2009 Toyota Highlander

Based on 363 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

I have owned...

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

"...four BMWs, two Porsches, five upscale Suburbans, and three Lincolns, among others --- this is the best car I've ever owned!"

25% Better Gas Mileage on 1st Day

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I drove the vehicle 150 miles and had 25% better gas mileage on the first day of ownership. Only wish Toyota could have put in memory position for 2 separate drivers. Other than that, I am very impressed with the braking ability and acceleration. The car is very quiet and comfortable to drive."

Good gas mileage and reliable

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "tech package, flexible seating, good gas mileage"

Cons: "not the most exciting to drive"

"We have had our 2012 highlander for about a year and are very happy with it. We got the 4 cylinder model for mileage and for the flat Louisiana roads we drive 95% of the time. So far, the 4 cylinder has been great. We are averaging over 25 mpg in mostly highway driving and it makes only a few hp less than our 2005 Ford Freestyle. It did struggle a bit on a trip to the mountains of Arkansas,so I would probably get the 6 cylinder if I lived in a mountainous area or towed with it. We love the tech package with the bluetooth and rear view camera. Also love the flexible seating that can seat people our lay flat to carry our large dogs. So far,has been a typical reliable Toyota vehicle. Toyota Care which includes your scheduled maintenance has been a bonus. If you are in the market for a SUV, do yourself a favor and look at the highlander."

Awesome SUV...Love it!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, handles great"

Cons: "Price tag"

"I drive about 40,000 miles a year. Recent vehichles have been 08 Nissan Murano, 05 Toyota 4Runner, 10 Ford Taurus and they dont touch the Highlander. I have the limited version and the seat is very comfortable which is whats important spending alot of time in the car driving. It handles great, the nav system is very accurate. Folding down 3rd row is convienent and easy to use. The adjustable mid row works great with a car full of kids. Gas mileage on the highway is 24mpg. I absolutly love this car! Would highly recommend it. The price of the car is not cheap but Toyotas hold their value! Recommended this car to my sister and she bought one."

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We traded in our 05 Nissan Altima, for this vechicle. We were looking between the Honda Pilot and The Highlander. I really like to fact that it still feels like you are driving a car, the most comfortable vehicle I have driven. Handles the rain very well, haven't been able to try in the snow yet. The third row really isn't bad either, very spacious, the hatch is easy to lift and close even being 5'4". Easy to put children in to car. I would definetly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking."