2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,881 - $27,562.

10/6.8

9.4

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Not a soccer mom's SUV

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Fun, safe, gets you home from the woods."

Cons: "Blind spots to get used to and mileage."

A work horse that get me home from some bad spots in the woods.

"The most advanced off road vehicle. This is a very light but full framed off road vehicle. A little uncomfortable to sleep in but geared to get you out of the mud. Recommend chains all around on steep grades in the snow and ice. Bumpers are solid steel behind the plastic façade. So the guy that hits you will get the worst of it. Plastic easy to pop out and spray. Can tow and pull using frame mounted rings. Tight turning radius between trees and rocks. Recommend a rear bumper extender on the trailer hitch to protect rear door from being crushed by spare tire mount with rear impact. Independent rear gearing. Rear gears are susceptible to damage if rear-ended while brakes are not applies. Engine very good designed work horse but mileage is poor. It will get you home when other vehicles may not. Room behind front grill for winch but need to provide pan. Recommend oil change every 3K with synthetic. Recommend Kevlar with heavy sidewall ply. I use a 60 inch tractor jack with ribbons in place of a winch. Good ground clearance. Have done many stream crossings with just standard equipment. I plan on keeping this truck forever. In 4WD the turning radius is poor. Mine is a 2007, silver with white roof, running boards, aluminum wheels, roof rack, brush guards, and standard bumper. Recommend installing a rear backup camera on license plate mount. Recommend oiling the frame routinely to keep rust away. Mud will build on inner fenders in nooks, so power wash with care under there. Nice to have a high ride that is short. This vehicle will scratch in the woods, so get cool with that happening and so wear with pride the scars on your skin."

A work horse that get me home from some bad spots in the woods.

2014 will be the last build,futur classic

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Solid, fun, cool, roomy , exotic, engine sounds"

Cons: "4x4 permanent not available in automatic"

"I am back with Toyota after driving some other brand and for a reason: most reliable brand i have ever owned. The FJ is my family car here in Switzerland , land of snow and ice in the winter and with more than 130,000 miles on it it keeps giving me a big smile every day. It was never officially imported in Switzerland or France so it's almost an exotic car here. I had before the Mercredes G 400 CDI , done 150,000 miles on it and spend thousands on maintenance or reliability issues .Now the FJ is doing so much better for the money. I recommend the FJ to anyone who wants a safe , reliable, cool car."

Amazing

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"This vehicle is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. (I have owned over 20). The safety factors and the size is what first sold me on it. After driving in heavy and deep snow and experiencing the traction/stability control feature, I would recommend this to any driver. I have never had a day of mechanical or any other problems with it also. Many ask me about the mileage and it gets exactly what the sticker stated - 17-21 mpg"

Fun Packed Go Cart !

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Stable, stable platform, handles like a solid gocart if you'll just put decent tires on it. Forward read of the road is excellent, BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO tires 10 ply should be standard equipment from the manufacturer on the 17" alloys. Synthetic oil boosted my MPG one extra mile both city and highway and the effect was immediate. Primitive and pure the car is not for everyone, but having driven thousands of cars from all makes in the past 24 plus years this cartoon-like looking SUV is just simply fun to drive and should definitely appeal to those with a strong adventurous outdoors nature ! I'd buy another one with no questions whatsoever ! Also, I'd really recommend the manual 6-speed transmission with full-time four wheel drive as it's tracking and cornering are vastly superior to the automatic transmission's 2WD mode ! Premium fuel required is not what I'd prefer but why not give the best some dessert ?"

Perfect for Oregon, on or off road

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Fabulous off-road out of the box."

Cons: "None. There's nothing I don't like about it."

"This is my second FJ Cruiser. You have to own one to appreciate just how well designed, reliable and enjoyable they are to own and drive. Seriously, nothing compares to the FJ Cruiser. I was lucky enough to get the Trails Team Edition my second time around. I will never sell this car. Mine is fully stock and I intend to keep it that way. You won't believe how well it performs off-road, in snow, ice and mud. The comfort is exceptional. The highway driving characteristics rival most passenger cars. Hard to believe that a vehicle as comfortable as this can clock up a steep, rocky or slippery road with such authority."