2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser

9.4

Based on 486 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Love my Little FJ!!!

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun, very comfortable for taller people (I'm 6'2")"

"Well, went to get the oil changed today at 60K and walked into the showroom with some money burning a hole in my pocket. Drove a gorgeous new 4Runner, but walked and decided to just think about an impulse decision (for once!). After pondering this all day, I've decided I really do just love my FJ too much to part with it yet. I've traded off vehicles just for the sake of having something new or different, but I'm realizing it would be foolish to get rid of something that has been so perfect for me. A buddy just got a new Wrangler, and I personally think it's junk compared to my tight, squeak-and-rattle-free FJ. I want to note that I've owned it since new (it's an '07), and the only thing I've done to it is change the oil........oh, and the tires. Nothing else. What can I add, other than to say it's been a great rig and I'm glad I'm keeping it!!!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Love my FJ. 'Wicked blind spot'? That reviewer must be 4 feet tall. I never had a problem, the blind spot gripe is way over rated. As far as gas mileage, I average 22 mpg city/highway. Like any vehicle you need to go lightly on the gas pedal and watch your speed. Seats are very comfortable even though the interior is spartan. It would be nice to have some sort of an upgrade interior option though. Stereo is phenomenal too."

Very dependable, great ride for suv.

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

Pros: "Great dependability."

Cons: "Not lot of bells and whistles"

"It has by far been the best vehicle I ever owned. Very dependable. Great ride for and SUV. Windows in back are small so it took getting used to the limited visibility but very few things to complain about."

Best when paired with an Airstream

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "reliability, great towing capacity, fun off-roadin"

Cons: "small gas tank- limited to 200 miles on a tank"

On the road to burning man!

"It's great for camping and off-roading. The retro styling is a great compliment to my 19 foot Airstream. It pulls the 5000lbs rig over the Tioga Pass and Cajon pass with power to spare. No problems since I got it back in 2008. I can see why the resell value is so high, who would want to sell it! Added a after market Alpine with Nav, Bluetooth, iPod and Pandora full integration. I even added a front hitch to carry my Honda Trail 110 while camping. This truck lives up to and exceeds the legendary FJ40! It's destined to be a another collector item."

On the road to burning man!

The only wife you'll need

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"She's a tremendous investment that catches attention stock and dominates with a few add-ons. Smooth ride both on and off road, you'll enjoy nosing up to a Jeep and confidently look them right in the eye if only to say "Yea, I can do the same stuff AND I'll do it in more comfort and luxury". I've owned a variety of cars and trucks including 3 Jeeps and my FJ is hands down the best automotive investment I've made. If you're looking for a vehicle you're excited to grab the keys to then take a knee because I now pronounce you man and FJ Cruiser."

Perfection

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"The FJ Cruiser is Toyota's best creation ever for offroad enthusiast's (such as myself). The vehicle is made to be upgraded with aftermarket parts. An FJ, such as one with the TRD package, can take you to most offroad locations. One loaded with aftermarket parts can take you nearly wherever you want to go. I'm a huge man - 6'4" 300 lbs, and I easily fit in this vehicle, along with my wife and 2 kids. The vehicle has a lot of room, is a joy to drive, gets decent gas mileage for its' class, and always get's looks. Plus when you own an FJ, you become part of a family. Other FJ owners always wave or smile when they see another FJ. That's part of the FJ experience."

BEST SUV EVER

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"Am 57 yrs old, had many cars and trucks over the years. There's nothing that has been this much fun. They talk about the blind spots, the mirrors are so good you can see everything until there right along side of you. Just takes a little getting used to. FANTASTIC SUV!!! on and off road."

Best of the best

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I have owned my Fj for 1 to 2 yrs, 18,000 miles. I have had zero problems. I live on top of a mountain in North East Tennessee and I absolutely love to drive up and down the mountain trails. The power and control is great. It is so much fun to drive! I have two small boys, 2 and 5 yrs old. Getting in and out of the back seat takes some getting used to, but its not that bad. The blind spot on the rear passenger side, the gas millage (16.5 city & 21 hwy), and the getting in and out of the back seats are the only down sides to the vehicle. If you are serious about buying a FJ you must do your homework and decide what you really need in a vehicle, because if you test drive this vehicle you will, most likely, fall in love. I am 6'3 and I have more head room and leg room than any vehicle that I've ever driven. Driver comfort is great, the factory sound system is above average, and the confidence on the road I have is priceless. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone that is not afraid to have fun while driving."

Trendy & Pratical

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Our family has owned our FJ for a little over a year now. We love it. It is so much fun. We got the 6 speed and have had no problems with sluggishness or performance. We are a family of four so it is the perfect size for us and all our stuff. We live in Missouri, so we experience all sorts of weather... Last winter we got a snow of about 12 or so inches... we were out in it all day and didn't get stuck one time. We even stopped to help several American-made tough trucks that weren't moving. :-) Going muddin' is a blast! As far as comfort and convenience, this is not a luxury car, but was not meant to be. It is built rugged for a reason. I am only 4'11" and my husband is 5'9" and we neither one have any problems with the "visibility" issue that others have stated. In any vehicle you have to be alert and pay attention. I will agree with another reviewer though, the windshield is definitely a "bug magnet". I think the main problem is because it is completely vertical rather than sloped. But this is a minor inconvenience. We have received so my compliments and comments from everyone. It is definitely an attention getter. And it is a Toyota so we know it will last forever. My son is 9 and he says he gets the FJ when he turns 16... I would bet money on him being right... that is if we are ready to give it up by then! I definitely recommend the FJ if you are into adventure and fun.... and aren't looking for luxury."

Fantastic FJ

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I have owned the FJ for about 6 months and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's my first "non-american" auto....but with the Toyota rep. I figured I couldn't go wrong. The look of the FJ is what hooked me right away...then once I got inside and drove it....HAD to have it. Replaced a fully loaded Ford Expedition and couldn't be happier! Both are four wheel drive and the mileage on the FJ is FAB compared to what I was getting! It's a fun vehicle to drive and you do get lots of attention on and off road with it. As for the blindspots-not a prob if you adjust your mirrors (I'm 5'3" and don't have a prob). I do however have two complaints relating to "comfort", I spend most of my day driving for work and the windshield frustrates the heck out of me!! It is with out a doubt the WORST bug catcher I've ever seen. And the wipers don't clean the bug mess very well. I also think the center counsole could have been designed better...I love the fact that I have the jack for my ipod..but there's not really a good place to "set" it, I also think only having one power outlet in the console is a little "too retro" for 2007! Other than those few complaints, my raves for the FJ could go on and on! This is a keeper for sure!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota FJ Cruiser near Honolulu. See local deals