2008 Toyota Highlander

Based on 334 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Awesome SUV, even though it's 4 cylinder plus

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"Bought it brand new SUV last July 2013, to date, it only has 330 miles. Never been to rain or snow. Bought it to dealership for FREE oil change, advisor couldn't beleived it. Oh what a feeling!"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Smooth Ride, Great Family Vehicle"

Cons: "Gas Mileage is about 20mpg"

"Wonderful vehicle! Great price! Holds its value. This is the second Highlander I've leased. The lease price has been really affordable. I love the smooth ride and the space. It's a great vehicle for moving kids around, hauling dirt and plants for the garden, and carting a wet dog home from the lake. It handles really nicely for an SUV and the third row seating is great for kids. My only wish is that the gas mileage was better. I average 19 mpg going to and from work. On long trips I get 24 to 25 mpg on the highway."

Excellent, comfortable, reliable, great gas mileag

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "4wd, gas mileage, comfort, reliability"

"This is my first Highlander. I have owned several Camrys and found them all to be excellent and reliable vehicles. The Highlander is as comfortable and reliable as all of the Toyotas I have owned. The third row seat comes in very handy. The 4 wheel drive is very useful in the mountainous terrain and bad winter driving conditions of Western PA. The gas mileage is better than advertised. My Highlander averages 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. With its great gas mileage, spaciousness, and comfort it is a great vehicle to take on vacation."

excellent.

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

"excellent"

Best car/truck I've ever had- I'd buy another

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, good stereo, comfortable seats"

Cons: "Should buy the high end model, be happy."

"After driving a high performance Camaro for 20 years, It was time for a new something. Test drove a 2008 Highlander(Aug.2008) and loved it. Now has 90Kmi and only tiers and wipers and Mobil 1 oil. Water pump was under warrantee at 75Kmi. I'll be doing the brakes for the first time next service. That's just unheard of for me. I'll get new plugs at 100K. This car still drives like it did new!! Great in deep snow in the mountains, can pull 5,000 pounds, holds a lot of stuff and 3 rows of seats for all the grand kids. Once had 6 people, all the luggage on the roof and pulling a large U-Haul trailer from Texas to Nevada in the summer. Not one issue except used more gas. Just me and the wife, we get 22mpg on the highway and about 18 in town. Living in the desert it gets very hot, but the A/C is so good in this car, I'm never uncomfortable. It goes from 130 deg to 72 in about 10 min. That's a must where we live. It's so comfortable to drive on long trips I rarely get tired. Just hit the cruse and tones and relax. Lots of storage and ample cup holders and power plugins for extra toys. Ride is smooth even on some very ruff roads. My wife and I are short and we don't have to "Clime" into the car which is what I hate about my daughters Explorer. Her Explorer rides very ruff and the steering is much harder. The electric steering of the Highlander is top's. No pump or fluid to change, and butter smooth. Very easy to maneuver. The mirrors are large and easy to see all around. I think I'll get around 300Kmi before I need another, but I'd buy a Highlander again. The next one will have all the extras, with leather and sun roof. I'll only go with the 4X4 and at least a V6. Best car I've ever had!! I'm old so I've had a lot of cars."