2011 Toyota Highlander

Based on 357 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Best car I ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, huge trunk area"

Cons: "No Compass; doesn't store seat settings"

"Excellent ride and hauls heavy items without affecting drive quality."

Solid pluses, definite minuses

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

"The same things that attracted me initially are what I continue to like about this 2013 4WD SE: Toyota reliability and "brand," powerful and very refined V6 (this engine is quiet and QUICK, best in class,) effective cold weather package and winter handling, compliant Camry-based ride, drive characteristics are great (in fact, the critics claim that it drifts too much in hwy driving is not accurate, it does fine in that regard--just my experience.) For a "heavy" 4wd veichle, this car is nimble and impressively quick for passing and getting out of trouble. Again, very strong engine is probably the car's best asset. Also, all the options work just as advertised. HOWEVER: interior fit and finish was subpar on this car, turns out 2013 was not good for Toyota overall in this regard. Too much cheap plastic up front. and so not surprisingly, several ANNOYING rattles quickly developed in the dash area (been in for it, fixed one big one but the others elude a solution.) Also an equally annoying wind noise rattle from somewhere in the rear at hwy speeds. No excuse for this in a $36,000 car. I HATE RATTLES!! Also, the leather seats always did look kind of cheap (definitely not "plush") and have not "broken in" as comfortable enough for extended driving, and the armrests and console are thinly padded and not placed well enough for either me or my wife. New car, and my wife has to use a cushion to compensate for the lack of seat comfort! If I had to, I could live with this car given its obvious strong points, but two years into a three-year lease, I'm looking to get out of it if I can without losing my shirt."

Great looking ride

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Great acceleration,cool look,good gas"

Cons: "no hands free phone hook up"

"I've owned my Highlander for a little over 2 years now, I purchased her with 18,000 miles and she is now at 35,075. Very minor flaws and minor flaws they are. Great condition, dark window tint and aggressive/cool tire tread."

2nd highlander. Love it

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Comfy, roomy, 4 cup holders."

"Looking to trade in for newer model. Love it. 2nd highlander. Bought 1 st one new. 2nd one used and going now for 3rd used!"

Solid SUV

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Great people mover (although the third row is not great for an adult for any ride over 30 mins but is doable), powerful acceleration, good handling, pretty good in snow, super reliable and interior is made of high quality material that lasts. The vehicle is a nice split between a full size SUV and a mid-sized cross-over. Cons gas mileage stinks, Less than 15 mpg is common for around town and don't expect much over (in any) 20 on the highway. The cars Bluetooth is complicated to work and set up and the hands-free voice dialing is a joke. All in all, well worth it if your looking for a vehicle like this, Toyota reliability and resale value trump the few cons on this vehicle."