2004 Toyota Highlander

Based on 807 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

I love my Highlander.

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

"I would only add rear seating a/c for my passengers, but this is an excellent and mechanically sound vehicle."

Reliable mid-sized SUV that drives like a car

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride, easy to meaneuver"

Cons: "Again older model so no USB portals"

"My Highlander is an older model, built in 2002 so it doesn't have the modern conveniences like USB docs. In fact, it might be the very first model. I usually think of the first models of cars as experiments by the car company, but I've never had any issues with my Highlander. It's really smooth and feels like I'm driving in a sedan, not an SUV. There are 90,000 miles on the car and I'm so impressed with it, I'd seriously consider purchasing the same brand again, only the 2015 or 2016 version."

great suv

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "comfort, conveniene decent mpg"

Cons: "needs 12v plug access for back seat"

"So far we are happy with the highlander, like the all wheel drive. The limited is very luxurious, and it is laid out very well. No complaints yet..."

Total Trouble free SUV!!!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

"I bought this vehicle when it was 5 years old and 50,000 miles. It is now 14 years old and has 271,000 miles and it has NEVER been in the shop nor had Anything wrong with it !!!!! Other than oil changes which I am not the best at remembering either, this car has been wonderful and is still going strong!! I totally want another one but will keep this one til it dies!"

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Maintenance free"

"I purchased this SUV new. In the 10 years I have owned it, other than routine maintenence and tires, it has never ever had anything go wrong with it. I have never owned a vehicle as reliable and trouble free as this Toyota."

Highlander

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Very well built vehicle, low maintenance"

Cons: "Not great pulling or tow abilities"

"I got this vehicle new and have driven almost every one of the 25,000 miles onit. It has been an excellent vehicle, never given me any problems. Gass milage has dropped about 2 mpg from new 35 in town and 25 on the highway (I still check. This is a hybrid vehicle and in retrospect was not the best choice. Most of my miles are highway and the hybrid doesn't have the same benefit on the highway as if I was in town."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "very reliable and luxurious."

Cons: "no heated seats."

"Maintenance only on this vehicle . Very comfortable leather seats. I'd buy another one like this in a minute. I purchase all the upgrades except the sun roof. I don't have heated seats."

Really reliable car except...

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Handling, reliability. Exterior styling."

Cons: "Road noise, Cheap looking interior. radio"

"I have the 2007 toyota Highlander SPORT. I have 170k on it and it is still running strong! But in the past 50k miles I have noticed a few small annoying problems... Like sometimes (I would say a not to often but it happens enough to be noticeable) the radio will glitch and it will scramble the things on it, and when that happens you cant change the station, the volume, etc after a while it will fix itself. There is also a lot of road noise, after a while of driving your bosom starts to hurt because the seats are hard. The interior feels and looks kinda cheap. BUT NOW ON TO THE GOOD THINGS!!!! The exterior of the car looks really good! Plus it is durable! And it is fast for being a SUV. And just the way the V6 sounds when your accelerating on the highway. The SUV Handles surprisingly well and nimble. And they run forever!!! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone."

I love this ride!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"This is the BEST car I have owned for business travel. Almost to 150K miles and I think I will easily double that! Great handling in snow and rain. Large enough to carry cargo but not too big for City driving."

Very sound mechanically.

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "good power, mpg"

Cons: "poor quality interior"

"I bought this vehilce used, for use as wife's work car and family trips. It has been very good mechanically. No problems or issues to speak of. The gas mileage is much better around town (most of our driving) than non-hybrid of same size, but not so impressvie on the highway at 70+ mph. Things I like about it: Good power and excellent torque from the hybrid system, decent looking style, comfortable, not unpleasant to drive, Things I don't like about it: Torque steer is really bad during hard acceleration at lower speeds, vinyl on sides of leather seats cracks (see pictures of other used ones-they all do it), not impressive mpg at highway speeds, small rust spots in paint on tail gate (I don't know if it is common for these vehicles, or just mine), generally poor quality on interior. Overall, it has been a good vehicle, dependable and better than average mpg during $4.00/gallon times."