2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,435 - $27,350.

10/6.8

9.4

Based on 483 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Best of the best

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I have owned my Fj for 1 to 2 yrs, 18,000 miles. I have had zero problems. I live on top of a mountain in North East Tennessee and I absolutely love to drive up and down the mountain trails. The power and control is great. It is so much fun to drive! I have two small boys, 2 and 5 yrs old. Getting in and out of the back seat takes some getting used to, but its not that bad. The blind spot on the rear passenger side, the gas millage (16.5 city & 21 hwy), and the getting in and out of the back seats are the only down sides to the vehicle. If you are serious about buying a FJ you must do your homework and decide what you really need in a vehicle, because if you test drive this vehicle you will, most likely, fall in love. I am 6'3 and I have more head room and leg room than any vehicle that I've ever driven. Driver comfort is great, the factory sound system is above average, and the confidence on the road I have is priceless. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone that is not afraid to have fun while driving."

Trendy & Pratical

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Our family has owned our FJ for a little over a year now. We love it. It is so much fun. We got the 6 speed and have had no problems with sluggishness or performance. We are a family of four so it is the perfect size for us and all our stuff. We live in Missouri, so we experience all sorts of weather... Last winter we got a snow of about 12 or so inches... we were out in it all day and didn't get stuck one time. We even stopped to help several American-made tough trucks that weren't moving. :-) Going muddin' is a blast! As far as comfort and convenience, this is not a luxury car, but was not meant to be. It is built rugged for a reason. I am only 4'11" and my husband is 5'9" and we neither one have any problems with the "visibility" issue that others have stated. In any vehicle you have to be alert and pay attention. I will agree with another reviewer though, the windshield is definitely a "bug magnet". I think the main problem is because it is completely vertical rather than sloped. But this is a minor inconvenience. We have received so my compliments and comments from everyone. It is definitely an attention getter. And it is a Toyota so we know it will last forever. My son is 9 and he says he gets the FJ when he turns 16... I would bet money on him being right... that is if we are ready to give it up by then! I definitely recommend the FJ if you are into adventure and fun.... and aren't looking for luxury."

Fantastic FJ

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I have owned the FJ for about 6 months and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's my first "non-american" auto....but with the Toyota rep. I figured I couldn't go wrong. The look of the FJ is what hooked me right away...then once I got inside and drove it....HAD to have it. Replaced a fully loaded Ford Expedition and couldn't be happier! Both are four wheel drive and the mileage on the FJ is FAB compared to what I was getting! It's a fun vehicle to drive and you do get lots of attention on and off road with it. As for the blindspots-not a prob if you adjust your mirrors (I'm 5'3" and don't have a prob). I do however have two complaints relating to "comfort", I spend most of my day driving for work and the windshield frustrates the heck out of me!! It is with out a doubt the WORST bug catcher I've ever seen. And the wipers don't clean the bug mess very well. I also think the center counsole could have been designed better...I love the fact that I have the jack for my ipod..but there's not really a good place to "set" it, I also think only having one power outlet in the console is a little "too retro" for 2007! Other than those few complaints, my raves for the FJ could go on and on! This is a keeper for sure!"

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"When I first bought the FJ, I had reservations about the blind spots and was wishing I got the 4 Runner instead. Thankfully I didn't change my mind. With proper mirror adjustment, the blind spots are no issue. The ride is very smooth and has more than enough power. My dogs love to hop in the back and go for rides. One thing I wish it did have was a center console with cover. Seems like there isn't enough storage for the small things I need to have sitting next to me. would also have liked rear windows that opened. other than those minor things, the FJ is a great SUV. Oh...the MPG is hard to get used to if changing from a car."

BEST MACHINE EVER CREATED BY HUMAN!

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, safe,fun to drive and very reliable!"

"From the moment that I saw my Trail Teams i felt in love all over again. At first my wife said its too big and ugly, But we end up bought it anyway. We owned a Lexus ES300, Its very reliable and my wife love it so much!. We were looking for a 4x4, but she wanted to keep her favorite Lexus. We shopped around from Jeep to Nissan to Honda and finally i couldn't walk away from a Toyota FJ. For the first whole year my wife didn't touch it at all. I took two weeks vacation just to stay home and enjoy the winter and it was a snowy week and she drove it to work for two weeks straight. And guess what happened next?....We own two FJs now. That's how much we love it. We feel extremely safe, comfortable and so reliable every time we hop in it. and I Love the timing chain too! Best of all Its a Toyota!. What else can I say?"

This is one tough vehicle, bulletproof so to speak

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Extremely durable. Perfect size for two people."

Cons: "Blind spots. Not necessarily a family vehicle."

On the beach in Baja

"We purchased one of the first FJ Cruisers to hit the street. It is a pleasure to drive it around town and on the freeway's but that's not what we bought it for. It has taken us to Baja at least 25 time's and traveling on hundred's of miles of rough dirt roads. We have driven to the bottom of the Copper Canyon in Chihuahua Mexico in the blistering heat. Not to mention the blinding snow storm's in the Midwest. I know, I know I sound like a T.V. Commercial but I really like this FJ it has never let us down."

On the beach in Baja

Really Cool Truck

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "good quality, fun to drive, no carpet+++"

Cons: "wished the doors locked when put in drive"

"I bought this SUV after my 4runner got totaled out from a hail storm, I've gotten so many complements on the style and quality of my FJ Cruiser I'm very happy with my purchase and plan to drive this vehicle for a very long time."

Will always drive an FJCruiser

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, reliability, get up and go, safety"

Cons: "gas mileage, not bad, but not great"

"Love it,love it, love it! This baby will get up and go when I ask it to. I feel very safe in it, no matter the weather or traffic conditions. It handles the mountains and desert equally well. A cruiser on the highway. It always gets lots of compliments. I especially love the convenience of the 110 electrical outlet."

Still in Love

By on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"I've had my FJ Cruiser for 3.5 years and I am still totally in love. I get a thrill every time I drive it, and it is still beautiful. Never had any problems, runs like a charm. Excellent performance off road and in the snow."

A Jeep with Toyota Reliability

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I purchased this truck for one reason, to go off road. I've taken this vehicle on every "difficult" rated trail in Arizona, so in other words, it's unstoppable (I have lifted it 3" and put on 33" tires). I love this thing! The rear 4 link suspension, locker, and "A-TRAC" are awesome. The only real draw back I can think of is MPG (but every real off road vehicle lacks this) and the fact that Premium fuel is needed. Blind spots can be overcome with a $1 stick on wide view mirror (were people really complaining about this??) So I guess the best way to describe this vehicle and its capabilities is in the title. It's basically a Jeep (which are known being great off road) but with Toyota's excellent reputation for quality, reliability and value."