2008 Toyota Highlander

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 | Next

It's an okay vehicle

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I have been getting 12-15 city MPG and since that's almost all I drive it has been disappointing. I have had my 2008 for a year and I only have 5000 miles on it. The 4wd has not been impressive nor has the anti lock brakes. Personally I wish I would have stayed with my gut and went with the Rav 4. However with that being said it is a nice vehicle, I just dont think I would buy another one."

Good car for the price

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I bought a 2008 LTD and have 10,000 miles on it. This is my 2nd Highlander. The only thing I didn't like about the 2008 is the outside looks. I think the 2007 and older models looked better. But I think the ride is smooth. I love how I can fly across railroad tracks and not slow down and there is no bump! It is roomy and comfy. Gas Mileage is unreal! On long trips, at least 32 - 36 mpg, around town 20 at least. And it isn't a hybrid either. The only thing with Toyota's and my husband has the tundra, is when you try to roll down the window, it makes such a loud (rumbling) noise, you can't dare ride with windows cracked or down. Not sure what the problem is with Toyato and that ability. My Ford Explorer never had those issues. Another thing I do not like is the back window is much smaller so it is hard to see out the back. I do not trust the back up camera, so I like to turn and look back and with the huge seats and tiny back window, well you can't see much. So I would suggest a much bigger window back there. Also the blue tooth is terrible. I don't even use it anymore. There is a terrible delay in talking. People can't hear me, they say it sounds like I"m in a hole. Even if I stop the car and sit in a parking lot, I can't have a converstation, because of the delay (like talking on walkie-talkies) and they are not able to hear me well enough. So I say Fix the bluetooth to a better system, bigger back window and the arrow dynamtic or whatever it is - that will allow me to drive with the windows down and not have a ear drum deafing THUMPING sound in the car."

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Favorite of three vehicles.

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"We have a Cam=ry and Prius as well. This is the second Highlander. Both Hybrids. First was an 06. For a loaded SUV with AWD this jewel gets 25 & 26 in town consistently. Contray to what is reported it gets equal or better mileage on the Highway. A recent 3,000 mile round trip in snow, ice and mountains it obtained 26 & 27. Always comfortable and felt safe and secure. Quality wise not the first hic cup. My only complaint is that Toyota thinks these vehicles are worth gold and particular the Hybrids, There has been little room for negotiation. Currently buying an additonal one but not a Hybrid because you can negotiate prices on the non hybrid."

By on Thursday, November 06, 2008

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Recently purchased a 2008 Highlander LTD (Silver/Ash) with most of the goodies (Nav, power hatch, moonroof, heated seats) and couldn't be happier! What a smooth and quiet ride! Very comfortable, adjustable driver's seat, fairly good quality leather, user-friendly navigation system w/ several good safety features, comfortably seats 7 adults of average size. Good mileage so far. With the current market and lack of sellers, we got a fantastic deal as well!"

camry SUV is the best

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"this vehicle is the camry in a suv- drives like a dream- comfort is amazing- spacing is excellent-highly recommend!"

Great buy

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"I recently got the 2008 Highlander, and I love it. My husband is 6'3, and seats comfortably driving, in the front, or riding the backseat. The legroom in the back is amazing. We were quite surprised. We have two children, and they and their friends fit perfectly. Though, I am still not quite comfortable putting a child in the front seat, I do like the the passenger airbag is weight-activated, so I could put one of my kids up front if necessary. I also think the cargo area is perfect. It fits everything we need from our sports equipment to all of our groceries with ease. I would highly recommended this car for any type of person, any type of lifestyle."

Greta vehicle a little bit pricey

By on Thursday, August 07, 2008

"Car feels really soft and comfy. It rides as good as any of our old SUV's (Nissan Murano or 4runner), Have great interior space and third row seat actually can seat a small adult not just kids. The car is very quiet. We are getting around 24/22 mpg and ocasionally 26. The only complaint is the price. I think Toyota asks too much for it. aside of that my wife and I love the car. Crashing test are good or outstanding. Stereo could be better but you can always go after the market and get a decent sound for a cheaper price than toyota asks for. Rear camera is a very nice add. Does not have the huge blind spots we had with the Murano. I will like if the little screen that shows MPG and other info were bigger."

