2010 Toyota Highlander

Based on 330 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Best car/truck I've ever had- I'd buy another

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, good stereo, comfortable seats"

Cons: "Should buy the high end model, be happy."

"After driving a high performance Camaro for 20 years, It was time for a new something. Test drove a 2008 Highlander(Aug.2008) and loved it. Now has 90Kmi and only tiers and wipers and Mobil 1 oil. Water pump was under warrantee at 75Kmi. I'll be doing the brakes for the first time next service. That's just unheard of for me. I'll get new plugs at 100K. This car still drives like it did new!! Great in deep snow in the mountains, can pull 5,000 pounds, holds a lot of stuff and 3 rows of seats for all the grand kids. Once had 6 people, all the luggage on the roof and pulling a large U-Haul trailer from Texas to Nevada in the summer. Not one issue except used more gas. Just me and the wife, we get 22mpg on the highway and about 18 in town. Living in the desert it gets very hot, but the A/C is so good in this car, I'm never uncomfortable. It goes from 130 deg to 72 in about 10 min. That's a must where we live. It's so comfortable to drive on long trips I rarely get tired. Just hit the cruse and tones and relax. Lots of storage and ample cup holders and power plugins for extra toys. Ride is smooth even on some very ruff roads. My wife and I are short and we don't have to "Clime" into the car which is what I hate about my daughters Explorer. Her Explorer rides very ruff and the steering is much harder. The electric steering of the Highlander is top's. No pump or fluid to change, and butter smooth. Very easy to maneuver. The mirrors are large and easy to see all around. I think I'll get around 300Kmi before I need another, but I'd buy a Highlander again. The next one will have all the extras, with leather and sun roof. I'll only go with the 4X4 and at least a V6. Best car I've ever had!! I'm old so I've had a lot of cars."

Still loving it!!!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and the dogs love the rear air"

Cons: "I haven't found any"

"I bought this SUV new and it is now 6 years old. Only 60,000 miles but I have had no problems whatsoever. I am now looking at the 2014 and really hate to part with this one. Whoever buys it will not be sorry."

Great car, comfortable around town & long trips

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Price, style, fuel efficiency for the size"

Cons: "Storage area small, especially when using 3rd row"

"I have been very pleased with the Highlander. It is comfortable to drive, solid and quiet. The interior styling is attractive and the fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size. I compared many other SUV's before choosing this one. The quality, style and value of the Highlander made the decision easy. The only issue I have experienced was with the driver's window motor making some noise when the car was about 2 years old. The dealership replaced it without hesitation when I took it in."

NOT ALL ITS CRACKED UP TO BE

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reason: BORING POOR MILEAGE

"I owned this car for one and a half years and used it for a traveling sales job. I put about 40,000 miles on it during that time and drove it across the country through all kinds of terrain and weather. First it is reliable and realitively maintenance free. However it was not that great in weather, especially snow. The tires are very expensive and an odd size so there are few options. However I do think there are currently more options available. Some of the interior materials were cheap, and the mileage was sub-par most of the time, especially when the weather was cold. I averaged 16.5mpg the last winter I drove it. For that mileage I would rather have a larger more powerful suv that could tow and haul and provide real 4x4 convenience and safety. Lastly its terribly boring to drive. Its a ho hum day everyday behind the wheel. I rated its value in the middle, because I think its overpriced for what you get."

super comfortable interior design!

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "comfort handling pep"

Cons: "no phone charging area for 2nd row seating area"

"Amazed at how well laid out the interior is. allowing second row captains chairs to move back also adds to passenger comfort. Have had 6 adults in this vehicle on trips and all are comfortable. Peppy 6 cylinder engine. Overall my favorite vehicle we have owned."