2002 Toyota Highlander

Based on 804 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Total Trouble free SUV!!!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

"I bought this vehicle when it was 5 years old and 50,000 miles. It is now 14 years old and has 271,000 miles and it has NEVER been in the shop nor had Anything wrong with it !!!!! Other than oil changes which I am not the best at remembering either, this car has been wonderful and is still going strong!! I totally want another one but will keep this one til it dies!"

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Maintenance free"

"I purchased this SUV new. In the 10 years I have owned it, other than routine maintenence and tires, it has never ever had anything go wrong with it. I have never owned a vehicle as reliable and trouble free as this Toyota."

Highlander

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Very well built vehicle, low maintenance"

Cons: "Not great pulling or tow abilities"

"I got this vehicle new and have driven almost every one of the 25,000 miles onit. It has been an excellent vehicle, never given me any problems. Gass milage has dropped about 2 mpg from new 35 in town and 25 on the highway (I still check. This is a hybrid vehicle and in retrospect was not the best choice. Most of my miles are highway and the hybrid doesn't have the same benefit on the highway as if I was in town."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "very reliable and luxurious."

Cons: "no heated seats."

"Maintenance only on this vehicle . Very comfortable leather seats. I'd buy another one like this in a minute. I purchase all the upgrades except the sun roof. I don't have heated seats."

Really reliable car except...

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Handling, reliability. Exterior styling."

Cons: "Road noise, Cheap looking interior. radio"

"I have the 2007 toyota Highlander SPORT. I have 170k on it and it is still running strong! But in the past 50k miles I have noticed a few small annoying problems... Like sometimes (I would say a not to often but it happens enough to be noticeable) the radio will glitch and it will scramble the things on it, and when that happens you cant change the station, the volume, etc after a while it will fix itself. There is also a lot of road noise, after a while of driving your bosom starts to hurt because the seats are hard. The interior feels and looks kinda cheap. BUT NOW ON TO THE GOOD THINGS!!!! The exterior of the car looks really good! Plus it is durable! And it is fast for being a SUV. And just the way the V6 sounds when your accelerating on the highway. The SUV Handles surprisingly well and nimble. And they run forever!!! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone."

I love this ride!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"This is the BEST car I have owned for business travel. Almost to 150K miles and I think I will easily double that! Great handling in snow and rain. Large enough to carry cargo but not too big for City driving."

Very sound mechanically.

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "good power, mpg"

Cons: "poor quality interior"

"I bought this vehilce used, for use as wife's work car and family trips. It has been very good mechanically. No problems or issues to speak of. The gas mileage is much better around town (most of our driving) than non-hybrid of same size, but not so impressvie on the highway at 70+ mph. Things I like about it: Good power and excellent torque from the hybrid system, decent looking style, comfortable, not unpleasant to drive, Things I don't like about it: Torque steer is really bad during hard acceleration at lower speeds, vinyl on sides of leather seats cracks (see pictures of other used ones-they all do it), not impressive mpg at highway speeds, small rust spots in paint on tail gate (I don't know if it is common for these vehicles, or just mine), generally poor quality on interior. Overall, it has been a good vehicle, dependable and better than average mpg during $4.00/gallon times."

It's a snow machine!

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great in snow!"

Cons: "none worth mentioning"

"We bought this 2005 V6 with 35k miles and 2 years old, and now have 118k miles and it's 10 years old and it's been great. Our only repair was the heat, and ran us $800, but besides that it's been a great car. Fund to drive and amazing in the snow and ice! My wife is a teacher and has to drive in the snow all the time to work and it's been great."

great car

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "great performance and reliability"

"love it"

Exceptionally well maintained, pretty & clean.

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Quiet ride, drives like new, price below book."

Cons: "Can think of no cons"

2001 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD

"Car has been an exceptional vehicle; reliable, quiet, comfortable with good room. Vehicle is single-owner, garage kept and have complete maintenance records and receipts. On Mobil 1 synthetic oil since 50,000 miles with most work done by Toyota dealership; oil & filter changed religiously @ 3000 mile interval. Car computer keeps track of mileage and was never reset: overall mileage since new is 22.6 mpg which is very good for an all-wheel drive vehicle. Car truly drives like new car. Looking to purchase new car and therefore am selling."

2001 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD