2007 Toyota Highlander

Based on 823 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

my wife's favorite vehicle

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"this car is an excellent all around suv the styling is great handling is superb easy entry both front and rear seats plenty of leg sholder hip room for driver and pass cargo space is great tire wear was better than expected ride is excellent"

Money well worth spent

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"Purchased a 2004 front wheel drive V6 (3.3L) Highlander in Jan 2004. Put about 70K on it and to date I’ve had no problems whatsoever. Maintenance is reasonable. The large tires did cost around $600+ to replace. Otherwise, maintenance costs are pretty much standard. One thing to note is that if the front tires start to wear, you’ll hear a screeching sound when you corner hard, so make sure to rotate the tires regularly and keep good tread on the front tires (I noticed this same behavior on my Toyota Camry Solara). Gas mileage for my vehicle is roughly 24.8 mpg overall with about 75% highway driving. On all-highway trips I got as good as 560 miles out of a single tank (driving between 60-65mph non-stop). Despite not being an all-wheel drive model, it handled extremely well in snow and I found that it pulled itself out of high snow. It is a very quiet ride but sort of boring. It has great pick-up in acceleration but lacks real passing power once over 65mph (which is pretty much normal). I’d recommend this vehicle to any small family who would probably otherwise waste money on a larger SUV. This one is well-built, gets excellent gas mileage for its size, and fits any family-oriented individual."

My second Highlander

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I bought a 2007 Highlander to replace my 2003 because this is the last year of that model and I wanted the economical 4 cylinder engine which will not be available on the 2008. The 2003 was reliable, comfortable and problem free for my four years of ownership. The 2007 Highlander is a greater value because of the additional safety features such as side curtain air bags, VSC and traction control and better designed with more storage area under the rear deck because the full sized spare tire was relocated to exterior storage under the rear deck. The suspension of the 2007 appears tighter than the 2003 resulting in an uncomfortable ride where each ripple in the road was felt because the OEM Bridgestone tires rode hard. These tires, manufactured in Japan for Toyota had a 7/32" tread depth and only a 6" tread width. The poor ride was corrected by replacing the OEM Japanese Bridgestone tires with Michelin Cross Terrains which have a tread depth of 10/32" and a 7" wide tread. The 2007 Highlander is a great mid-sized SUV that has been improved in design and safety features over the years and gives a refined, comfortable and secure ride if equipped with Yokohama or Cross Terrain tires."

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Very minor repairs

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "great value, comfortable ride"

"This vehicle has required very minimal amount of repairs. I did replace timing belt and plugs at 165,000 miles and timing belt, water pump and plugs at 305,000 miles. Replaced left front wheel bearing at about 140,000 miles and right front wheel bearing at about 270,000 miles. Very solid and smooth ride even with 399,500 miles."

Good but............

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"First the good........reliable, smooth and good acceleration (except: see the "but" section), gas mileage (26 mpg @ 60-65 mph w/ AC and cruise on), tight turning radius, good headroom, nimble for tight city parking which is desperately needed where I live. but now the quirks of which I have two..... One...After slowing to a near stop and then stepping on the gas the transmission becomes hesitant, inconsistent and sometimes jerks to a high speed. I have seen postings from other owners related to this tendency. and Two........The front seats are TOO SHORT. After 1.5 to 2 hours of driving the seats become very uncomfortable. There is a definite lack of thigh support which requires us to take a break every 1-2 hours. I was able to drive my previous '90 4runner and '97 Explorer for up to 4-5 hours w/o a break. Driving my wife's car proves that it is not my older age that is the factor. I have spoken to others with same complaint. Did some measuring with a tape measure which confirms my feelings. Overall a very good vehicle but the short seats puzzles me."