2010 Toyota Highlander

Based on 363 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

EXCELLENT MULTIPURPOSE VEHICLE

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"I have owned Chevy Tahoes, Trailblazers, and a Toyota Sequioa in the past. This vehicle provides good cargo carrying capacity, as well as towing capability. I wouldn't recommend towing a heavy trailer or a large boat but it is very effective with small to medium load trailers. Excellent comfort with plenty of head and leg room in front and second rows. Smooth, quiet motor with excellent transmission provides for nice handling characteristics. Only complaints would be disappointing gas mileage and exceedingly poor tire performance in snow and tread wear. I replaced badly-worn Toyo tires at 22,000 miles. I now have Michelin Latitude Tour HPs. Drove in 6inch snow yesterday, tires were awesome."

Great Car- Looked at them all

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Lots of car and dependability for the money."

Cons: "Would love to have seen the new 2014 design."

"We looked for over 8 months at each and every SUV and rented a 2012 for a 20 hour (round trip) visit to family. Even driving in an incredible rainstorm, the Highlander performed expertly. I was impressed with its sure-footed traction in torrential rain when others had stopped. I had narrowed the choice to the Explorer and the Highlander. We finally decided on the Highlander. While I'm not so fond of the stodgy design (the Explorer has a nicer design stance), the space, ease of use and features made this a final choice. My wife will use this as her business vehicle as well as our travel car. The third row seat is nice for the grand kids, who think it is cool to be in the back. The stereo is great, the nav system and Bluetooth work great and are easy to set-up. Gas mileage thus far is above the average for both city and highway. The Blizzard Pearl paint is beautiful and our Toyota dealer's service impeccable. I recommend the Limited version for all the options it contains."

I was surprised!

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "It' got it all!"

"We had been driving Lexus SUV's until we needed a vehicle that could carry our 4 grandkids, all too young to sit in the front seat. Lexus wanted over $80,000 for their 8 passenger GX. While dealing with them, we stumbled across the 8 passenger Highlander Limited. This car had almost everything on board as the higher priced competition at nearly half the price. Sure, I miss the automatic wipers and memory seats, but that's about it. Would we do it again? You betcha!"

My Favorite of three vehicles.

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"We have a Cam=ry and Prius as well. This is the second Highlander. Both Hybrids. First was an 06. For a loaded SUV with AWD this jewel gets 25 & 26 in town consistently. Contray to what is reported it gets equal or better mileage on the Highway. A recent 3,000 mile round trip in snow, ice and mountains it obtained 26 & 27. Always comfortable and felt safe and secure. Quality wise not the first hic cup. My only complaint is that Toyota thinks these vehicles are worth gold and particular the Hybrids, There has been little room for negotiation. Currently buying an additonal one but not a Hybrid because you can negotiate prices on the non hybrid."

Love it!

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"My wife traded in her 07 Camry on the 08 Highlander Sport, has everything but leather and nav system. Even the knobs on the stereo and air conditioner are just big enough for easy reach while you are driving. If you don't mind spending the extra money get the sport package, it comes with a lot more than the base model for only two or three thousand more. With the sport the rear glass hatch opens with a button on the back or there is one on the wireless key pad. My wife says the backup camera only gives you a distorted view and is kind or decieving for what is next to you, and she says she is still gettig used to it though, but it is great to see if anybody is behind you or them short concrete poles that are in some parking lots. We also have the step bars which are not neccessary being it's not high enough for them, and she is only 5 foot tall, it makes it kind of difficult getting out of for her."