2008 Toyota Highlander

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Great Car- Looked at them all

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Lots of car and dependability for the money."

Cons: "Would love to have seen the new 2014 design."

"We looked for over 8 months at each and every SUV and rented a 2012 for a 20 hour (round trip) visit to family. Even driving in an incredible rainstorm, the Highlander performed expertly. I was impressed with its sure-footed traction in torrential rain when others had stopped. I had narrowed the choice to the Explorer and the Highlander. We finally decided on the Highlander. While I'm not so fond of the stodgy design (the Explorer has a nicer design stance), the space, ease of use and features made this a final choice. My wife will use this as her business vehicle as well as our travel car. The third row seat is nice for the grand kids, who think it is cool to be in the back. The stereo is great, the nav system and Bluetooth work great and are easy to set-up. Gas mileage thus far is above the average for both city and highway. The Blizzard Pearl paint is beautiful and our Toyota dealer's service impeccable. I recommend the Limited version for all the options it contains."

I was surprised!

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "It' got it all!"

"We had been driving Lexus SUV's until we needed a vehicle that could carry our 4 grandkids, all too young to sit in the front seat. Lexus wanted over $80,000 for their 8 passenger GX. While dealing with them, we stumbled across the 8 passenger Highlander Limited. This car had almost everything on board as the higher priced competition at nearly half the price. Sure, I miss the automatic wipers and memory seats, but that's about it. Would we do it again? You betcha!"

My Favorite of three vehicles.

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"We have a Cam=ry and Prius as well. This is the second Highlander. Both Hybrids. First was an 06. For a loaded SUV with AWD this jewel gets 25 & 26 in town consistently. Contray to what is reported it gets equal or better mileage on the Highway. A recent 3,000 mile round trip in snow, ice and mountains it obtained 26 & 27. Always comfortable and felt safe and secure. Quality wise not the first hic cup. My only complaint is that Toyota thinks these vehicles are worth gold and particular the Hybrids, There has been little room for negotiation. Currently buying an additonal one but not a Hybrid because you can negotiate prices on the non hybrid."

Love it!

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"My wife traded in her 07 Camry on the 08 Highlander Sport, has everything but leather and nav system. Even the knobs on the stereo and air conditioner are just big enough for easy reach while you are driving. If you don't mind spending the extra money get the sport package, it comes with a lot more than the base model for only two or three thousand more. With the sport the rear glass hatch opens with a button on the back or there is one on the wireless key pad. My wife says the backup camera only gives you a distorted view and is kind or decieving for what is next to you, and she says she is still gettig used to it though, but it is great to see if anybody is behind you or them short concrete poles that are in some parking lots. We also have the step bars which are not neccessary being it's not high enough for them, and she is only 5 foot tall, it makes it kind of difficult getting out of for her."

2nd highlander. Love it

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Comfy, roomy, 4 cup holders."

"Looking to trade in for newer model. Love it. 2nd highlander. Bought 1 st one new. 2nd one used and going now for 3rd used!"

Best car I Ever Owned

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Plenty of horsepower, smooth ride, great quality"

"I was a lifetime Chevy SUV owner until I started having problems with each succeeding model. I traded in my last Chevy I'll ever own, a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse and with the urging of my friends bought a brand new 2013 Toyota Highlander. Best choice I ever made. I have driven over 21000 trouble free miles. The ride is very comfortable with plenty of horsepower to go over the mountains on the way to Vegas. I am now going to be a lifetime Toyota owner."

Hey it's a Toyota

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Power, Mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Third row seat tight, and Price."

"Bought this vehicle new in 2011. at 40,000 miles I had to put new tires, and a new vehicle battery on it. No problems with it whatsoever. mileage varies dependent mainly on headwind ect. but overall I get 25 mph. I live in a small town so about the time it gets warmed up I am there. Alot of power in this vehicle. No problems with snow ect. But deep snow I have heard that the vehicle has a hard time getting going because of the no slip tire system. I mean the tires will not spin. Deep snow like 12" but I had no problem. Pricey vehicle but we accepted that for the comfort and room plus towing capability. and of course3 4X4. The third row seat is really tight in the back but good for kids."

Great Family Car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"We love this CAR! I commute 100 miles a day, 50 each direction, so we needed a decent MPG- I get about 25 MPG. There is also enough room in the back seat for the car seat, with the back seat slid all the way to the rear, and my 6 '4" husband in the front seat, slid all the way back, and my oddly tall 3 year old isn't smashed! Would buy it again! Just wish the limited model didn't have the sun roof- it takes away about 3" head room for the tall husband..."

Great car

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"I bought my 2012 Highlander Base last year. Really enjoyed driving it. My wife love the snow button, which gives you better handle on snowy road. The three row sitter is great future to have. Most of the time we have the third row folded down so we have much bigger cargo space. No complains at all after having it for a year and 11K miles."

Powerful for its size

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "Torque, reliability, sharp turning"

Cons: "Smaller space for equipment"

"I have had this SUV for over a year and love it! There is a nice Umfphh...to it when you want to get up and go, when entering the freeway or trying to get out from the path of a speeding semi. The interior is spacious. I transport music equipment on a weekly basis. Thats where I have the trouble. The car is just not wide enough like a minivan. THe third row seating is a bonus,can transport a total of 8 passengers, 6 very comfortably. Gas mileage is decent, considering its a SUV and not a sedan. My wife loves the height of the vehicle while she drives it. When this SUV falls apart, I will get the same all over again!"