• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2003 Toyota Highlander

Based on 754 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

sweet ride

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Bought the Highlander in 2004 after driving a Chevy Blazer for 4 years. OH MY GOD...what a difference. Actually went in to look at rav4 but no room in those for a driver who is almost 6ft yall. Smooth ride. Outstanding in the winters in the northeast. Have never had a problem in snow conditions...and we have had our share in the past few winters. Love my dealership....they do a phenominal job whenever I have a problem. Have shown up without an appointment on two occasions and they up and took me in to fix the problem then and there. Great room, comfortable to drive. I love this more than I did my ex-husband, but thats another story all together."

bad gas milege

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"The engine is too small for the car it needs more power to get better gas milage. A bigger engine is needed."

Good but............

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"First the good........reliable, smooth and good acceleration (except: see the "but" section), gas mileage (26 mpg @ 60-65 mph w/ AC and cruise on), tight turning radius, good headroom, nimble for tight city parking which is desperately needed where I live. but now the quirks of which I have two..... One...After slowing to a near stop and then stepping on the gas the transmission becomes hesitant, inconsistent and sometimes jerks to a high speed. I have seen postings from other owners related to this tendency. and Two........The front seats are TOO SHORT. After 1.5 to 2 hours of driving the seats become very uncomfortable. There is a definite lack of thigh support which requires us to take a break every 1-2 hours. I was able to drive my previous '90 4runner and '97 Explorer for up to 4-5 hours w/o a break. Driving my wife's car proves that it is not my older age that is the factor. I have spoken to others with same complaint. Did some measuring with a tape measure which confirms my feelings. Overall a very good vehicle but the short seats puzzles me."

Really great car

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Bought new in 2003. Never had any problems. Easy to maintain. Really good gas mileage. Very comfortable to drive. Handles great."

A Ride As Smooth As Silk!!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"An SUV with a luxury ride!! Great reliability!! Would buy again in a heart beat!!"

See if you qualify for