2005 Toyota Highlander

Based on 829 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

my wife's favorite vehicle

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"this car is an excellent all around suv the styling is great handling is superb easy entry both front and rear seats plenty of leg sholder hip room for driver and pass cargo space is great tire wear was better than expected ride is excellent"

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Very minor repairs

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "great value, comfortable ride"

"This vehicle has required very minimal amount of repairs. I did replace timing belt and plugs at 165,000 miles and timing belt, water pump and plugs at 305,000 miles. Replaced left front wheel bearing at about 140,000 miles and right front wheel bearing at about 270,000 miles. Very solid and smooth ride even with 399,500 miles."

My second Highlander

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I bought a 2007 Highlander to replace my 2003 because this is the last year of that model and I wanted the economical 4 cylinder engine which will not be available on the 2008. The 2003 was reliable, comfortable and problem free for my four years of ownership. The 2007 Highlander is a greater value because of the additional safety features such as side curtain air bags, VSC and traction control and better designed with more storage area under the rear deck because the full sized spare tire was relocated to exterior storage under the rear deck. The suspension of the 2007 appears tighter than the 2003 resulting in an uncomfortable ride where each ripple in the road was felt because the OEM Bridgestone tires rode hard. These tires, manufactured in Japan for Toyota had a 7/32" tread depth and only a 6" tread width. The poor ride was corrected by replacing the OEM Japanese Bridgestone tires with Michelin Cross Terrains which have a tread depth of 10/32" and a 7" wide tread. The 2007 Highlander is a great mid-sized SUV that has been improved in design and safety features over the years and gives a refined, comfortable and secure ride if equipped with Yokohama or Cross Terrain tires."

Wonderful, Troublefree Vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "Size, quality, reliability, mileage, power"

Cons: "Not sexy, throttle-response with hybrid"

"We have the hybrid Highlander, and in spite of its complexity it has proven to be totally reliable. We have not had a single failure with it. Overall size and interior layout is perfect for most uses. We really wouldn't want the larger, new ones. While not the toughest-looking SUV, it is a good design and built to a very high quality. We love the excellent visibility, unlike many newer vehicles. Our Hybrid gets an average of about 28mpg to top it off. It doesn't have quite the throttle response of a conventional vehicle, but that's a small price to pay for the mileage. We love it."

Love it!

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"I have been very pleased with my 2004 2WS 6cyl Highlander. I leased it Aug 2004, currently has 30k miles. Like it so much I am going to buy it. I had nothing but trouble with Nissan and Ford before I got this SUV. I have had to do nothing to it except gas, oil change & a new set of tires (didn't rotate the originals as I should have) It's comfortable, handles well, pick-up is good & feels 'luxury' compared to my friends SUV's. It's reliable, cools off quickly and warms up nice in the winter. I couldn't be happier!!"