• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2005 Toyota Highlander

Based on 772 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

m

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"when you press down on the gas for there is a delay that worries me if you need to have quick action. the design of the front seat area is maddening. things get lost and I need to stop the car get out and reach under the opening to recover the item. little things are breaking. the cover over the storage area doesnt stay hooked. the air filter inside the car was loaded-didnt even know it was there. something is spewing white lint throughout the care all the time. so far it is little things but I am no happy. Yes it runs ok."

Solid performer

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Needs ability to turn off air vents independently. If air is on, everyones vents are on, which is annoying to sensitive people."

2nd to none

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Our family does alot of traveling, and I couldn't imagine feeling any safer or more comfortable in anything else. Definitely recommend the LIMITED package. My wife really,really,wants the new 2008 highlander. I imagine we will be testdriving it soon!"

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"my Highlander is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. It rides like a Camry and I've had no problems with it since the day I bought it. I love this SUV, and I'll buy another one next year."

Extremely reliable, excellent vehicle overall

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"I bought my 2003 Highlander new. I adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule and never have had any problem with it. It rides extremely smoothly, like a luxury car rather than a SUV, thanks to Toyota's car-based chassis design. Plenty of rear leg room and cargo room. I don't do any towing so I decided on a 4-cylinder. Yet it has plenty of power to get on the highway or pass trucks on the interstate. I average about 20 mpg in town and 24-26 mpg on the highway. I only have two minor complaints after owning this car for four years. First, the air -conditioning "on" button is not well lit enough to see in a bright and sunny day. It's even worse if I have my sunglasses on. I often have to guess if the air conditioning is on or not. Second, I find the side mirros a little too small. But then again these could be just my own idiosyncrasies. I will definitely buy a Highlander again or recommend this to a friend. It is a mechanically sound, well-designed and dependable vehicle with excellent resale value."