• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Toyota Highlander

Based on 338 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 | Next

By on Thursday, November 06, 2008

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Recently purchased a 2008 Highlander LTD (Silver/Ash) with most of the goodies (Nav, power hatch, moonroof, heated seats) and couldn't be happier! What a smooth and quiet ride! Very comfortable, adjustable driver's seat, fairly good quality leather, user-friendly navigation system w/ several good safety features, comfortably seats 7 adults of average size. Good mileage so far. With the current market and lack of sellers, we got a fantastic deal as well!"

camry SUV is the best

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"this vehicle is the camry in a suv- drives like a dream- comfort is amazing- spacing is excellent-highly recommend!"

Great buy

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"I recently got the 2008 Highlander, and I love it. My husband is 6'3, and seats comfortably driving, in the front, or riding the backseat. The legroom in the back is amazing. We were quite surprised. We have two children, and they and their friends fit perfectly. Though, I am still not quite comfortable putting a child in the front seat, I do like the the passenger airbag is weight-activated, so I could put one of my kids up front if necessary. I also think the cargo area is perfect. It fits everything we need from our sports equipment to all of our groceries with ease. I would highly recommended this car for any type of person, any type of lifestyle."

Greta vehicle a little bit pricey

By on Thursday, August 07, 2008

"Car feels really soft and comfy. It rides as good as any of our old SUV's (Nissan Murano or 4runner), Have great interior space and third row seat actually can seat a small adult not just kids. The car is very quiet. We are getting around 24/22 mpg and ocasionally 26. The only complaint is the price. I think Toyota asks too much for it. aside of that my wife and I love the car. Crashing test are good or outstanding. Stereo could be better but you can always go after the market and get a decent sound for a cheaper price than toyota asks for. Rear camera is a very nice add. Does not have the huge blind spots we had with the Murano. I will like if the little screen that shows MPG and other info were bigger."

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I've had my 08 Limited fwd Highlander over a year now. It has given me 0 problems. I get around 20 mpg for my typical driving around town (occaisional freeway blast) and ususally around 24 on the highway. According to the computer, it has averaged 21.4 for the first 13,000 miles driven. It is the "right size" vehicle for me. It handles my hunting gear, and other items well. I think the handling and steering are as good as anything I've ever driven..and that includes some sports cars. It corners very hard. There is some initial lean when entering a curve while the progressively wound springs take a "set". Once it establishes an attitude in the corner it is very stable and can really be "leaned" on. Steering is pricise and there is no "hunt". I have only one complaint. The seats are hard, and not very compliant, and for me have way too much lumbar. The drivers seat of course has adjustable lumbar, but I simply can't get it back far enough and it hurts my back after a while. This sort of ruins an otherwise outstanding vehicle. I intend to take it to a trim ship and see if it can be modified to be more comfortable."

Exceptional safety & ride

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I now have 2600 miles on this vehicle. Excellent quiet ride; interior comfort and safety features. 27 mpg in the city; i have average 25 mpg breaking in the engine. Traded a LT Tahoe (my 4th) with hesitation but now admire the comfort and ride. The cargo capacity slightly smaller than the Tahoe but the mpg is 45% higher...3rd row seating is comfortable; collision protection 360* was a key decision closer..w/o a doubt an excellent vehicle with bells & whistles galore. I don't worry with the wife and grandsons inside this cabin with all the protection this vehicle offers. Toyota has the Hybrid technology market; GM and Ford are light years behind. Highly recommend to anyone trading down from an SUV who wants reliability;style;cargo;4wd;nav;safety; and comfort...unbeatable.."

No Regrets

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I love my Highlander, I researched all SUVs of this size, and I went for this one. Very spaceous, very smooth ride. I usually do 80mph and it feels way slower. I love the rearview camera. I wish my stereo would display the song titles, and I also wish it was a bit higher off the road."

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More than Expected!

