2010 Toyota Highlander

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

my Hylander

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Superior for a mid size suv, handle and gas mileage!"

Very pleased

By on Saturday, May 02, 2009

"We were looking for a vehicle to replace our 2000 Mazda MPV. We wanted something about the same size but with better mileage and better power...an unlikely combination. After doing reasearch on the internet and test driving 7 different vehicles we decided on the Toyota Highlander Sport. It's comfortable, quiet, and rides extremely well. If you are looking for a mid-size SUV you need to test drive the Highlander...I don't think you'll be disappointed."

Great all around vehicle

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"This is my first Toyota; it looks great, is smooth, quiet, and fast when it needs to be; there are times when it can't decide on a gear, but I have seen this in every automatic car I've ever driven; my family loves the comfortable seats, stereo system, air conditioning for passenger/rear, and the third seat has come in handy; an all around solid, sleak, and safe car, that I would highly recommend; if you do a lot of stop and go like me, my city mileage is only around 16-17 mpg."

Worst Car Ever

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"Nothing but electrical problems. Radio broke, power windows broke many times, dummy lights always coming on (check engine etc) fuse box melted!!! and much more."

Lurchmobile

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"This car cannot make up its mind which gear to go into. It hits passing gear so often I think I'm getting whiplash. I haven't driven a car this bad since my '74 K-car. Also, it handles like your towing a boat. Don't listen to Consumer Reports or other so-called experts - this car is a dog!"

Good Bang for your Buck

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I have had my Highlander for almost 2 months. I previously drove a Lexus RX300 - this vehicle rides, drives and handles every bit as good as my Lexus for a fraction of the price. The only complaint that I have of my Highlander is the headrest, it feels to me like it is pushing forward on the back of my head. I have found that there is no adjustment for the headrest and it drives me crazy - other than that, I absolutely love my Highlander."

Not worth the money!

By on Monday, March 09, 2009

"We looked at many different cars and finally settled on the '08 Highlander. It is the base model with some extras. However, the things I felt that should be basic on a car that cost this much were really lacking! We have had to take it in to be "serviced" three times, once a week after buying it for the brakes. It looks good and feels godd but is a waste of money."

By on Thursday, March 05, 2009

"Best value for your mpg buck. The amount of space this vehicle has is absolutely amazing. I still dont know how they are getting 27mpg in the city when I have tried for the last 2 gas tanks and can only get to 25.5mpg. Other than that it a great vehicle."

EXCELLENT MULTIPURPOSE VEHICLE

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"I have owned Chevy Tahoes, Trailblazers, and a Toyota Sequioa in the past. This vehicle provides good cargo carrying capacity, as well as towing capability. I wouldn't recommend towing a heavy trailer or a large boat but it is very effective with small to medium load trailers. Excellent comfort with plenty of head and leg room in front and second rows. Smooth, quiet motor with excellent transmission provides for nice handling characteristics. Only complaints would be disappointing gas mileage and exceedingly poor tire performance in snow and tread wear. I replaced badly-worn Toyo tires at 22,000 miles. I now have Michelin Latitude Tour HPs. Drove in 6inch snow yesterday, tires were awesome."

Not bad, Smooth ride!

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Cost a lot than rest, but better than the rest."

Love My Highlander

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"I had to get another vehicle because my last car, a Chevy Malibu, was totalled in a car accident. Safety was my priority. I got my '08 Highlander Utility 4WD used and got a great deal, so I'm not complaining about price. I love the 3rd row, but keep it down to see out of the rear window easier. My brother is 6'3 and had plenty of leg room in the second row. It's easy to place and remove a car seat from the 2nd row's bucket seats. I purchased it when the roads were icey, and Loved how it handled on icey road conditions. The "Snow" button is handy. We took it up to a ski resort with no problem. It has good mileage on the highway. Oh, after my oil change the Maintenance Req. light was still lite up. I had to take it to the dealer to be shown how to reset it. The driver's seat was more comfy than the Rav-4 for me; I'm 5'10. Love the body and color (Blue Streak Metallic) I think I made a good buy."

