2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,023 - $26,854.

10/6.9

9.4

Based on 430 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

My 2nd FJ and I would buy another

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, safety, reliability, look"

Cons: "blind spots, 2011 not easy to change your own oil"

"I love my FJ. I have a 2011 and I previously owned a 2007. There are blind spots, but I think everyone should learn how to be more cautious regardless. I think it's made me more aware of others and pay more attention. It handles fantastic, and I have NEVER had one repair made to either of my FJs. As far as the comments about it not having heated seats and heated mirrors. Ummmm, it's not meant to be a luxury car, it's meant to be a rugged off-road beast that is also extremely comfortable on the highway. I've always owned great quality vehicles and I don't ever remember having heated mirrors. I'm a woman, and I would recommend this vehicle to any man or woman who wants to feel confident and safe in their vehicle."

Its an offroad tank. If thats what you want its fo

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Everything you would expect from Toyota and more."

Cons: "Nothing at all."

"I have read a lot of the negative reviews here and i have to say, they sound like people that wanted a Camry and left with an FJ Cruiser. Seriously, "it has a stiff suspension and isn't comfortable". One a Wrangler will rattle your fillings out on a daily commute, i know traded mine in on the cruiser. Two, that's called an off road suspension, if it were squishy it would bottom out on every bump. You have to realize this vehicle keeps its value because they don't make many of them, and its made for a specific market, offroading. If you have no intention on doing some trail driving, then you really don't have any business owning one. The good thing about you accidentally rushing into a purchase of a vehicle over 25k brand new is it has the second best resale value of any vehicle on the market. So you wont get all of your money back but you'd be better off than most any other vehicle. Drive one, drive it a while too. Don't buy it the day you go to the dealership. Sit on it, and think, are the blind spots something i can deal with? Is the fact it takes up most of a lane of traffic something i am ok with? Aside from that if you can live with those two things it is a wonderful vehicle myself and family have had more than enough fun with. Worth every penny! Oh and for all you gas mileage nuts out there, You don't buy a vehicle that is designed for offroading, 4x4, heavy, high off the ground, and that has a very large V6 and expect good mileage, unless your nuts. And i mean that. Its gas mileage is not as bad as my 2002 Dodge 3500 work truck but much better than the Wrangler i traded for it."

Love my FJ!!!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to manuver and park, holds lots"

Cons: "Visiblity, white top"

"I went from a Wrangler to the Fj and never looked back. Love it. Being a female is unique driving this car and brings a lot of questions. It is easy to drive,park and handle on mountain roads and in the snow. Living in the mountains it is perfect but also driving in the city is great. It is a perfect car for about everything. The fold down back makes it roomy to fit anything in and it is easyto drop either all or half of it. Seats are comfortable for long drives. My husband prefers to take our FJ to taking his truck when we go places. He is tall and fits perfectly in it. Vision out back is a problem but I find myself being extra careful because of it so maybe it really is an advantage. Also have the backup camera. Wish it was a little bigger but does the job. I love my fj and would recommend it to anyone. I have a solid color."

this is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "quality, reliability, comfort, bulletproof"

Cons: "this is not an economy car, average 17.6 city"

"I have entertained the idea of looking seriously at FJ Cruisers for several years now but was disuaded by test drive magazine's overservations about the poor outward visibility of the FJ Cruiser. Two months ago while getting my Tacoma serviced at the local Toyota dealer I happened per chance to test drive a 2014 FJ Cruiser just for the heck of it. I kept driving it right on home. There is no visability problem if you adjust your mirrors as they should be in the first place and the back up camera makes backing up easier than my truck. The ride is remarkably smooth and especially so for a 4x4 tank which the FJ Cruiser is. The fit and finish is light years beyond other off-road vehicles I looked at. The gas mileage is right on the sticker estimates. Any place the FJ Cruiser will not take me and my kayaks would only be accessable by horse or helicopter I suspect. My only regret is that I did not purchase one of these refined tanks years ago rather than reading reviews by "experts" who prefer sports cars. I have had in my long years a number of very nice vehicles, but the FJ Cruiser is by far the one I love most. I suspect this tank will last a lot longer than I will. The legendary reliability of the FJ Cruiser is icing on the cake so to speak. I do warn readers that if you drive an FJ Cruiser there is a high probability that you will drive it home as I did."

Nothing like it in the world

By on Friday, September 03, 2010

"I've owned this vehicle for almost three years. I traded in a PowerStroke. Best automotive decision of my life. Never has let me down on the trail whether through rock, snow, mud or sand. Perfect for urban commuting, once you learn to rely on your mirrors. Get some convex stick on mirrors to help the rear view. Parks anywhere. Highway ride is smooth. I have the TRD custom exhaust, so it's a little throaty, but I like it. Everything else is bone stock. Great acceleration when you need it. Freeway driving long distance at 100km/h (62mph)=24mpg (if you can stand going that slow) 75mph=20mpg. Around town 17-18mpg. Pulling a 1000lb trailer on the freeway=15-16mpg. Only complaint is that with the smallish fuel tank, that's good for only about 240-300miles on a tank. I have the videos in the backs of the front headrests. My kids and scouts love this. It takes their minds off the fact that the back seat is kind of a "penalty box". All in all this vehicle is a grand slam. My first Toyota, not my last."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25