• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Toyota Highlander

Based on 334 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

By on Thursday, March 06, 2008

Great family car

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"I've reviewed all of the SUV's in the same price range and the Highlander tops them all. The interior is designed to have everything easily at hand for the driver. I love being able to adjust the rear AC from the front seat. The automatic rear door makes entry easy. I love the smart key system, no more digging in my purse trying to find the key. My 3 YO daughter loves this car because she can climb easily into it. She is now also able to get into her own car seat which eliminates the awkward lifting to place her in. She loves watching the screen while in reverse to see where we are going. She likes it almost as much as the built in DVD. While the DVD does block the driver view somewhat, but it isn't too bad. It would be great if the screen could rotate slightly. This is my first vehicle with a nav system and I found it easy to learn and operate. It is intuitive, so when we deviate from the programmed course it recommends an alternative route. The rear camera is helpful, but the car has very few blind spots. I love the large side mirrors which make lane changes easy. My previous vehicle was a V8 which had more power, but not a significant percentage more. I would definitely trade for the better gas mileage. I would love for this vehicle to have memory seats. Honestly for the price I am surprised they aren't standard on the Limited. I used to own a Lexus, and while this isn't quite as luxurious it's close enough. Since Lexus maintenance is 2-3 times the price, the Toyota is going to be much easier on my pocket book in the long run. This is a wonderful vehicle that meets the needs of a busy family. I would definitely recommend it to others as I have no regrets in my purchase. I plan on keeping this vehicle for quite awhile."

toyota's are great

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"my 3rd toyota, love them all!!! so far my 2008 highland is just as good. I love the front and back look of the highland (08) the side is a little plane."

I like it

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I recently drove a 06 Toyota Highlander AWD and completely loved it!!!!!! Had someone hit me from the rear driving around 35-45mph hour I drove away they towed his vehicle away. I traded in this 06 for a 08 Highlander AWD and I was surprised at how differently they operate. I live in a rural community where the roads are not paved so I get the chance to use the SUV in a number of driving conditions. The steering on the 08 is very touchy and had to get use to its light touch as the 06 you could "feel" the turns. The power on the 08 is ridiculous I have to watch my foot with this puppy the 06 wasn't to shabby neither going up and down the Colorado mountains. Gas mileage definitely goes to the 06. I achieved a constant 23mpg on this V6 awd and on the 08 the best I've gotten so far is 21.5mpg. However it is said that once you hit 6K miles the gas mileage gets better so will have to wait and see how that turns out. As far as the snow the 06 in my opinion does a better job than the 08 I think due to the light touch steering as stated earlier the slightest touch yields huge results on the 08. Had only 1 problem with the 08 went to pull my phone charger out of the 12v socket and the whole piece came up in my hand. This was easily fixed by shoving it back into the console. Finally, I really enjoy the size and ride of the 08 and the spacious surroundings in the vehicle itself. Would I buy the 06 or 08 again. YEAH, I Like em."