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I've had my 08 Limited fwd Highlander over a year now. It has given me 0 problems. I get around 20 mpg for my typical driving around town (occaisional freeway blast) and ususally around 24 on the highway. According to the computer, it has averaged 21.4 for the first 13,000 miles driven. It is the "right size" vehicle for me. It handles my hunting gear, and other items well. I think the handling and steering are as good as anything I've ever driven..and that includes some sports cars. It corners very hard. There is some initial lean when entering a curve while the progressively wound springs take a "set". Once it establishes an attitude in the corner it is very stable and can really be "leaned" on. Steering is pricise and there is no "hunt". I have only one complaint. The seats are hard, and not very compliant, and for me have way too much lumbar. The drivers seat of course has adjustable lumbar, but I simply can't get it back far enough and it hurts my back after a while. This sort of ruins an otherwise outstanding vehicle. I intend to take it to a trim ship and see if it can be modified to be more comfortable."

Exceptional safety & ride

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I now have 2600 miles on this vehicle. Excellent quiet ride; interior comfort and safety features. 27 mpg in the city; i have average 25 mpg breaking in the engine. Traded a LT Tahoe (my 4th) with hesitation but now admire the comfort and ride. The cargo capacity slightly smaller than the Tahoe but the mpg is 45% higher...3rd row seating is comfortable; collision protection 360* was a key decision closer..w/o a doubt an excellent vehicle with bells & whistles galore. I don't worry with the wife and grandsons inside this cabin with all the protection this vehicle offers. Toyota has the Hybrid technology market; GM and Ford are light years behind. Highly recommend to anyone trading down from an SUV who wants reliability;style;cargo;4wd;nav;safety; and comfort...unbeatable.."

No Regrets

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I love my Highlander, I researched all SUVs of this size, and I went for this one. Very spaceous, very smooth ride. I usually do 80mph and it feels way slower. I love the rearview camera. I wish my stereo would display the song titles, and I also wish it was a bit higher off the road."

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More than Expected!

By on Thursday, May 01, 2008

"I've had my 08 Limited Highlander for about a month now, and still have absolutely no complaints! (well, actually, one it's black, but with the deal I got it being a limited, I had to take it). I drove the domestic wanna-be of the Highlander first before I drove this, and it was nice, but then I got in the Highlander and never looked anywhere else. I do a lot of research before purchasing a vehicle and this was on my list. My mom has an 06 Hybrid Ltd Highlander, and she loves hers. This one is a bit bigger, thankfully, than hers, as I have three children still in carseats. I traded my van (which people think I'm crazy) for this and I couldn't be happier. The back seat is fine and have no problems with the kids getting in and out. They have plenty of space and so do average size adults. As always, Toyota goes above the rest in their seating..always comfortable. This Highlander drives like a dream...smooth as silk. I am averaging about 22-24 mpg, and I drive both city and highway. I don't get into it, although it does when I want it to, and I think that's good for the amount of HP it has. I cannot think of one bad thing with this vehicle. I paid a hefty price for it, but having owned both foreign and domestic vehicles, it is well worth the price. I would highly recommend this to anyone, both large familes and not--this is a luxury vehicle without the high price tag!"

I am in love with this vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"We have recently purchased our Highlander and my biggest problem is figuring out how to get my wife let me drive it. The ride is absolutely the smoothest I've ever experienced in an SUV. The handling and braking is superior. I am also very impressed with the acceleration. I also am very impressed with the roominess. I am 6'2" and can comfortably stretch out in the back seat. It is also very gas friendly for an SUV. We are loving our purchase and I would definitley recommend it to friends."

25% Better Gas Mileage on 1st Day

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I drove the vehicle 150 miles and had 25% better gas mileage on the first day of ownership. Only wish Toyota could have put in memory position for 2 separate drivers. Other than that, I am very impressed with the braking ability and acceleration. The car is very quiet and comfortable to drive."

