2011 Toyota Highlander

Based on 363 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Black/Black Sport Model

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"Traded 05 Black Highlander AWD Limited for 08 Black Sport FWD. The FWD gets better mpg than the AWD which really is only helpful in the smow and is a mileage waster at other times. I put about 22-25K/miles/year. I looked at both the Limited and Sport models. The Sport offers the best price/value and has most of the Limited exterior features such as foglights and 19' rims. It is tough to find a FWD Limited in Chicago; Found a couple of FWD Sport models. The JBL audio is not as good as the one in my 05 and the Sport ride is at times on the firm side. The larger size also took getting used to; however the overall comfort and reliability are great. Bodyside moldings should be standard instead of dealer accessory. Compass should also be opt. on Sport- I had to order one as a dealer installed accessory-still waiting. Without the power rear door the tailgate is really heavy; I am 6'2" and I cannot imagine my wife trying to close it by herself! The new electric rack and pinion power steering feels much different than hydraulic power steering! Cannot go wrong by buying this Toyota- decent resale and top notch reliability."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, fast, powerful, looks, quiet, economical"

Cons: "price of the navagation package"

Camping trip with 2 adults and 4 young adults. Plenty of room for everyone!

"I am surprised daily by this vehicle. The comfort is amazing. It's a big vehicle but it drives like a sports car. Traveling for a living I'm amazed that I can be on the road for 7 hours straight and step out feeling refreshed. There isn't a thing I encounter while on the road that worries me. Blinding down pour? Snow? Horrible traffic? Surrounded by semi trucks? Big winds? It just doesn't matter. This vehicle can handle it without any extra effort. There are days when I have this SUV loaded to the max and a carrier on top to boot, and I still get 20mpg while driving 75 mph. I added a tow package to this SUV and couldn't believe how easy it was. Toyota already had all the bolt holes in place as well as the knockout plugs and connections for installing the electric package. The job wasn't just easy... it was EASY! Seriously this is the absolute best vehicle I've ever owned in 30+ years of driving. Toyota you did it right!"

Camping trip with 2 adults and 4 young adults. Plenty of room for everyone!

This is a great SUV

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, very confortable, and classy looking"

Cons: "Cargo area decreases greatly with 3rd row."

"I have the Sport version and my wife and I love this car. It has 3rd row seat wich is easy to open and it is very easy to get back there. The car rides very quietly and it is easy to maneuver. We have the back up camera and that is a must when parking since it's dificult to see what is close behind through the rearview mirror. In the summer with summer gas, I average around 24-25 MPG which is the best in it's class and you can put 87 octane which was the deal breaker when we looked at SUV's. This car is excelent in the snow, never had any issues and the 4WD (which is really AWD) works perfect. It has a lot of safety features and a snow button that controls the input when you touch the acceletator and it prevrents the car from slipping. Great when there is snow on the road. I took the car on a small off road excursion and it's not the best on real off road situations. But you will never find youself intetionally doing that on this car. This is a great car! We love it and plan on keeping it for a long time."

Dependable, solid, ease of operation and control.

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, comfortable, convenient"

Cons: "My dealer cost was excessive!"

"Highlander is the way to go. In 2008 I bought an 06, 4 cyl, made trips between LA, MN, WI, & SC. with fantastic mileage and comfort,- not one problem. Gave it to our "snow country" daughter in 2011 and she is still happy with it in 2013. We leased a new 2011 Highlander until March 2013 when I purchased my own with a V6. I like the comfort and easy control of the vehicle when I am behind the wheel. The wife loves the comfortable seats and smooth, quiet ride on long trips. We find it easy for back seat entrance and exit when hauling Grandkids or older church ladies. The space and convenience of the 2nd and 3rd row fold down seats is important to us. And we are most appreciative of the ease of the fold up and down effort. The cargo space is more than adequate. I have only 2 "downers" on the 2013. (1)The 2011 model had a rear view mirror with direction indicator (N, S, NE, etc.) in the corner, which the dealer wants $275.00 to replace in my '13. And (2) the '11 model had a 3-disc CD player. My "new" '13 has a plain mirror and a single disc player. Notable, is the 15-20 mpg normal and 25-30 on the highway. This fact alone has us "casually" observing other vehicles."

Best vehicle for the buck

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Faster than I thought,Good mileage and great cargo.Have everything I need"

"Have this car for 3 years already and don't have any complaints as far as how it drives and material quality.It's a must have car for a family...awesome machine to drive!"