2007 Toyota Highlander

Based on 815 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Very reliable, comfortable SUV.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great reliability, drives like a car not a SUV."

Cons: "No front cupholders."

"At 145,000 miles nothing has failed on this SUV. Regular maintenance has been done and it has never let me down. At 90,000 miles the struts were replaced and the cooling system renewed with Toyota long-life coolant, along with new radiator hoses."

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"No major problems with my 2004. Just replaced the tires at 55k and then the brakes at 65k. Other than that...nothing more than routine oil changes and flushes. I drive in heavy traffic and on the highway daily and its handles well through those conditions. I have had no problems in the snow or rain."

Good vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Bought new in '02 for my wife. V6 2wd. No issues ever, pushing close to 85K miles to date. Replaced the tires at 57K miles and will do it again at around 115K. Brakes are original and have plenty of life left. Had a check engine light come on once which was generated by a vacuum hose that came off when checking the air cleaner. Popped the hose on and reset the light, no more light. I love the fact that I can reach the oil filter from the top and get a pan underneath without have to lift the car. I do my own maintenance and it is wasy to work on. I tow a utility trailer to Home Depot and to the compost station every weekend and have no issues with lack of power. It has plenty of headroom to get the kids in and out of their seats and the dogs are comfortable in the back. We average 22-23 mpg with normal dirving. Less when I drive, more when traveling on trips. Had the wife, 2 kids, grandma and a dog with us on a recent trip into the White Mountains as was towing a UHaul Sport trainer. Had no problem earning that speeding ticket in Tamworth, NH while passing slower cars going up hill. Managed 22 mpg on that trip with the car and trailer loaded up with AC on the whole time. We will buy another, if only for the 3rd row seat."

m

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"when you press down on the gas for there is a delay that worries me if you need to have quick action. the design of the front seat area is maddening. things get lost and I need to stop the car get out and reach under the opening to recover the item. little things are breaking. the cover over the storage area doesnt stay hooked. the air filter inside the car was loaded-didnt even know it was there. something is spewing white lint throughout the care all the time. so far it is little things but I am no happy. Yes it runs ok."

Great vehicle but lots of hype

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"We love our 06 hybrid highlander. At 30,000 miles no problems except a stuck moon roof which was easily fixed. Considering it is a hybrid and the window sticker stated 32 mpg in the city and 32 on the hwy, we are very dissappointed with an overall MPG of 24. Still better than others but not what we thought we were paying for. If I were to do it again I would save my money and get a regular Highlander forget the hybrid hype until the technology gets more efficent"