Top Pick for SUVs

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I bought the Sport model V6 4WD new. It now has 12,000 mi. I compared it to the Acura MDX and RDX, BMW X5, Lexus RX 350, Hyundai Vera Cruz, Subaru Tribeca, and the Highlander came out on top. The car has lots of interior room, excellent pickup, superior handling, gas mileage of 21.5 mpg overall, good visibility, comfortable seats and comfortable heat and air. The Sport has a firmer suspension than the Limited which is why I bought it -- too much sway in the corners on a Limited. I drive test cars hard to see how they perform and this one got top marks. The VSC (vehicle skid control) lets you plow it in to corners and not worry. It is an SUV and not a sports car (I've owned those) so there are limits. Only complaint is the confusing navigation system. Hard to remember which buttons call up which features even after a year of use. The Bluetooth would not synch with my cell phone so I can't offload my phone book to the car. Rear view camera is a real plus but gets blurry in the rain. Can't say how it performs in the snow because there hasn't been any here. Tires are fine on wet and dry payment, but Goodyear Integrity OEM tires on my previous 2002 Highlander LTD were poor in snow. This 2008 has Toyo tires. It is hard to beat Toyota for overall performance and value. I would rate the Acura next, then the Lexus. You might look at a Nissan Murano and Mazda C-7 or C-9. The Honda Pilot is very good, but not in the same class once you compare models. The Ford Edge was nice, but not enough to make the final cut. GM has some new SUVs (Enclave, Traverse, etc.) all built on the same platform for different brands. I quit GM when they sold me a bad Buick in 1978. There is a reason they are in trouble."

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Great smooth ride. Great in snow."

cool

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"styleish and FANCY ALTERNATIVE"

Very good car

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"A very good vehicle. build quality is excellent. Have had many high line cars, this is the best. Compared to a Honda Pilot, the vehicle is much quieter, better ride and very smooth. Looks much better than the Honda (It's only competitor). It should be in a higher class of vehicle such as the MDX or Lexus RX. Makes the BMW X series look bad for what they charge. Have had no problems at all and it has 20k miles. Performed great in very bad snow conditions in Tahoe and did it with 22MPG! I'm done with the MB and BMW myth and am now enjoying a car that is actually WORTH the money."

It's an okay vehicle

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I have been getting 12-15 city MPG and since that's almost all I drive it has been disappointing. I have had my 2008 for a year and I only have 5000 miles on it. The 4wd has not been impressive nor has the anti lock brakes. Personally I wish I would have stayed with my gut and went with the Rav 4. However with that being said it is a nice vehicle, I just dont think I would buy another one."

Good car for the price

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I bought a 2008 LTD and have 10,000 miles on it. This is my 2nd Highlander. The only thing I didn't like about the 2008 is the outside looks. I think the 2007 and older models looked better. But I think the ride is smooth. I love how I can fly across railroad tracks and not slow down and there is no bump! It is roomy and comfy. Gas Mileage is unreal! On long trips, at least 32 - 36 mpg, around town 20 at least. And it isn't a hybrid either. The only thing with Toyota's and my husband has the tundra, is when you try to roll down the window, it makes such a loud (rumbling) noise, you can't dare ride with windows cracked or down. Not sure what the problem is with Toyato and that ability. My Ford Explorer never had those issues. Another thing I do not like is the back window is much smaller so it is hard to see out the back. I do not trust the back up camera, so I like to turn and look back and with the huge seats and tiny back window, well you can't see much. So I would suggest a much bigger window back there. Also the blue tooth is terrible. I don't even use it anymore. There is a terrible delay in talking. People can't hear me, they say it sounds like I"m in a hole. Even if I stop the car and sit in a parking lot, I can't have a converstation, because of the delay (like talking on walkie-talkies) and they are not able to hear me well enough. So I say Fix the bluetooth to a better system, bigger back window and the arrow dynamtic or whatever it is - that will allow me to drive with the windows down and not have a ear drum deafing THUMPING sound in the car."

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Favorite of three vehicles.

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"We have a Cam=ry and Prius as well. This is the second Highlander. Both Hybrids. First was an 06. For a loaded SUV with AWD this jewel gets 25 & 26 in town consistently. Contray to what is reported it gets equal or better mileage on the Highway. A recent 3,000 mile round trip in snow, ice and mountains it obtained 26 & 27. Always comfortable and felt safe and secure. Quality wise not the first hic cup. My only complaint is that Toyota thinks these vehicles are worth gold and particular the Hybrids, There has been little room for negotiation. Currently buying an additonal one but not a Hybrid because you can negotiate prices on the non hybrid."

By on Thursday, November 06, 2008

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Recently purchased a 2008 Highlander LTD (Silver/Ash) with most of the goodies (Nav, power hatch, moonroof, heated seats) and couldn't be happier! What a smooth and quiet ride! Very comfortable, adjustable driver's seat, fairly good quality leather, user-friendly navigation system w/ several good safety features, comfortably seats 7 adults of average size. Good mileage so far. With the current market and lack of sellers, we got a fantastic deal as well!"

camry SUV is the best

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"this vehicle is the camry in a suv- drives like a dream- comfort is amazing- spacing is excellent-highly recommend!"

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next