2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,993 - $26,800.

10/6.9

9.4

Based on 430 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

All show and no go

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Purchased the vehicle approx 8 months ago. Quality is good. I have the manual and the gearchanges are too long. The engine also has the tendency to rev up when changing gears - have never experienced the same tendency in any other car, and it is very annoying. Vehicle is definitely NOT powerful... compared to a Tundra (4.7 or 5.7 liter engines) it is meek. I want to sell this vehicle ASAP."

Great fun car

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"We love our FJ, it's a great car....the only compliant is that there are no handles to grab on to when you climb in the back seat!"

Best Bang for the Buck!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I ordered my FJ in June 06 and had by July 06 - so now I have a year. I love the overall style in and out, the get up and go, lots of room inside - didn't mind paying full sticker. Toyota is worth it. I did however make a wise decision to order the 2 wheel drive - and since I don't do much off-roading, it meets my every need. I'm in construction, and in and out of my car all day, with dirt, etc. getting out of mud and I don't have an issue. My gas mileage is better than expected, even with the higher octane. The blind spots are not there for me, with adjustments of mirros and getting used to, it has been easy. The windshield has three rock chips from the angle! My only real complaint is I can't get the FJ to go straight down the road...it pulls hard right...Toyota says nothing wrong, had the tires balanced three times now...I put a lot of miles on my autos. I've had a Jeep 4 wheel drive, several SVU's and never had so many issues keeping an auto on the road! So maybe I'll keep the FJ, maybe I won't. But I feel like it's one in a million and should be a keeper! A collector!"

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"When I first bought the FJ, I had reservations about the blind spots and was wishing I got the 4 Runner instead. Thankfully I didn't change my mind. With proper mirror adjustment, the blind spots are no issue. The ride is very smooth and has more than enough power. My dogs love to hop in the back and go for rides. One thing I wish it did have was a center console with cover. Seems like there isn't enough storage for the small things I need to have sitting next to me. would also have liked rear windows that opened. other than those minor things, the FJ is a great SUV. Oh...the MPG is hard to get used to if changing from a car."

It's not a Landcruiser but....

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I have owned my FJ for over a year now and have done a fair amount of mellow 4-wheeling with it. Did great in Moab on the White Rim trail, works great down in Baja down on the beach and great out in the Deserts of SoCal. It has a solid feel to it. Noticeably more than my wife's 2007 Tacoma. It has plenty of power almost too much. Maybe Toyota could have sacrificed a few horses for a bit better mileage or perhaps have put in a turbo-diesel. I drive it to work twice a week 30 miles round trip and it does well. The blind spot issue is a little concern but if you have your mirrors adjusted correctly there isn't a problem. I would like to see Toyota continually enhance this SUV line as it has a great price point and excellent quality. Things I would love for future versions: Turbo-diesel engine for better fuel economy Solid axle front suspension option. Rear seats that can lay flat. Bigger back window. Rear side windows that roll down. thanks for listening. Bob"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25