2009 Toyota Highlander

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Reliable, quiet. Few luxuries,

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"A very quiet motor, comfortable, great for hauling things. The steering column is a pain because it does not tilt automatically. The wipers and cruise controls are in a location behind the steering wheel. It is sometimes difficult to see which setting you want. The rear wiper is not wide enough. The carpet is very thin and cheap. Unless they have made these changes, I would not buy this model again."

No problems, no complaints. Would buy again.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Cons: "Model I have does not have outdoor temp display"

"This has been a solid, reliable vehicle. Over the past 20 years, I have gone through several vehicles. My Highlander is the one vehicle that I've had longer than any other. It serves all my needs and is a dream to drive a 16 hour round trip in, which we do a few times a year to visit relatives/vacation. Its comfortable, quiet and performs exceptionally well."

great car, good mileage, looks good

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "drives great, looks great, good mileage"

Cons: "?"

"It's a really good car. If I didn't want to get my wife a new one this month I'd keep it."

My second Highlander. Best car for me.

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, pleasure to drive, great sound system."

Cons: "Nothing that 400hp wouldnt cure."

"I traded in my 2008 se after 89,000 mi on a 2013 Limited. It was used one owner with 958 mi.(to me that's new) Got it for 21K and trade. I feel we got a good deal. I love the second Gen. Highlander. Not so fond of the 2014&15 they made some changes that I just don't like. This 13 is so nice, with all the extras. AWD is a must for us, with mountain snow and all. It rides smooth and quite, steering is same as my 08, so no surprise that you have to pay attention. I'm still getting used to all the gizmos, Bluetooth, Nav system, Love the JBL speakers a big improvement over the 08 we had. My wife likes the power lift hatch. I love the remote start, I can get it cooling down without even going outside. The reliability was the real reason we bought another. I had zero problems with my 08 and was just about to get the brakes done when we found this new one. Just Syn. oil, tiers and wipers. We're close to retirement so having the higher end model will be nice. I don't plan to buy another car ever and I think this will be good for about 300Kmi with proper care. I've never used the third row seats on either car but it's nice to know I can. Some day we may take the grand kids on a trip. The running boards do help my Mom get in and out. She's 89 now with bad knees, she likes the leather Captain seats in the second row. I would recommend a Highlander to anyone looking at an SUV, and if it's in your budget, get the higher end Highlander it's worth the extra cash. It's not for serious off road but it can handle most gentle trails with ease. Towing is good at 5000lb rating. Power is a modest but good 270hp. It will step lively when you need it and MPG is good. Resale value I think is good, we made a good trade on my 08. The moon roof and roof rack is nice for those things that don't quite fit in the back. I honestly cant find anything to complain about in this new model. It's every bit as good as the 08 but the upgrade to a Limited is so much nicer and pleasant to drive."

Good Vehicle - Excellent in Snow and heavy rain

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "holds it value"

"Keeps going."