2001 Toyota Highlander

Based on 785 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Excellent Car

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

"I bought the Highlander new. Other than oil change, tires, etc I have put no money for repairs into the car. Reliability is excellent. My next car will be a Highlander or one of their other SUVs. I am 100% satisfied."

Overall good vehicle

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, safe, tough, good price"

Cons: "Soccer mom vehicle, not fun to drive"

"I have owned this vehicle since 2009. This car starts every time I turn the key, and it is almost unstoppable in bad weather. The AWD system works great, no mods are necessary to make this thing ready for rain, sleet, snow, mud, dirt or pavement. The only things I've had to do to this SUV is change the brakes, tires, light bulbs, and an O2 sensor. All pretty normal for an eleven year old car. The worst thing about this SUV is it looks sooo bad. So much ugly on this car. More ugly on this car than a Rolling Stones group photo. The design is just hideous. The driver seat doesn't go back far enough for me. I'm 6 feet tall and I feel cramped in it. Every time I get in it I try to put the seat back further, just hoping my wife got in it and moved the seat up a little. I also wish there was a little more cargo room, not much more, but just an extra two or three inches in the rear. It does have some pretty handy storage areas though. I've driven this car across the country 3 times and wouldn't hesitate to jump in a go again. Very reliable, and safe. Fuel mileage isn't bad for what it is, I average around 23. When staying on the interstate and driving "nicely" I average closer to 28, unless I'm passing through mountains. City MPG is closer to 18ish."

best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable, cost efficient, great drive"

"Purchased this car from original owner with 61000 miles. It has been the best, most dependable car I have ever owned. It is hybrid and averages over 25mpg consistently. I am looking for a newer used one now"

Best Vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Reason: Purchase a 2015 Highlander

Pros: "Reliability, Handling, Styling, low maintenance"

"I purchased this car new in 2001. I purchased the Limited, V6, AWD version. Handled exceptionally, with plenty of room and the reliability is out of this world. The only major maintenance cost was replacement of the timing belt at the recommended ~100,000 miles but even that was only a few hundred at the dealer. Aside from tires and brake pads it has been absolutely trouble free. I sold it with 159,000 miles on it and I knew it easily had that many more trouble free miles left in it. Still drove like new and handled much much better than any SUV I have ever ridden in. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I sold it to a friend of mine, who I know will be very happy with it for many years to come."

love this vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "fun and easy to drive."

Cons: "could use more and larger storage spaces."

"This vehicle is very roomy, comfortable, and very easy to drive. It has a short turn radius which makes maneuvers in tight places very easy to do."