2007 Toyota Highlander

Based on 849 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

My second Highlander

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I bought a 2007 Highlander to replace my 2003 because this is the last year of that model and I wanted the economical 4 cylinder engine which will not be available on the 2008. The 2003 was reliable, comfortable and problem free for my four years of ownership. The 2007 Highlander is a greater value because of the additional safety features such as side curtain air bags, VSC and traction control and better designed with more storage area under the rear deck because the full sized spare tire was relocated to exterior storage under the rear deck. The suspension of the 2007 appears tighter than the 2003 resulting in an uncomfortable ride where each ripple in the road was felt because the OEM Bridgestone tires rode hard. These tires, manufactured in Japan for Toyota had a 7/32" tread depth and only a 6" tread width. The poor ride was corrected by replacing the OEM Japanese Bridgestone tires with Michelin Cross Terrains which have a tread depth of 10/32" and a 7" wide tread. The 2007 Highlander is a great mid-sized SUV that has been improved in design and safety features over the years and gives a refined, comfortable and secure ride if equipped with Yokohama or Cross Terrain tires."

excellent investment

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "great investment"

Cons: "better gas efficiency would be awesome"

"best car I have ever owned. if taken well care of, with proper maintenance, continues to run like near brand new off the dealers lot. body and interior has held up so well too. always reliable, only one "surprise" which was the "idle air adjustment valve" went at approx 280k miles. my mechanic believes I will easily get up to 400k on this car then we plan to put in a factory rebuilt engine when the day comes this one has had enough......this car is a great investment"

Very reliable, comfortable SUV.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great reliability, drives like a car not a SUV."

Cons: "No front cupholders."

"At 145,000 miles nothing has failed on this SUV. Regular maintenance has been done and it has never let me down. At 90,000 miles the struts were replaced and the cooling system renewed with Toyota long-life coolant, along with new radiator hoses."

great car, period

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "reliable, great ride, nice design"

"Hope it lasts forever, can't think of a better replacement. Like the size and reliability, dislike the new Highlanders design and size."

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, versatility."

Cons: "With the actual price of gas, I wish I could get more than 23 MPG"

"My 4wd Limited Highlander is just incredible. 9 years/185000 miles and never, ever anything to complain about. Been towing boats, hunting, beaching, you name it. This is the best vehicle by far I've ever owned."

Over all very happy

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, lots of head room and power."

"One of the first things I look for is head room. I'm over 6 foot tall and like to wear baseball caps and if I can't do that in an auto I go to the next one. The Highlander gave me more head room than most others of its type. I have the 4-WD Highlander and have used it both in snow and sand. The only thing I had problems with is in deep sand I had to lower the air pressure in the tires a little to help with traction, other wise it preformed great. At first look, I thought the Highlander looked a little small for me but inside there is more room than it looks like and the back seat passangers have said they had good leg room. I have not used the third row seat. I have the V-6 3.0 L and have lots of passing power. I have the tow package but have not pulled anything yet. Overall I am very happy with the Toyota Highlander."

Love This SUV

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"My 2006 Highlander V6 is everything I could want with few drawbacks. It has the ride of my previous Camry's as well as the handling of them. Nothing rough, bumpy, stiff about the way it handles at all. Driving and handling as well as the cabin are all super smooth and enjoyable. However, it is not a speed demon. With the 6 cyl. in it it does tend to be margianally sluggish, so don't expect to stomp on the gas and have the highlander tear away from a dead stop, it just won't. But it is a SUV not a sports car. The highlander is not so tall that I can not get in or out of it in a dress. For a woman who is 5'4 that is saying something. This vehicle feels solid and within my control at all times even in super windy Kansas and snowy Wisconsin there isn't a lot of body lean and it feels like it sticks to the road well in deep snow. On the con's side, the cabin is rather blah without some of the creature comforts other SUV's had in 2006. For instance mine does not have steering wheel mounted stereo controls, no rear air and for me I would have liked to have had lumbar support standard. Additionally for me this vehicle gets around 20 mpg no matter what I do. Which is great news when I am towing a camper but not so great when I am driving down the highway at 65 with the cruise on. However, all in all this is a roomy SUV, that for the most part is well appointed, well mannered and reliable with strong resale value and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an SUV. I have had zero problems with my Highlander. And for those interested, mine came with a towing kit, and the trailer hitch for it can be found for 115.00 on ebay and is a self install item that requires you bolt on 4 bolts. The trailer lighting kit is 36.00 again on ebay and takes less than 10 minutes to install. Just an FYI for anyone wanting to tow anything with it. It's max towing capacity is 3500 pounds so easily tows our 22 foot camper."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "So dependable."

"This has been such a great vehicle for me. I run synthetic oil in my vehicles and put a lot of miles on them. I have rarely had to have mechanical repairs done with this vehicle. The A/C still blows cold. It will be hard for me to buy something other that a Toyota."

great vehicle

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"We bought our Highlander in 2002. Nearly 6 years later we have yet to have any mechanical problem. Oil changes and gas - that's it. And as a tall person (6'-5"), I find the vehicle very comfortable and easy to drive and maneuver. I would buy another."

Safest Car Ever

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"We were in a car accident with our Toyota Highlander and we believe it saved our lives. We would recommend everyone to get one of these cars. We are going to buy the exact same kind of car."