2008 Toyota Highlander

Based on 363 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

More than Expected!

By on Thursday, May 01, 2008

"I've had my 08 Limited Highlander for about a month now, and still have absolutely no complaints! (well, actually, one it's black, but with the deal I got it being a limited, I had to take it). I drove the domestic wanna-be of the Highlander first before I drove this, and it was nice, but then I got in the Highlander and never looked anywhere else. I do a lot of research before purchasing a vehicle and this was on my list. My mom has an 06 Hybrid Ltd Highlander, and she loves hers. This one is a bit bigger, thankfully, than hers, as I have three children still in carseats. I traded my van (which people think I'm crazy) for this and I couldn't be happier. The back seat is fine and have no problems with the kids getting in and out. They have plenty of space and so do average size adults. As always, Toyota goes above the rest in their seating..always comfortable. This Highlander drives like a dream...smooth as silk. I am averaging about 22-24 mpg, and I drive both city and highway. I don't get into it, although it does when I want it to, and I think that's good for the amount of HP it has. I cannot think of one bad thing with this vehicle. I paid a hefty price for it, but having owned both foreign and domestic vehicles, it is well worth the price. I would highly recommend this to anyone, both large familes and not--this is a luxury vehicle without the high price tag!"

Very good car

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"A very good vehicle. build quality is excellent. Have had many high line cars, this is the best. Compared to a Honda Pilot, the vehicle is much quieter, better ride and very smooth. Looks much better than the Honda (It's only competitor). It should be in a higher class of vehicle such as the MDX or Lexus RX. Makes the BMW X series look bad for what they charge. Have had no problems at all and it has 20k miles. Performed great in very bad snow conditions in Tahoe and did it with 22MPG! I'm done with the MB and BMW myth and am now enjoying a car that is actually WORTH the money."

Comfrtable, quick and reliable.

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

"This is a great car. Not much to complain about after 90,000+ miles. The 3rd row seat is small. I never use it now because my smallest kids are now too big to fit. But if you do have small children, they should fit without a problem. It's kind of expensive vehicle, but it does many, many things well. It's smooth, comfortable, it's easy to drive, surprisingly quick with the V6, the gas mileage isn't too bad at 21 mpg average, and it's 100% problem free for me. It also tows our small jet ski trailer pretty well for weekend trips to the lake. It's a perfect family fun vehicle."

Just Want to Drive It

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "ride, quality, engine, transmission, interior"

"Although I have only had this vehicle for 300 miles I have to say it makes you want to get in the car, hit cruise and drive. I did quite a bit of research before leasing this vehicle and ended up with the SE model. reasoning was for leather, heated seats, auto lift gate, daytime lights and some other comfort non-necessity items. Exterior-Well there isn't that much going on with the style, but I do like how Toyota has included a few chrome highlights and changed up the headlights. I feel it's not too flashy and not too boring. The interior is similar to the exterior being that it is just plain nice, simple, good quality materials, easy to use features, and nice amount of room. Cargo does suffer with third row, but not a major issue. I don't see myself hauling six people for a distance when I need that amount of space. Too early to tell about gas mileage. The display says 19.9 since it first rolled onto pavement. The 6 cul. engine and transmission is my favorite. It is silky smooth with no hiccups. Handling is very good for a mid-size SUV, if I wanted a sports car that's what I would have purchased. It is based off of the same frame as the Camry and Lexus so it has a softer ride than a truck. I have read that the stock tires are poor. No complaints yet. Overall, this is a nice car. The upgrades are worth it. You only live once and you work too hard not to reward yourself. The extra little a month is worth the comfort. Test drive one and you'll be hooked. I was."

Reliable, powerful, safe, comfortable, gr8 4 fam

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "awesome braking/handling on snow/ice"

Cons: "Navi sys limited access while in motion, fuel econ"

"Only 3 Negatives: 1) Navi system is not worth the extra $, updates are on expensive DVD and come out every other year; 2) No bluetooth music streaming 3) when using the 3d row seat, you have almost no trunk space Postives: - V6 is powerful, but gets 19 MPH in city/23 fwy; - Limited model has it all: 5K-lb tow package, headrest DVD (great for kids; faux wood, fuel computer; his/hers/back seat climate control; seat heaters both front seats; 2d row: 2 captains chairs or insert a middle seat wedge and it turns into a bench seat for 3; fold-flat 3d row seat; - Handleing: computer controlled braking and handling sytems is amazing...prevented accident on at least 2 occasions; - Reliable...it's a Toyota...of course if runs great; - Maintenance covered under "Toyota Care" 2 years of scheduled maintenance included; - 3-row seat is convenient for when the kids have friends, (but you loose almost all your trunk space in that config); - Comfortable ride; drove it cross country with family...roomy, fast, you can drive it all day long and not hurt; - AWD option...handles great in inclement weather (rain, snow, ice, gravel, offroad (costs you 1 additional MPH over the FWD version. However, if you need it, it's invaluable; Value: If you can afford the 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD and the negatives I mentioned are not a "deal breaker", then I highly recommend this car...we love ours!"