By on Thursday, May 01, 2008

"I've had my 08 Limited Highlander for about a month now, and still have absolutely no complaints! (well, actually, one it's black, but with the deal I got it being a limited, I had to take it). I drove the domestic wanna-be of the Highlander first before I drove this, and it was nice, but then I got in the Highlander and never looked anywhere else. I do a lot of research before purchasing a vehicle and this was on my list. My mom has an 06 Hybrid Ltd Highlander, and she loves hers. This one is a bit bigger, thankfully, than hers, as I have three children still in carseats. I traded my van (which people think I'm crazy) for this and I couldn't be happier. The back seat is fine and have no problems with the kids getting in and out. They have plenty of space and so do average size adults. As always, Toyota goes above the rest in their seating..always comfortable. This Highlander drives like a dream...smooth as silk. I am averaging about 22-24 mpg, and I drive both city and highway. I don't get into it, although it does when I want it to, and I think that's good for the amount of HP it has. I cannot think of one bad thing with this vehicle. I paid a hefty price for it, but having owned both foreign and domestic vehicles, it is well worth the price. I would highly recommend this to anyone, both large familes and not--this is a luxury vehicle without the high price tag!"

I am in love with this vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"We have recently purchased our Highlander and my biggest problem is figuring out how to get my wife let me drive it. The ride is absolutely the smoothest I've ever experienced in an SUV. The handling and braking is superior. I am also very impressed with the acceleration. I also am very impressed with the roominess. I am 6'2" and can comfortably stretch out in the back seat. It is also very gas friendly for an SUV. We are loving our purchase and I would definitley recommend it to friends."

25% Better Gas Mileage on 1st Day

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I drove the vehicle 150 miles and had 25% better gas mileage on the first day of ownership. Only wish Toyota could have put in memory position for 2 separate drivers. Other than that, I am very impressed with the braking ability and acceleration. The car is very quiet and comfortable to drive."

Poor MPG

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"Car performs well; however, I bought it because I expected mileage somewhat close to the book estimate of 27/25. I have 2800 miles and the best is only 22mpg and this is basic city driving with almost no hills. If you're looking for good mpg, don't spend your money. I am arguing with the manufacturer for false and misleading advertising claims. I don't know where it will take me; however, I am bitterly disappointed."

Needs more

By on Saturday, April 05, 2008

"We have been looking for a new SUV to replace my wife's 1998 Camry. We are a Toyota family, owning 6 Toyotas in all. The Highlander Limited is what we are looking for, and we would buy one today. However, although a small thing to some, not having a four-way power seat for the passenger side is unacceptable. Our 1998 Camry has it, but it isn't even available as an option for the Highlander. It doesn't affect me because I am tall, but my wife would like the ability to raise the passenger seat a little for better visibility. Too bad Toyota didn't think of that, even as an option. Do we wait for the 2009 version and see if it is available then, or do we go ahead and buy the Acura MDX which has both seats with 4-way power?"

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

By on Thursday, March 06, 2008

Great family car

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"I've reviewed all of the SUV's in the same price range and the Highlander tops them all. The interior is designed to have everything easily at hand for the driver. I love being able to adjust the rear AC from the front seat. The automatic rear door makes entry easy. I love the smart key system, no more digging in my purse trying to find the key. My 3 YO daughter loves this car because she can climb easily into it. She is now also able to get into her own car seat which eliminates the awkward lifting to place her in. She loves watching the screen while in reverse to see where we are going. She likes it almost as much as the built in DVD. While the DVD does block the driver view somewhat, but it isn't too bad. It would be great if the screen could rotate slightly. This is my first vehicle with a nav system and I found it easy to learn and operate. It is intuitive, so when we deviate from the programmed course it recommends an alternative route. The rear camera is helpful, but the car has very few blind spots. I love the large side mirrors which make lane changes easy. My previous vehicle was a V8 which had more power, but not a significant percentage more. I would definitely trade for the better gas mileage. I would love for this vehicle to have memory seats. Honestly for the price I am surprised they aren't standard on the Limited. I used to own a Lexus, and while this isn't quite as luxurious it's close enough. Since Lexus maintenance is 2-3 times the price, the Toyota is going to be much easier on my pocket book in the long run. This is a wonderful vehicle that meets the needs of a busy family. I would definitely recommend it to others as I have no regrets in my purchase. I plan on keeping this vehicle for quite awhile."

toyota's are great

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"my 3rd toyota, love them all!!! so far my 2008 highland is just as good. I love the front and back look of the highland (08) the side is a little plane."

