2006 Toyota Highlander

Based on 834 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Great vehicle but lots of hype

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"We love our 06 hybrid highlander. At 30,000 miles no problems except a stuck moon roof which was easily fixed. Considering it is a hybrid and the window sticker stated 32 mpg in the city and 32 on the hwy, we are very dissappointed with an overall MPG of 24. Still better than others but not what we thought we were paying for. If I were to do it again I would save my money and get a regular Highlander forget the hybrid hype until the technology gets more efficent"

excellent investment

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "great investment"

Cons: "better gas efficiency would be awesome"

"best car I have ever owned. if taken well care of, with proper maintenance, continues to run like near brand new off the dealers lot. body and interior has held up so well too. always reliable, only one "surprise" which was the "idle air adjustment valve" went at approx 280k miles. my mechanic believes I will easily get up to 400k on this car then we plan to put in a factory rebuilt engine when the day comes this one has had enough......this car is a great investment"

Love This SUV

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"My 2006 Highlander V6 is everything I could want with few drawbacks. It has the ride of my previous Camry's as well as the handling of them. Nothing rough, bumpy, stiff about the way it handles at all. Driving and handling as well as the cabin are all super smooth and enjoyable. However, it is not a speed demon. With the 6 cyl. in it it does tend to be margianally sluggish, so don't expect to stomp on the gas and have the highlander tear away from a dead stop, it just won't. But it is a SUV not a sports car. The highlander is not so tall that I can not get in or out of it in a dress. For a woman who is 5'4 that is saying something. This vehicle feels solid and within my control at all times even in super windy Kansas and snowy Wisconsin there isn't a lot of body lean and it feels like it sticks to the road well in deep snow. On the con's side, the cabin is rather blah without some of the creature comforts other SUV's had in 2006. For instance mine does not have steering wheel mounted stereo controls, no rear air and for me I would have liked to have had lumbar support standard. Additionally for me this vehicle gets around 20 mpg no matter what I do. Which is great news when I am towing a camper but not so great when I am driving down the highway at 65 with the cruise on. However, all in all this is a roomy SUV, that for the most part is well appointed, well mannered and reliable with strong resale value and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an SUV. I have had zero problems with my Highlander. And for those interested, mine came with a towing kit, and the trailer hitch for it can be found for 115.00 on ebay and is a self install item that requires you bolt on 4 bolts. The trailer lighting kit is 36.00 again on ebay and takes less than 10 minutes to install. Just an FYI for anyone wanting to tow anything with it. It's max towing capacity is 3500 pounds so easily tows our 22 foot camper."

great vehicle

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"We bought our Highlander in 2002. Nearly 6 years later we have yet to have any mechanical problem. Oil changes and gas - that's it. And as a tall person (6'-5"), I find the vehicle very comfortable and easy to drive and maneuver. I would buy another."

Safest Car Ever

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"We were in a car accident with our Toyota Highlander and we believe it saved our lives. We would recommend everyone to get one of these cars. We are going to buy the exact same kind of car."