2011 Toyota Highlander

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 67 68 69 | Next

Love it!

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"My wife traded in her 07 Camry on the 08 Highlander Sport, has everything but leather and nav system. Even the knobs on the stereo and air conditioner are just big enough for easy reach while you are driving. If you don't mind spending the extra money get the sport package, it comes with a lot more than the base model for only two or three thousand more. With the sport the rear glass hatch opens with a button on the back or there is one on the wireless key pad. My wife says the backup camera only gives you a distorted view and is kind or decieving for what is next to you, and she says she is still gettig used to it though, but it is great to see if anybody is behind you or them short concrete poles that are in some parking lots. We also have the step bars which are not neccessary being it's not high enough for them, and she is only 5 foot tall, it makes it kind of difficult getting out of for her."

Pleasantly surprising

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I traded a 2003 Camry V6 for my 2008 4WD Highlander Sport after test driving a 2008 Honda Pilot twice (the Highlander ride is better), and a 2008 Ford Taurus wagon (cheap plastic interior). I also noticed that the Highlander has much better rear axle ground clearance than the Pilot, so I know it would be better on light off-road use. As I did with my V6 Camry, I find the Highlander engine runs better using premium fuel. I hasten to add that they both ran fine on regular, but I'm a spirited driver and I can sense the better performance - especially when accelerating hard and driving on steep hills (there is less down shifting when on cruise control). Driving as I do, I've been getting just under 20 MPG. If I drove more conservatively, I think I could easily get 20 or better. The third row meant nothing to me so they're folded down and I like the resulting cargo area. It's wonderful to be able to load groceries, etc., without bending. Handling is noticeably sure-footed at speed, on curves, in traffic, and in rain. My wife, who drives a 2003 RAV4, feels very comfortable and safe in the Highlander. I love the ability to instantly manually control the transmission, the rear-view backup camera, and the many other little extras. My only disappointment is the fact that Toyota put a European VW-type horn on the Highlander. My Camry had a real horn."

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We traded in our 05 Nissan Altima, for this vechicle. We were looking between the Honda Pilot and The Highlander. I really like to fact that it still feels like you are driving a car, the most comfortable vehicle I have driven. Handles the rain very well, haven't been able to try in the snow yet. The third row really isn't bad either, very spacious, the hatch is easy to lift and close even being 5'4". Easy to put children in to car. I would definetly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking."

best suv on the market

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"The ride and comfort of this vehicle is amazing. Toyotahit the nail on the head with this one"

Previous | 1 ... 67 68 69 | Next