2009 Toyota Highlander

Based on 357 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Best car I ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, huge trunk area"

Cons: "No Compass; doesn't store seat settings"

"Excellent ride and hauls heavy items without affecting drive quality."

Solid pluses, definite minuses

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

"The same things that attracted me initially are what I continue to like about this 2013 4WD SE: Toyota reliability and "brand," powerful and very refined V6 (this engine is quiet and QUICK, best in class,) effective cold weather package and winter handling, compliant Camry-based ride, drive characteristics are great (in fact, the critics claim that it drifts too much in hwy driving is not accurate, it does fine in that regard--just my experience.) For a "heavy" 4wd veichle, this car is nimble and impressively quick for passing and getting out of trouble. Again, very strong engine is probably the car's best asset. Also, all the options work just as advertised. HOWEVER: interior fit and finish was subpar on this car, turns out 2013 was not good for Toyota overall in this regard. Too much cheap plastic up front. and so not surprisingly, several ANNOYING rattles quickly developed in the dash area (been in for it, fixed one big one but the others elude a solution.) Also an equally annoying wind noise rattle from somewhere in the rear at hwy speeds. No excuse for this in a $36,000 car. I HATE RATTLES!! Also, the leather seats always did look kind of cheap (definitely not "plush") and have not "broken in" as comfortable enough for extended driving, and the armrests and console are thinly padded and not placed well enough for either me or my wife. New car, and my wife has to use a cushion to compensate for the lack of seat comfort! If I had to, I could live with this car given its obvious strong points, but two years into a three-year lease, I'm looking to get out of it if I can without losing my shirt."

Great looking ride

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Great acceleration,cool look,good gas"

Cons: "no hands free phone hook up"

"I've owned my Highlander for a little over 2 years now, I purchased her with 18,000 miles and she is now at 35,075. Very minor flaws and minor flaws they are. Great condition, dark window tint and aggressive/cool tire tread."

2nd highlander. Love it

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Comfy, roomy, 4 cup holders."

"Looking to trade in for newer model. Love it. 2nd highlander. Bought 1 st one new. 2nd one used and going now for 3rd used!"

Solid SUV

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Great people mover (although the third row is not great for an adult for any ride over 30 mins but is doable), powerful acceleration, good handling, pretty good in snow, super reliable and interior is made of high quality material that lasts. The vehicle is a nice split between a full size SUV and a mid-sized cross-over. Cons gas mileage stinks, Less than 15 mpg is common for around town and don't expect much over (in any) 20 on the highway. The cars Bluetooth is complicated to work and set up and the hands-free voice dialing is a joke. All in all, well worth it if your looking for a vehicle like this, Toyota reliability and resale value trump the few cons on this vehicle."

Great SUV!

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Great vehicle and very spunky!"

Cons: "Tire monitor mildly aggravating."

"I have had this vehicle 14 months now and it has been quiet a pleasure driving it. The power of the 3.5L v-6 is more than adequate and the mileage is better than advertised. I average 20-21 mixed street/highway and 24/27 on the highway if I keep my foot out of the fuel injection. (Used to be carburetor). I have the plus model which is equipped just right for me. The seat is very comfortable with good adjustments. The instrument panel has good visibility and adjustments are easy to make. Bluetooth is a very handy way to use the phone. The only irritant I have is the tire pressure monitoring system. Not terrible, just annoying. Overall, I am very pleased with this vehicle. It replaced a pick-up truck that I dearly loved but being an amputee of the left leg, getting in and out was becoming a problem. I definitely chose the correct replacement. A bit of excitement is back in my driving experience. I would get another highlander."

more than i expected

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "toyota quality and reliability, excellent in snow"

"I have owned several Toyota models over the years and have never been disappointed in any way. This Highlander is no exception. The ride is smooth. The reliability is just what you'd expect from a Toyota. What really impressed me about this model was it's handling in the snow. I currently also own a Landcruiser so my expectations are quite high when it comes to bad weather driving. No, it's not on par with the Landcruiser but it does quite well for what it is. No complaints. Awesome alternative to the minivan (traded in our 99 sienna with almost 200k (trouble free) miles on it for this)."

Outstanding gas mileage

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "No cons"

"No problems with it, drives great, and has amazing gas milage"

Nice Suv

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

"would buy and recommend to friends"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Quality through out"

Cons: "Trouble keeping windshield smear free."

"Previously drove a 4 Runner. The Highlander keeps some of the features of the 4 Runner, but adds some luxuries."