2010 Toyota Highlander

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Love My Highlander

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"I had to get another vehicle because my last car, a Chevy Malibu, was totalled in a car accident. Safety was my priority. I got my '08 Highlander Utility 4WD used and got a great deal, so I'm not complaining about price. I love the 3rd row, but keep it down to see out of the rear window easier. My brother is 6'3 and had plenty of leg room in the second row. It's easy to place and remove a car seat from the 2nd row's bucket seats. I purchased it when the roads were icey, and Loved how it handled on icey road conditions. The "Snow" button is handy. We took it up to a ski resort with no problem. It has good mileage on the highway. Oh, after my oil change the Maintenance Req. light was still lite up. I had to take it to the dealer to be shown how to reset it. The driver's seat was more comfy than the Rav-4 for me; I'm 5'10. Love the body and color (Blue Streak Metallic) I think I made a good buy."

Top Pick for SUVs

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I bought the Sport model V6 4WD new. It now has 12,000 mi. I compared it to the Acura MDX and RDX, BMW X5, Lexus RX 350, Hyundai Vera Cruz, Subaru Tribeca, and the Highlander came out on top. The car has lots of interior room, excellent pickup, superior handling, gas mileage of 21.5 mpg overall, good visibility, comfortable seats and comfortable heat and air. The Sport has a firmer suspension than the Limited which is why I bought it -- too much sway in the corners on a Limited. I drive test cars hard to see how they perform and this one got top marks. The VSC (vehicle skid control) lets you plow it in to corners and not worry. It is an SUV and not a sports car (I've owned those) so there are limits. Only complaint is the confusing navigation system. Hard to remember which buttons call up which features even after a year of use. The Bluetooth would not synch with my cell phone so I can't offload my phone book to the car. Rear view camera is a real plus but gets blurry in the rain. Can't say how it performs in the snow because there hasn't been any here. Tires are fine on wet and dry payment, but Goodyear Integrity OEM tires on my previous 2002 Highlander LTD were poor in snow. This 2008 has Toyo tires. It is hard to beat Toyota for overall performance and value. I would rate the Acura next, then the Lexus. You might look at a Nissan Murano and Mazda C-7 or C-9. The Honda Pilot is very good, but not in the same class once you compare models. The Ford Edge was nice, but not enough to make the final cut. GM has some new SUVs (Enclave, Traverse, etc.) all built on the same platform for different brands. I quit GM when they sold me a bad Buick in 1978. There is a reason they are in trouble."

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Great smooth ride. Great in snow."

cool

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"styleish and FANCY ALTERNATIVE"

Very good car

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"A very good vehicle. build quality is excellent. Have had many high line cars, this is the best. Compared to a Honda Pilot, the vehicle is much quieter, better ride and very smooth. Looks much better than the Honda (It's only competitor). It should be in a higher class of vehicle such as the MDX or Lexus RX. Makes the BMW X series look bad for what they charge. Have had no problems at all and it has 20k miles. Performed great in very bad snow conditions in Tahoe and did it with 22MPG! I'm done with the MB and BMW myth and am now enjoying a car that is actually WORTH the money."