• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Toyota Highlander

Based on 336 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

camry SUV is the best

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"this vehicle is the camry in a suv- drives like a dream- comfort is amazing- spacing is excellent-highly recommend!"

Great buy

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"I recently got the 2008 Highlander, and I love it. My husband is 6'3, and seats comfortably driving, in the front, or riding the backseat. The legroom in the back is amazing. We were quite surprised. We have two children, and they and their friends fit perfectly. Though, I am still not quite comfortable putting a child in the front seat, I do like the the passenger airbag is weight-activated, so I could put one of my kids up front if necessary. I also think the cargo area is perfect. It fits everything we need from our sports equipment to all of our groceries with ease. I would highly recommended this car for any type of person, any type of lifestyle."

Greta vehicle a little bit pricey

By on Thursday, August 07, 2008

"Car feels really soft and comfy. It rides as good as any of our old SUV's (Nissan Murano or 4runner), Have great interior space and third row seat actually can seat a small adult not just kids. The car is very quiet. We are getting around 24/22 mpg and ocasionally 26. The only complaint is the price. I think Toyota asks too much for it. aside of that my wife and I love the car. Crashing test are good or outstanding. Stereo could be better but you can always go after the market and get a decent sound for a cheaper price than toyota asks for. Rear camera is a very nice add. Does not have the huge blind spots we had with the Murano. I will like if the little screen that shows MPG and other info were bigger."

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I've had my 08 Limited fwd Highlander over a year now. It has given me 0 problems. I get around 20 mpg for my typical driving around town (occaisional freeway blast) and ususally around 24 on the highway. According to the computer, it has averaged 21.4 for the first 13,000 miles driven. It is the "right size" vehicle for me. It handles my hunting gear, and other items well. I think the handling and steering are as good as anything I've ever driven..and that includes some sports cars. It corners very hard. There is some initial lean when entering a curve while the progressively wound springs take a "set". Once it establishes an attitude in the corner it is very stable and can really be "leaned" on. Steering is pricise and there is no "hunt". I have only one complaint. The seats are hard, and not very compliant, and for me have way too much lumbar. The drivers seat of course has adjustable lumbar, but I simply can't get it back far enough and it hurts my back after a while. This sort of ruins an otherwise outstanding vehicle. I intend to take it to a trim ship and see if it can be modified to be more comfortable."

Exceptional safety & ride

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I now have 2600 miles on this vehicle. Excellent quiet ride; interior comfort and safety features. 27 mpg in the city; i have average 25 mpg breaking in the engine. Traded a LT Tahoe (my 4th) with hesitation but now admire the comfort and ride. The cargo capacity slightly smaller than the Tahoe but the mpg is 45% higher...3rd row seating is comfortable; collision protection 360* was a key decision closer..w/o a doubt an excellent vehicle with bells & whistles galore. I don't worry with the wife and grandsons inside this cabin with all the protection this vehicle offers. Toyota has the Hybrid technology market; GM and Ford are light years behind. Highly recommend to anyone trading down from an SUV who wants reliability;style;cargo;4wd;nav;safety; and comfort...unbeatable.."