Poor MPG

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"Car performs well; however, I bought it because I expected mileage somewhat close to the book estimate of 27/25. I have 2800 miles and the best is only 22mpg and this is basic city driving with almost no hills. If you're looking for good mpg, don't spend your money. I am arguing with the manufacturer for false and misleading advertising claims. I don't know where it will take me; however, I am bitterly disappointed."

Needs more

By on Saturday, April 05, 2008

"We have been looking for a new SUV to replace my wife's 1998 Camry. We are a Toyota family, owning 6 Toyotas in all. The Highlander Limited is what we are looking for, and we would buy one today. However, although a small thing to some, not having a four-way power seat for the passenger side is unacceptable. Our 1998 Camry has it, but it isn't even available as an option for the Highlander. It doesn't affect me because I am tall, but my wife would like the ability to raise the passenger seat a little for better visibility. Too bad Toyota didn't think of that, even as an option. Do we wait for the 2009 version and see if it is available then, or do we go ahead and buy the Acura MDX which has both seats with 4-way power?"

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

By on Thursday, March 06, 2008

Great family car

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"I've reviewed all of the SUV's in the same price range and the Highlander tops them all. The interior is designed to have everything easily at hand for the driver. I love being able to adjust the rear AC from the front seat. The automatic rear door makes entry easy. I love the smart key system, no more digging in my purse trying to find the key. My 3 YO daughter loves this car because she can climb easily into it. She is now also able to get into her own car seat which eliminates the awkward lifting to place her in. She loves watching the screen while in reverse to see where we are going. She likes it almost as much as the built in DVD. While the DVD does block the driver view somewhat, but it isn't too bad. It would be great if the screen could rotate slightly. This is my first vehicle with a nav system and I found it easy to learn and operate. It is intuitive, so when we deviate from the programmed course it recommends an alternative route. The rear camera is helpful, but the car has very few blind spots. I love the large side mirrors which make lane changes easy. My previous vehicle was a V8 which had more power, but not a significant percentage more. I would definitely trade for the better gas mileage. I would love for this vehicle to have memory seats. Honestly for the price I am surprised they aren't standard on the Limited. I used to own a Lexus, and while this isn't quite as luxurious it's close enough. Since Lexus maintenance is 2-3 times the price, the Toyota is going to be much easier on my pocket book in the long run. This is a wonderful vehicle that meets the needs of a busy family. I would definitely recommend it to others as I have no regrets in my purchase. I plan on keeping this vehicle for quite awhile."

toyota's are great

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"my 3rd toyota, love them all!!! so far my 2008 highland is just as good. I love the front and back look of the highland (08) the side is a little plane."

I like it

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I recently drove a 06 Toyota Highlander AWD and completely loved it!!!!!! Had someone hit me from the rear driving around 35-45mph hour I drove away they towed his vehicle away. I traded in this 06 for a 08 Highlander AWD and I was surprised at how differently they operate. I live in a rural community where the roads are not paved so I get the chance to use the SUV in a number of driving conditions. The steering on the 08 is very touchy and had to get use to its light touch as the 06 you could "feel" the turns. The power on the 08 is ridiculous I have to watch my foot with this puppy the 06 wasn't to shabby neither going up and down the Colorado mountains. Gas mileage definitely goes to the 06. I achieved a constant 23mpg on this V6 awd and on the 08 the best I've gotten so far is 21.5mpg. However it is said that once you hit 6K miles the gas mileage gets better so will have to wait and see how that turns out. As far as the snow the 06 in my opinion does a better job than the 08 I think due to the light touch steering as stated earlier the slightest touch yields huge results on the 08. Had only 1 problem with the 08 went to pull my phone charger out of the 12v socket and the whole piece came up in my hand. This was easily fixed by shoving it back into the console. Finally, I really enjoy the size and ride of the 08 and the spacious surroundings in the vehicle itself. Would I buy the 06 or 08 again. YEAH, I Like em."

Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 | Next