2007 Toyota Highlander

Based on 755 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

never again

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I got a Highlander at my husband's suggestion as we were looking for decent gas mileage combined with room for our 5 children. I was told the vehicle had excellent gas mileage and a great resale value along with reliability found in Toyota products. I liked the look of the vehicle but my enthusiasm stops dead there. The day after I bought the Highlander, I drove it to Florida from NY and I NEVER was so uncomfortable in my life in a vehicle! The driver's seat is hard on the rear. Add to that, the gas mileage was NOT as good as I was led to believe and the acceleration of the Highlander is wacky. It does very little when you press to accelerate in certain situations and so you press harder and it lurches into hyper drive. The aerodynamics are TERRIBLE as well. If you have any window down at 40 mph or more, the whole car rumbles with a terrible vibration of air that hurts the eardrums. The biggest downer is that I have been trying to get rid of it for the almost 2 years I have had it and I can't. For some reason I owe 10K MORE than what I could trade it in for....and my payments are 550 monthly. So much for holding value!! I will NEVER again buy a Toyota...bad experience overall. Give me the gas guzzling Suburban any day!!"

Love the Hybrid

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Very reliable and super mileage."

Best SUV Ever

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"This is the Best SUV I have ever owned, It has never let me down or failed to start. I lease this Highlander and Now buying it."

My second Highlander

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I bought a 2007 Highlander to replace my 2003 because this is the last year of that model and I wanted the economical 4 cylinder engine which will not be available on the 2008. The 2003 was reliable, comfortable and problem free for my four years of ownership. The 2007 Highlander is a greater value because of the additional safety features such as side curtain air bags, VSC and traction control and better designed with more storage area under the rear deck because the full sized spare tire was relocated to exterior storage under the rear deck. The suspension of the 2007 appears tighter than the 2003 resulting in an uncomfortable ride where each ripple in the road was felt because the OEM Bridgestone tires rode hard. These tires, manufactured in Japan for Toyota had a 7/32" tread depth and only a 6" tread width. The poor ride was corrected by replacing the OEM Japanese Bridgestone tires with Michelin Cross Terrains which have a tread depth of 10/32" and a 7" wide tread. The 2007 Highlander is a great mid-sized SUV that has been improved in design and safety features over the years and gives a refined, comfortable and secure ride if equipped with Yokohama or Cross Terrain tires."

See if you qualify for