2011 Toyota Highlander

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Comfrtable, quick and reliable.

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"This is a great car. Not much to complain about after 90,000+ miles. The 3rd row seat is small. I never use it now because my smallest kids are now too big to fit. But if you do have small children, they should fit without a problem. It's kind of expensive vehicle, but it does many, many things well. It's smooth, comfortable, it's easy to drive, surprisingly quick with the V6, the gas mileage isn't too bad at 21 mpg average, and it's 100% problem free for me. It also tows our small jet ski trailer pretty well for weekend trips to the lake. It's a perfect family fun vehicle."

Good gas mileage and reliable

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pros: "tech package, flexible seating, good gas mileage"

Cons: "not the most exciting to drive"

"We have had our 2012 highlander for about a year and are very happy with it. We got the 4 cylinder model for mileage and for the flat Louisiana roads we drive 95% of the time. So far, the 4 cylinder has been great. We are averaging over 25 mpg in mostly highway driving and it makes only a few hp less than our 2005 Ford Freestyle. It did struggle a bit on a trip to the mountains of Arkansas,so I would probably get the 6 cylinder if I lived in a mountainous area or towed with it. We love the tech package with the bluetooth and rear view camera. Also love the flexible seating that can seat people our lay flat to carry our large dogs. So far,has been a typical reliable Toyota vehicle. Toyota Care which includes your scheduled maintenance has been a bonus. If you are in the market for a SUV, do yourself a favor and look at the highlander."

25% Better Gas Mileage on 1st Day

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I drove the vehicle 150 miles and had 25% better gas mileage on the first day of ownership. Only wish Toyota could have put in memory position for 2 separate drivers. Other than that, I am very impressed with the braking ability and acceleration. The car is very quiet and comfortable to drive."

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We traded in our 05 Nissan Altima, for this vechicle. We were looking between the Honda Pilot and The Highlander. I really like to fact that it still feels like you are driving a car, the most comfortable vehicle I have driven. Handles the rain very well, haven't been able to try in the snow yet. The third row really isn't bad either, very spacious, the hatch is easy to lift and close even being 5'4". Easy to put children in to car. I would definetly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking."

Black/Black Sport Model

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Traded 05 Black Highlander AWD Limited for 08 Black Sport FWD. The FWD gets better mpg than the AWD which really is only helpful in the smow and is a mileage waster at other times. I put about 22-25K/miles/year. I looked at both the Limited and Sport models. The Sport offers the best price/value and has most of the Limited exterior features such as foglights and 19' rims. It is tough to find a FWD Limited in Chicago; Found a couple of FWD Sport models. The JBL audio is not as good as the one in my 05 and the Sport ride is at times on the firm side. The larger size also took getting used to; however the overall comfort and reliability are great. Bodyside moldings should be standard instead of dealer accessory. Compass should also be opt. on Sport- I had to order one as a dealer installed accessory-still waiting. Without the power rear door the tailgate is really heavy; I am 6'2" and I cannot imagine my wife trying to close it by herself! The new electric rack and pinion power steering feels much different than hydraulic power steering! Cannot go wrong by buying this Toyota- decent resale and top notch reliability."