2007 Toyota Highlander

Based on 849 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Best Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Without a doubt this is the best and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has everything I have ever wanted in a car and the reliability is excellent. I used to look under the hood every week on other cars, but I seldom do anymore because of the trust I have for this car. A person just cannot go wrong with this car and I will be trading in my 2003 for a 2008 Highlander."

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Excellent for Family and Long Trips!"

Cons: "For a 2003 I wish it got better GAS MILEAGE!!!"

"Never gave me an once of trouble! In 12 years, replaced 2 Battery's. Drives and handles like a dream. You take care of it and it takes care of you. Maintenance only!!"

incredible SUV to own

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "VERY reliable!"

"Bought new. Has never broken down in all these years, and as a mother of 3 children, can't say enough how much that means to me! The only issue I have had is with the air conditioner, but was not an emergency to fix so I am still thrilled. Get 18.8 mpg city, but I wonder if stupid ethanol in gas contributed to this, as I was getting more until they started adding it to all gas."

Absolutely tops among mid-size SUV hybrids!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, quick, uber-practical!"

Cons: "Spare hard to reach (but it's a real tire)!"

"I've owned this car for 3 years, having owned a Honda for the family (Odyssey)and Bimmers (5 series--530i, 528e) for my ego. The 2006 Highlander green is, hands down, and head and tails over what I'd espected. It's both practical and stylish (for an SUV), comfortable, and is mechanically super competent. As far as practicality is concerned, it serves well as a vacation car in that it is roomy enough to carry 5 passengers in relative comfort on day trips while carrying a load of "stuff"--suit cases, beach gear, beach house grub, etc., and do double duty as a rather svelt get around car, ferring grandpa, grandma and a 5 grandkids to lunch, the beach, and the Flying Horses! And it does all of this whilst zipping from 0 - 60 in less than 8 seconds! Great pickup, great passing; I love surprising pickups, Cherokees, even the occassional 'sporty' import off the line, so to speak. And I average 24 mpg; better if I drive anywhere close to the speed limits. It actually does better in town than on the highway, which makes sense considering the hybrid attitude. All around, a great ride. Not sure how the newer models fare, but the 2006 is a genuine conversation piece well worth the price."

Never regretted buying this car

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Great car, nice ride, roomy and versatile"

Cons: "Could use separate a/c vent for back seats"

"Nothing fancy, but has always had a nice ride, extremely reliable, and feels like it easily has another 200,000 miles in it. Have had this car for 12 years because I never had an excuse to sell it."