2010 Toyota Highlander

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Powerful for its size

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "Torque, reliability, sharp turning"

Cons: "Smaller space for equipment"

"I have had this SUV for over a year and love it! There is a nice Umfphh...to it when you want to get up and go, when entering the freeway or trying to get out from the path of a speeding semi. The interior is spacious. I transport music equipment on a weekly basis. Thats where I have the trouble. The car is just not wide enough like a minivan. THe third row seating is a bonus,can transport a total of 8 passengers, 6 very comfortably. Gas mileage is decent, considering its a SUV and not a sedan. My wife loves the height of the vehicle while she drives it. When this SUV falls apart, I will get the same all over again!"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Fully loaded, dependable, environmentally friendly"

Cons: "Pricey, but worth it"

"This car allows me to comfortably seat myself, my husband, and our four kids along with one other person. There is lots of room even between the second and third row seats. The back up camera is a luxury to have. I got all the bells and whistles along with the hybrid Limited edition. I love this car. Unfortunately with a divorce pending and the fact that the family will be cut back to two sets of three (we each had two kids from previous marriages, and non together), I am looking to downsize."

Comfortable and efficient

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Due to back problems I need a car with a fairly high floorboard ... greeting in, and especially out of a lower car I'd not only painful but can bring on long term problems. The opportunity to get a fuel efficient car that suits my needs is very welcome. I've had this car for a little over two years now and still feel like I have a new car. Although I am not an aggressive driver I do know the car has excellent pickup, both from stop and at highway speeds. In the winter the car is not as agile as other AWD cars, and certainly not as good as a true 4wd, but it gets me going. If you lack the ability to begin slowly you're not going to like this car in the snow, but most will find the car to be more than adequate. The optional navigation system does a good job, but is way too expensive to keep up to date. All in all I really enjoy this car and recommend it highly."

Excellent multi purpose vehicle

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "solid build, no squeaks or rattles yet, TOYOTA"

Cons: "OEM tires"

"Love this vehicle. Reliability has been excellent so far. Only complaint is the OEM tires, they aren't very good. This vehicle does everything I need done all while getting good mpg's."

Awesome SUV

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"I have had my Highlander now for 8 months, great highway milege, getting about 28mpg on highway. Ride alittle stiff with the struts but overall ok. I bought the Sport so I could get all the goodies the base model did not offer and the only thing I disliked alot about the Sport & limited is the confounded 19" brigestone H/L tires, NO good on the snow and only 2 tiremakers make them, I went out and bought 4 stock base rims off of Ebay and 4 New Michelins M/S LTX tires and now she rides like a dream and gets great traction. I have Michelins on my jeep and have 45000 miles on them and only 1/2 worn."

Great buy

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"I recently got the 2008 Highlander, and I love it. My husband is 6'3, and seats comfortably driving, in the front, or riding the backseat. The legroom in the back is amazing. We were quite surprised. We have two children, and they and their friends fit perfectly. Though, I am still not quite comfortable putting a child in the front seat, I do like the the passenger airbag is weight-activated, so I could put one of my kids up front if necessary. I also think the cargo area is perfect. It fits everything we need from our sports equipment to all of our groceries with ease. I would highly recommended this car for any type of person, any type of lifestyle."

2008 Highlander

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Traded in 07 Rav4 and love the additional room. The vehicle rides great and has plenty of power. The AWD also gives a great sense of control in the rain (no snow to test in yet). The 3rd row seat also provides enough room to make it useful for children or average size adults. The only thing overlooked in the design was the 3rd row seat. This should have been a 50/50 split like the Rav4 to provide more passenger/cargo configurations. Be sure to look at the room behind 3rd seat if you are planning on using it."

Most Bang For Your Buck

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Currently get 20.3 MPG for the size, and comfort, it't larger than the Honda Pilot and still has a car feel, and not a van feel either. Nav system view is larger than currrent lexus."

Solid pluses, definite minuses

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

"The same things that attracted me initially are what I continue to like about this 2013 4WD SE: Toyota reliability and "brand," powerful and very refined V6 (this engine is quiet and QUICK, best in class,) effective cold weather package and winter handling, compliant Camry-based ride, drive characteristics are great (in fact, the critics claim that it drifts too much in hwy driving is not accurate, it does fine in that regard--just my experience.) For a "heavy" 4wd veichle, this car is nimble and impressively quick for passing and getting out of trouble. Again, very strong engine is probably the car's best asset. Also, all the options work just as advertised. HOWEVER: interior fit and finish was subpar on this car, turns out 2013 was not good for Toyota overall in this regard. Too much cheap plastic up front. and so not surprisingly, several ANNOYING rattles quickly developed in the dash area (been in for it, fixed one big one but the others elude a solution.) Also an equally annoying wind noise rattle from somewhere in the rear at hwy speeds. No excuse for this in a $36,000 car. I HATE RATTLES!! Also, the leather seats always did look kind of cheap (definitely not "plush") and have not "broken in" as comfortable enough for extended driving, and the armrests and console are thinly padded and not placed well enough for either me or my wife. New car, and my wife has to use a cushion to compensate for the lack of seat comfort! If I had to, I could live with this car given its obvious strong points, but two years into a three-year lease, I'm looking to get out of it if I can without losing my shirt."

Excellent, comfortable, reliable, great gas mileag

By on Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pros: "4wd, gas mileage, comfort, reliability"

"This is my first Highlander. I have owned several Camrys and found them all to be excellent and reliable vehicles. The Highlander is as comfortable and reliable as all of the Toyotas I have owned. The third row seat comes in very handy. The 4 wheel drive is very useful in the mountainous terrain and bad winter driving conditions of Western PA. The gas mileage is better than advertised. My Highlander averages 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. With its great gas mileage, spaciousness, and comfort it is a great vehicle to take on vacation."