe it's mine!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Super gas mileage!"

Cons: "None!"

"I have been researching and following the Highlander Hybrid since it was first introduced. It totally lives up to the high marks given by Consumer Reports. I often get over 30 mpg and it's a pleasure to drive. The sound system is impressive, love the steering wheel controls and the bluetooth works like a charm. I have the Blizzard Pearl color and it is gorgeous! By the way, I was lucky enough to find a Certified Used car in spotless condition!"

best car I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"I love this car!"

Excellent, Clean, great used SUV. Wife's car

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

"Great car - wife has new company car do not need three cars."

consistent Toyota quality

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "high quality, dependable"

Cons: "only ave gas milage"

"very pleased with auto"

Cons: "No memory seat!!!"

"It is made much better than the Ford and GM. The service I get from Toyota is great. The only thing really missing from this car is memory seats. Would love more rear storage space. If I need to ever replace this car, I would buy another one."