I like it

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I recently drove a 06 Toyota Highlander AWD and completely loved it!!!!!! Had someone hit me from the rear driving around 35-45mph hour I drove away they towed his vehicle away. I traded in this 06 for a 08 Highlander AWD and I was surprised at how differently they operate. I live in a rural community where the roads are not paved so I get the chance to use the SUV in a number of driving conditions. The steering on the 08 is very touchy and had to get use to its light touch as the 06 you could "feel" the turns. The power on the 08 is ridiculous I have to watch my foot with this puppy the 06 wasn't to shabby neither going up and down the Colorado mountains. Gas mileage definitely goes to the 06. I achieved a constant 23mpg on this V6 awd and on the 08 the best I've gotten so far is 21.5mpg. However it is said that once you hit 6K miles the gas mileage gets better so will have to wait and see how that turns out. As far as the snow the 06 in my opinion does a better job than the 08 I think due to the light touch steering as stated earlier the slightest touch yields huge results on the 08. Had only 1 problem with the 08 went to pull my phone charger out of the 12v socket and the whole piece came up in my hand. This was easily fixed by shoving it back into the console. Finally, I really enjoy the size and ride of the 08 and the spacious surroundings in the vehicle itself. Would I buy the 06 or 08 again. YEAH, I Like em."

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"What an excellent vehicle. Smooth ride great power. Flew up over Altamont Pass at 90mph with 6 large passengers and it felt like we were barely moving. With Toyota's reliability I know this vehicle is a wise choice. Purchased based on the excellent rating by Consumer Reports. Great gas mileage and power for a V6. Some V8's have less horsepower than this Toyota."

Good Hybrid SUV

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I got the limited hybrid version and have been driving it for a month now. So far I have loved the vehicle.The "ECONOMY" mode is very nice to get better gas mileage. I have been avaeraging about 28 mpg both city and highway combined. Lot of space for family and kids. Nice innovative design and styling. Good ground clearance. I would recommend this vehicle to my friends."

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

solid value

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"To early to tell if the customary reliability is in the suv but I suspect it is. I have only driven the car 1000 miles but I am very satisfied with its performance. Very smooth and quiet with plenty of power. The extra features of the limited with NAV are well worth the money. The only con's I have seen are in the interior finish. Toyota could put a bit more refinement in the finishing touches. Tough to do with plastic but not imposible, Lexus has it. I did a lot of research before I purchased this model and everything i read was spot on. I drove the competition but this vehicle has much more bang for the buck."

I LOVE my Highlander

By on Saturday, December 08, 2007

"I have had my Highlander for a week now and I love it more & more everday. It's fun, comfortable, and stylish. It rides like a luxury sedan. If you are thinking about buying one, don't hesitate just DO IT!!! You won't regret it. I have the AWD Limited with everything in it and it's GREAT!!!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"My wife traded in her 07 Camry on the 08 Highlander Sport, has everything but leather and nav system. Even the knobs on the stereo and air conditioner are just big enough for easy reach while you are driving. If you don't mind spending the extra money get the sport package, it comes with a lot more than the base model for only two or three thousand more. With the sport the rear glass hatch opens with a button on the back or there is one on the wireless key pad. My wife says the backup camera only gives you a distorted view and is kind or decieving for what is next to you, and she says she is still gettig used to it though, but it is great to see if anybody is behind you or them short concrete poles that are in some parking lots. We also have the step bars which are not neccessary being it's not high enough for them, and she is only 5 foot tall, it makes it kind of difficult getting out of for her."

Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 | Next