2003 Toyota Highlander

Based on 811 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "very reliable and luxurious."

Cons: "no heated seats."

"Maintenance only on this vehicle . Very comfortable leather seats. I'd buy another one like this in a minute. I purchase all the upgrades except the sun roof. I don't have heated seats."

Really reliable car except...

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Handling, reliability. Exterior styling."

Cons: "Road noise, Cheap looking interior. radio"

"I have the 2007 toyota Highlander SPORT. I have 170k on it and it is still running strong! But in the past 50k miles I have noticed a few small annoying problems... Like sometimes (I would say a not to often but it happens enough to be noticeable) the radio will glitch and it will scramble the things on it, and when that happens you cant change the station, the volume, etc after a while it will fix itself. There is also a lot of road noise, after a while of driving your bosom starts to hurt because the seats are hard. The interior feels and looks kinda cheap. BUT NOW ON TO THE GOOD THINGS!!!! The exterior of the car looks really good! Plus it is durable! And it is fast for being a SUV. And just the way the V6 sounds when your accelerating on the highway. The SUV Handles surprisingly well and nimble. And they run forever!!! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone."

I love this ride!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"This is the BEST car I have owned for business travel. Almost to 150K miles and I think I will easily double that! Great handling in snow and rain. Large enough to carry cargo but not too big for City driving."

Very sound mechanically.

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "good power, mpg"

Cons: "poor quality interior"

"I bought this vehilce used, for use as wife's work car and family trips. It has been very good mechanically. No problems or issues to speak of. The gas mileage is much better around town (most of our driving) than non-hybrid of same size, but not so impressvie on the highway at 70+ mph. Things I like about it: Good power and excellent torque from the hybrid system, decent looking style, comfortable, not unpleasant to drive, Things I don't like about it: Torque steer is really bad during hard acceleration at lower speeds, vinyl on sides of leather seats cracks (see pictures of other used ones-they all do it), not impressive mpg at highway speeds, small rust spots in paint on tail gate (I don't know if it is common for these vehicles, or just mine), generally poor quality on interior. Overall, it has been a good vehicle, dependable and better than average mpg during $4.00/gallon times."

It's a snow machine!

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great in snow!"

Cons: "none worth mentioning"

"We bought this 2005 V6 with 35k miles and 2 years old, and now have 118k miles and it's 10 years old and it's been great. Our only repair was the heat, and ran us $800, but besides that it's been a great car. Fund to drive and amazing in the snow and ice! My wife is a teacher and has to drive in the snow all the time to work and it's been great."